07-12-2018
File Transfer...
17-01-2019
Med's Request
03-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
No email after medicals
on the same dat my husband got a mail that my file has been transferred to london visa office( PA office for PAKISTAN)

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Anyone who got DM recently got PPR yet? I didn’t get anything after DM yet...

Reactions: Lucky713

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you ..it showed i need to give..but there is no inquiry as such..can u tell pls at what point of the process they ask for the same?
It is not clearly indicated about those who applied after ????? do not need to , but here is what I found more-

Starting July 31, fingerprints and a photo will become mandatory for many people from Europe, the Middle East and Africa applying for a Canadian visitor visa, work or study permit, permanent residence or asylum in Canada.

Known as biometrics, the fingerprints and photo will be required for identification purposes. This requirement will be extended to Asia, Asia-Pacific and the Americas on December 31, 2018.

Travellers from visa-exempt countries who are coming to Canada as tourists with a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will not be required to provide biometrics. For a full list of exemptions, please see the end of this article.

The Government of Canada says the collection of biometrics will facilitate application processing and simplify entry into Canada for low-risk travellers.

All travellers between the ages of 14 and 79 must provide biometric information, except in asylum cases, for which there is no upper age limit.

The process of providing your biometric information only takes a few minutes and costs CAD $85 for an individual or CAD $170 for a family that is applying together.

If you are outside Canada and applying for the first time, you can provide your biometrics at a Government of Canada-authorized Visa Application Centre (VAC) when you’re applying for a visa in person.

There are 137 VACs in 95 countries where an applicant can give their biometrics.

New VACs have also been announced and are scheduled to open as follows:
  • Kigali, Rwanda — Stockholm, Sweden — and Tel Aviv, Israel: mid-September 2018
  • Athens, Greece — Berlin, Germany — Lyon, France — and Vienna, Austria: early November 2018
  • Antananarivo, Madagascar and Cape Town, South Africa: early December 2018
Chandigarh is authorized to take pics+ fingerprints;-
Changes to services and fees
As of November 2, 2018, VACs in Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas:

• started charging a separate fee to submit your application and send your documents
  • introduced other services and fees

Reactions: Lucky713 and jaz13

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone...application submitted on august 20, BG check started on 28 jan and today got DM
WOW! U got ahead of us; happy to hear that! There are many ahead of you but no DM . But we are GLAD to see one member got a DM
Any timelines u care to share please?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Foreign nationals from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas will also need to provide their biometrics when applying for a visitor visa, a work or study permit, or permanent residence beginning December 31, 2018.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
The following applicants are exempt from the Biometrics requirement:
  • Canadian citizens, citizenship applicants (including passport applicants), or existing permanent residents;
  • children under the age of 14;
  • applicants over the age of 79 (there is no upper age exemption for asylum claimants);
  • visa-exempt nationals coming to Canada as tourists who hold a valid electronic travel authorization;
  • heads of state and heads of government;
  • cabinet ministers and accredited diplomats of other countries and the United Nations, coming to Canada on official business;
  • U.S. visa holders transiting through Canada;
  • refugee claimants or protected persons who have already provided biometrics and are applying for a study or work permit;
  • temporary resident applicants who have already provided biometrics in support of a permanent resident application that is still in progress.
The federal government uses biometrics to prevent:
  • identity fraud and theft;
  • known criminals from entering Canada;
  • deportees from re-entering Canada without permission; and
  • failed refugee claimants from re-entering Canada using false identity documents.

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Hi everyone,

Wanted to share our timeline.
Together since Aug/16
Married May/18
Several visits to see my husband the past 2 and a half years.
Application received Aug 22/18
AOR Sept/18
SA Dec 17/18
Medical request Dec 17/18
Biometrics & Medical done Jan 4/18
Medical passed Jan 8/18
File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Dec/24/18
AOR2 Jan 11/18

We were never able to link Gckey with any success. The online tools ( that is the eca ? ) says that "we started processing you application Jan 10/18 on the second line.. Guess it's just a waiting game . Does it mean they are actually working on your bgc when they start processing my husbands application ? The phone system has said since November be are processing your bgc so not sure it thats reliable information lol. Sure doesn't take months for that.

