+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

mike2989

Jan 7, 2020
H
9 more days left till my 6 month deadline. Totally not feeling positive that I'll be getting PPR in time. Have a strange feeling mine will exceed the 6 month mark.
am I fair to say your AOR is 24th August - sailing in same boat for 24th August AOR - VO New Delhi .. what you VO ?

dikshya092

Feb 15, 2020
Also, US-based applications don't always take longer. I personally know someone in the US who got PPR within 5.5 months earlier this year. Now I really feel those trends on the tracker may give us either false hopes or unnecessary concerns as each case seems to have a different trajectory. Only one thing is for sure: there are more and more cases not finalized within 6 months.
I am also US based applicant but Nepali citizen..My Aor is aug 20 .5 days left for 6 month and only background is passed so far.
hard to wait

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Also, US-based applications don't always take longer. I personally know someone in the US who got PPR within 5.5 months earlier this year. Now I really feel those trends on the tracker may give us either false hopes or unnecessary concerns as each case seems to have a different trajectory. Only one thing is for sure: there are more and more cases not finalized within 6 months.
Me and a few of my friends as well. All US residents, got it around 10 days within our deadline. 5.5 - 6 months.

There are for sure many cases linginring around the 6 month mark too.

And as much as I hate to say it, it depends a lot on individual cases.

Reactions: Sntrada

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Hey guys!
Earlier whenever I used to call at IRCC helpline, I used to get IVR notification that they are unavailable to find any information basis the information provided by me. However, now they told the status of my application on IVR. Does this mean anything or merely their systems got updated?

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Hey guys!
Earlier whenever I used to call at IRCC helpline, I used to get IVR notification that they are unavailable to find any information basis the information provided by me. However, now they told the status of my application on IVR. Does this mean anything or merely their systems got updated?
I noticed that as well. Few days back, when I called IRCC helpline status was unavailable. But, today IVR notification was available and read same as my online status. I also got to talk to agent twice today. First agent told that security and eligibility is not started, but criminality is in progress. I forgot to ask VO so called again. 2nd agent said that my application is being processed by New Delhi VO and he cannot access any information such as eligibility, criminality and security screening.

Reactions: Nakulkapur

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
My AOR was August 13th, after passing my estimated completion date I sent them a web form asking what was going on, and they sent me the following...which I don't think is very helpful.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

What do you guys think?

Reactions: baltzly

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
What I think is that you've passed criminality. Eligibility is still in progress and security hasn't started yet. It's pretty slow considering the 6-month period has already elapsed.
What's annoying is that they won't tell me what's going on. I'm seriously getting super disillusioned with this whole thing.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Yes, They don't disclose any further detailed information in their replies to webforms. I think the info in this reply is consistent with what you already know. Since you said you knew part of your documents was review required, it is not surprising that eligibility is still ongoing with security not starting at all. Once they have cleared that review-required concern, they will pass your eligibility and initiate security.
True...but, they can't review eligibility within that 6 months timeframe? It literally takes like 5-10 minutes for my documents. If they have a queue then give people an estimate.

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
My AOR was August 13th, after passing my estimated completion date I sent them a web form asking what was going on, and they sent me the following...which I don't think is very helpful.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

What do you guys think?
it is a generic response :(

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019

What do you guys think?
Do you know your visa office?

Avats

Oct 12, 2019
Hi guys! I am confused between the terms criminality check, security check and background check. Are all 3 different or do criminality and security come under the broader blanket of background check?