+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>AUGUST 2019 AOR<<<<<<<-----Join here

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok. Hope this wait will be over soon. was there any complications or they requested any additional documentation?
Mine had nothing reported. Still no news!
Same here. They never asked for additional documents except for remedical which I did in May 2020. No updates either. Recently applied for GCMS notes that I'm still waiting for, they were extended by an extra 3 months

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Guys, I cannot recall. Do you know where we indicated which stream we have applied? Was it in the invitation stage or application stage?

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I recently got my CBSA notes and GCMS notes one week apart. I noticed they're almost similar but on Page 2 of CBSA notes it clearly shows that security is passed including eligibility, criminality and medical. I noticed on the GCMS notes it only S15(1) on the top right corner with security blank but the others showing passed. Based on my CBSA notes can I assume that security is clearly passed? Can I also assume that criminality and eligibility are passed since they appear on both notes showing they are passed? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I recently got my CBSA notes and GCMS notes one week apart. I noticed they're almost similar but on Page 2 of CBSA notes it clearly shows that security is passed including eligibility, criminality and medical. I noticed on the GCMS notes it only S15(1) on the top right corner with security blank but the others showing passed. Based on my CBSA notes can I assume that security is clearly passed? Can I also assume that criminality and eligibility are passed since they appear on both notes showing they are passed? Thanks
Security is always redacted in the GCMS notes. However, since CBSA is one of the agencies that conducts security screening, it can decide whether to redact it or not. In most cases CBSA only redacts if security is in progress.

Also, see the date of generation at the bottom of each page and it is as on the date of generation how your application look like is reflected in your notes.

If both, CBSA and GCMS notes are not too far apart, then for security rely on CBSA notes.

If your security is showing passed, then yes, your eligibility should be passed as it only starts after eligibility is conclusively passed. You can also see the notes in the last 2-5 pages of your notes.

See my previous post on eligibility and you can compare your notes to it. #4,004

To reason how security is done, when it starts and who does it, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Here is the correct information.

Security will always be redacted when in progress or completed if the GCMS notes are obtained from IRCC.

On the other hand, security will usually be redacted only when it's completed if the GCMS notes are obtained from CBSA. If your file from CBSA shows Security on Page 2 of the file as "passed" then it's not common

If Security is passed then your Eligibility would have too.

Here is a link to the online version of Security screening manual from CBSA https://cbsa-screening-manual.gcmsnotes.com to see further details.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , @caipsnotes

Thanks for your responses. The CBSA notes are the recent ones as they were generated this month, and the GCMS notes show a generation date of October 2020 although they were only delivered to me a week ago after they requested a 90 day extension.

What I am finding odd is that although security, criminality, eligibility and medical are all shown as passed on page 2 of CBSA notes, when I turn to the last 2-5 pages it shows REVIEW REQUIRED by Case Analyst. The case analyst recommendation asks the officer: OFFFICER PLEASE REVIEW NOC. IT APPEARS THE NOC IS NOT VALID. This note was created on 2019/12/09, but there are no notes yet from the officer above this note. What assumptions can be made from this? Is it possible that the officer has already reviewed but has not entered information, or maybe they are waiting to give a final decision? As you said security is only done after eligibility is passed, since it shows security passed on page 2, would I be correct to assume the officer already reviewed but did not enter any notes? Your help is always appreciated. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your responses. The CBSA notes are the recent ones as they were generated this month, and the GCMS notes show a generation date of October 2020 although they were only delivered to me a week ago after they requested a 90 day extension.

What I am finding odd is that although security, criminality, eligibility and medical are all shown as passed on page 2 of CBSA notes, when I turn to the last 2-5 pages it shows REVIEW REQUIRED by Case Analyst. The case analyst recommendation asks the officer: OFFFICER PLEASE REVIEW NOC. IT APPEARS THE NOC IS NOT VALID. This note was created on 2019/12/09, but there are no notes yet from the officer above this note. What assumptions can be made from this? Is it possible that the officer has already reviewed but has not entered information, or maybe they are waiting to give a final decision? As you said security is only done after eligibility is passed, since it shows security passed on page 2, would I be correct to assume the officer already reviewed but did not enter any notes? Your help is always appreciated. Thanks

See at the bottom of each note, you will find the date of generation. How your application looked like as on the date of generation is captured in your notes.

See my previous post on eligibility and see if your eligibility is conclusively passed at #4,004

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
See at the bottom of each note, you will find the date of generation. How your application looked like as on the date of generation is captured in your notes.

See my previous post on eligibility and see if your eligibility is conclusively passed at #4,004
Hi @legalfalcon,

To quote you in your post #4,004 you said: 'This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. The terminology used such as met / recommended passed / passed an no relevance. Only after the eligibility is passed will security start.'

Well in my case, the Case Analyst makes a recommendation to the Officer to review my NOC, and also review my foreign work experience. But according to my notes there's no officer correspondence but at the same time on page two my security is passed. That's where my confusion emanates from, as you said in your post 'only after eligibility is passed will security start'. Could it be that security was passed even though the officer has not yet reviewed the NOC and foreign work experience as per Case Analyst's recommendation? Nowhere in my notes does it show officer notes, the last notes were made my the Case Analyst. Is it also possible that the officer has already dealt with the recommendation but has not entered any notes? How come security is passed in this case even though an officer has not made a 'final determination'. Your help in clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
@caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon,

To quote you in your post #4,004 you said: 'This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. The terminology used such as met / recommended passed / passed an no relevance. Only after the eligibility is passed will security start.'

Well in my case, the Case Analyst makes a recommendation to the Officer to review my NOC, and also review my foreign work experience. But according to my notes there's no officer correspondence but at the same time on page two my security is passed. That's where my confusion emanates from, as you said in your post 'only after eligibility is passed will security start'. Could it be that security was passed even though the officer has not yet reviewed the NOC and foreign work experience as per Case Analyst's recommendation? Nowhere in my notes does it show officer notes, the last notes were made my the Case Analyst. Is it also possible that the officer has already dealt with the recommendation but has not entered any notes? How come security is passed in this case even though an officer has not made a 'final determination'. Your help in clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
@caipsnotes
If you are Express Entry applicant and security has been passed then you should be good with your Eligibility too. Do you mind sharing Page 2 of the GCMS which shows Security as passed?