I would strongly suggest anyone that has an application still in Canada and no movement to call the 1-800 number. I called at the end of November to see why we hadn't got the biometrics and medical request yet. She said she would send a note to the office. And that's when something actually started being done! :)

Pray we will all hear something soon.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi everyone,

Wanted to share our timeline.
Together since Aug/16
Married May/18
Several visits to see my husband the past 2 and a half years.
Application received Aug 22/18
AOR Sept/18
SA Dec 17/18
Medical request Dec 17/18
Biometrics & Medical done Jan 4/18
Medical passed Jan 8/18
File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Dec/24/18
AOR2 Jan 11/18

We were never able to link Gckey with any success. The online tools ( that is the eca ? ) says that "we started processing you application Jan 10/18 on the second line.. Guess it's just a waiting game . Does it mean they are actually working on your bgc when they start processing my husbands application ? The phone system has said since November be are processing your bgc so not sure it thats reliable information lol. Sure doesn't take months for that.

I would strongly suggest anyone that has an application still in Canada and no movement to call the 1-800 number. I called at the end of November to see why we hadn't got the biometrics and medical request yet. She said she would send a note to the office. And that's when something actually started being done! :)

Pray we will all hear something soon.
Our file moved to NDVO but no AOR2. In Sydney they told BGC being checked but GCMS notes real BGC will be done after eligibility done by NDVO... 2nd "We are checking your eligibility"==WRONG Notes have noting about Eligibility, our relations , ages, qualifications NO NOTHING . So GCKEYS ???guys we can't trust closing eyes on it. We can read "we started processing"" But still not 100% sure where the file is..Sounds like it is with NDVO
AND 1 more thing all calls to Montreal CALL CENTER are logged with time dates at GCMS notes so you guys know!

Last edited:

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Our file moved to NDVO but no AOR2. In Sydney they told BGC being checked but GCMS notes real BGC will be done after eligibility done by NDVO... 2nd "We are checking your eligibility"==WRONG Notes have noting about Eligibility, our relations , ages, qualifications NO NOTHING . So GCKEYS ???guys we can't trust closing eyes on it. We can read "we started processing"" But still not 100% sure where the file is..Sounds like it is with NDVO
AND 1 more thing all calls to Montreal CALL CENTER are logged with time dates at GCMS notes so you guys know!
I just think it's frustrating that people coming here get into Canada in less than 2 months under the working program and they make us wait so long . So it the Montreal call center the main 1-888 number then?

KMR389

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Good Morning

There is an update in our out land spousal visa

PA- India
ECAS line -2 was updated : We started background check for the principal applicant on Jan-30-2019.

Out of curiosity I am requesting, can someone provide any insights on the average time for obtaining decision made if everything goes well without any queries from immigration.

I agree we all estimate these processing times, just trying to calculate the average time for keeping heads up on the wait time.

Thank you in advance.

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Good Morning

There is an update in our out land spousal visa

PA- India
ECAS line -2 was updated : We started background check for the principal applicant on Jan-30-2019.

Out of curiosity I am requesting, can someone provide any insights on the average time for obtaining decision made if everything goes well without any queries from immigration.

I agree we all estimate these processing times, just trying to calculate the average time for keeping heads up on the wait time.

Thank you in advance.
Earlier in this thread I wrote about this. Currently it's some 7 months from the moment they start processing application. It very much depends on where your application is processed (i.e. local VO or in Canada)

KMR389

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Earlier in this thread I wrote about this. Currently it's some 7 months from the moment they start processing application. It very much depends on where your application is processed (i.e. local VO or in Canada)

Thanks for the quick reply

Its New-Delhi- NDVO ( local VO)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I just think it's frustrating that people coming here get into Canada in less than 2 months under the working program and they make us wait so long . So it the Montreal call center the main 1-888 number then?
YES I am talking IRCC call centre and is located in Montreal as per GCMS

Reactions: gogetter13