+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

nagarajsarath6

Jan 1, 2019
@LilyBee Quick question on the return label shipping. I sent my passport to Ottawa VO yesterday through UPS, Rochester - NY. But, when I asked them to print the return label from Ottawa to Rochester, they claimed that the label is going to be a ground shipping one instead of International Standard, since the label is printed from the US. Also, they were not sure about the customs procedure on return. So, I was left with no option but to go ahead with that option. I reached out to 3 UPS locations and a FedEx and received similar response. It was frustrating that the shipping services personnel are not trained enough to offer right explanation to the customer questions. But, can't help with it.

I'm aware of the affix document, sent with the package, that mentions the candidate is authorizing the sender to send the package to the address filled in the form. I guess that should take care of customs. But, I'm not 100% sure about that. Did you have similar experience?

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
@LilyBee Quick question on the return label shipping. I sent my passport to Ottawa VO yesterday through UPS, Rochester - NY. But, when I asked them to print the return label from Ottawa to Rochester, they claimed that the label is going to be a ground shipping one instead of International Standard, since the label is printed from the US. Also, they were not sure about the customs procedure on return. So, I was left with no option but to go ahead with that option. I reached out to 3 UPS locations and a FedEx and received similar response. It was frustrating that the shipping services personnel are not trained enough to offer right explanation to the customer questions. But, can't help with it.

I'm aware of the affix document, sent with the package, that mentions the candidate is authorizing the sender to send the package to the address filled in the form. I guess that should take care of customs. But, I'm not 100% sure about that. Did you have similar experience?
No, mine was pretty straight forward. I created a return shipping label online via www.fedex.com, and filled out all necessary information, I printed it out and proceeded to UPS to send my passport to CPC-Ottawa. I included the return label (International Priority) together with my passports and photos, as well as the commercial invoice. Everything went smoothly, and I should be getting my passport back by tomorrow. My applocation/profile changed to Approved with the counterfoil number and expiry date attached today. Few hours later, I got the return tracker notification activated.

nagarajsarath6

Jan 1, 2019
No, mine was pretty straight forward. I created a return shipping label online via www.fedex.com, and filled out all necessary information, I printed it out and proceeded to UPS to send my passport to CPC-Ottawa. I included the return label (International Priority) together with my passports and photos, as well as the commercial invoice. Everything went smoothly, and I should be getting my passport back by tomorrow. My applocation/profile changed to Approved with the counterfoil number and expiry date attached today. Few hours later, I got the return tracker notification activated.
Hmm. Okay. The FedEx site was down on Monday, 2nd of March. So I stopped by UPS. I've the tracking number of both labels. So, I should be able to track it. Let's see how it goes.

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello there! In the first part of your PPR letter, there is an e-mail address where you can send the information in case you had a change in your family configuration while your application was being reviewed. Even if you have already sent the information and got an acknowledgement message from IRCC, I believe it would be better to send a Letter of Explanation along with the forms you already submitted and the IRCC acknowlegement.
Are you an Inland applicant? Is your baby Canadian born?
Hi,
Im outland applicant, baby is born in india. I informed ircc with loe and docs and forms as they asked to fill and send. Even got acknlwged. But the local office has to add it, that has not happened.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I received my passport this morning and drove to the US border and did my landing there this afternoon:) I have abandoned my initial plan to travel to an US city and return by air because of the coronavirus...
How long did it take for you to receive your passport back after you sent it to CPC-Ottawa? (Approval, return tracking?)

Reactions: baltzly

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
I received my passport this morning and drove to the US border and did my landing there this afternoon:) I have abandoned my initial plan to travel to an US city and return by air because of the coronavirus...
This is awesome! Congratulations!

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hi,
Im outland applicant, baby is born in india. I informed ircc with loe and docs and forms as they asked to fill and send. Even got acknlwged. But the local office has to add it, that has not happened.
In this case, you should follow the instructions in the PPR by sending all the documents referring to your baby to the e-mail address informed there. So, they can include the baby in the process, otherwise tHey are only going to issue the CoPR for those who are listed in your PPR.
Here it is a similar case that might help you: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-a-child-after-ppr.572655/

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hey my friend

Thank you:)

Have you received your PR card? The CBSA officer told me today that it takes 6-8 weeks to receive it, but some people say it only takes less than 4 weeks.
I haven't received it yet. They've told me it would take around 10 weeks.

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Landing by air is the best way I think. The border officer today was not very happy about me doing my landing at the land border. He asked me why I didn't choose to land in IRCC' office in downtown... He may be annoyed by me as I made him a little busier than usual haha.
I read on a thread that CBSA doesn't like to to this process for inlands as this is an IRCC role primarily.
We were also asked 3 times on why we didn't scheduled an appointment at IRCC.

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
In this case, you should follow the instructions in the PPR by sending all the documents referring to your baby to the e-mail address informed there. So, they can include the baby in the process, otherwise tHey are only going to issue the CoPR for those who are listed in your PPR.
Here it is a similar case that might help you: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-a-child-after-ppr.572655/
Thanks. I have informed to my local visa office. So i guess i have to wait till they respond