+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
If you are from SG, then it is much less likely that you will be under SS. They do discriminate against third-world countries and you rarely see people from first-world countries put under SS. As long as your travel history doesn't contain frequent travel to flagged countries, the number of countries you have been to shouldn't matter much.
someone in May AOR from Aussie seems to be under SS in Sydney CIO, not sure if low risk countries mean anything but usually high risk countries high probability of getting SS

Chuaxin1

Jun 19, 2019
If you are from SG, then it is much less likely that you will be under SS. They do discriminate against third-world countries and you rarely see people from first-world countries put under SS. As long as your travel history doesn't contain frequent travel to flagged countries, the number of countries you have been to shouldn't matter much.
That's what I thought too. Thanks for the reassurance! Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Reactions: baltzly

hmusman79

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Have you ordered your notes? If your eligibility was passed before Oct 1st and you are still waiting for your background check to be completed, then you should consider the possibility of SS. I hope you are not under SS, but based on your timeline, this cannot be ruled out now.
Yeah I confirmed from the agent that I am not in SS. She said you are under normal conditions and still there are 12 days to 6 months :). So hoping for the best now.

Chuaxin1

Jun 19, 2019
To be frank, I don't even know why People from SG still apply to come to Canada. SG is way better in terms of almost everything, from housing, salary to infrastructure and education. I have been there a few times and I think it is the best civilisation in the world.
LOL, well I came to Canada for its education, might as well get a PR and enjoy Canadian benefits. Also, I still have like over 150K tax credits from my tuition, I should at least finish the credits first ;)

Chuaxin1

Jun 19, 2019
I wish you best of luck in your PR application:) I was amazed every time I travelled to SG by the modernity and cleanness of the country and just couldn't imagine how a country be so well organized. If I were you, I would be laughing in my dream everyday for being a SG citizen:)
Thank you! Wish you all the best as well. Hope your SS ends very soon!

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
HELLO! maybe coz more ppl want a change of environment from sg. you guys got any Singapore food recommendations in Canada?
when's your AOR?
Actually I'm a FSW-O applicant :) I am in Singapore right now.

And you are absolutely right about the change of environment. Sure, SG could be a great country, amazing infrastructure, efficient systems etc but there's always a flip side. I get questioned a lot too, mostly by foreigners wanting to migrate to SG, on why I have a desire to leave when many others so badly want a coveted Pink or Blue IC.

Reactions: Chuaxin1

Chuaxin1

Jun 19, 2019
HELLO! maybe coz more ppl want a change of environment from sg. you guys got any Singapore food recommendations in Canada?
when's your AOR?
I've actually never tried any 'real' Singaporean food in Canada. The closest taste that I could get is Prima Taste's laksa...hahaha

Reactions: quelash13

ab282

Dec 11, 2019
Hi ,
I am eAOR 31 August 2019
MEP 13 Sept 2019
Biometrics Completed 20 Sept 2019
Please can anyone add me to the August 2019 AOR WhatsApp group!! (91)9872575904
Thanks in advance!!!!!

Last edited:

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
If I had known you were from SG earlier, I would have suggested that you stay reassured because your application will navigate through the IRCC system very smoothly and speedily:) Initially I though you are also from a third-world country like me. Sorry about that!
nothing to be sorry about! I really hope you get out of SS soon but if not, try to think about other stuff in the meantime.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
when's your AOR?
Exchange student at NUS before la lol

One2snack at Scarborough, ON...its Malay but pretty authentic as SG food

Lion City Restaurant @ Mississauga

Reactions: yuyu