+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

shah87

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
App Sent: Aug 3rd, 2018
App Recvd: Aug 7th 2018

No update whatsoever !! I am trying my best to keep it cool. But we've been in a long dist. relationship since last 2 yrs and after marriage too cant be together.

One thing i cannot get, the express entry applicants i.e people who want to leave the country get their applications processed in 3-5 months. But, spouse sponsorship applications taking longer...!! What it basically means is, the govt/processing centers are saying is one of you have a PR, we know you are paying taxes, working hard...but we will trouble you more by taking longer by keeping you away from your spouse !!

Sorry for the rant !!
Your situation is exactly similar to mine- had been in 2years long distance, got married and moved soon after to get things moving on this front. The wait is frustrating and I do hope the IRCC can come up with a better approach to this. It's interesting to note that the US has something called the 'Fiance' visa to facilitate such couples- it would make a lot of sense for Canada to do the same. I am also not sure why inland applications stayed with Mississauga- I think they should have been given outland to ensure efficient processing....at least the Inland sponsorship couples aren't separated by distance.......

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
How do you know they are still in training and that their systems were down twice last week?
I am part of a Facebook group for Canadians who are married to Cubans (like myself) .. one of the girls called 4 times within the last week or so , to see if they had received her application yet . And that’s what she was told ( a couple of times they actually couldn’t tell her anything because “their systems were down” )

Keep in mind, this is second hand information, and it seems like anyone who calls lately is getting various stories from them..

I wish I had more info (just like everyone else who is still waiting :( )

Mehr20

Aug 16, 2018
Hi guys,

My spouse has a visitor visa and has been in Canada twice. We got married last month in Canada and went back to our country of origin. It seems we have both options : outside and inside Canada class. Since she plans to come back to me within a month and stay in Canada during the processing time.
Based on your experiences, which option (outland or inland) do you recommend? which one takes shorter time to get result?

Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys,

My spouse has a visitor visa and has been in Canada twice. We got married last month in Canada and went back to our country of origin. It seems we have both options : outside and inside Canada class. Since she plans to come back to me within a month and stay in Canada during the processing time.
Based on your experiences, which option (outland or inland) do you recommend? which one takes shorter time to get result?

Thanks
Outland is typically faster but it depends where she's from. What is country of origin

Mehr20

Aug 16, 2018
Outland is typically faster but it depends where she's from. What is country of origin
Thanks my friend for the reply. The origin is Iran and I think the Visa office for Iranians will be in Ankara.
What is the reason for the time processing difference? IS it because they want the spouse to be reached his/her partner in Canada sooner?
Do you have any proof for this " Outland is typically faster "?Since the address of the office for outlands moved to Sydney since July and we don't have yet updates from those who applied during past two months.

Canadian_Bacon

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2018
First week of August app here for Outland. (Canada/US couple) Haven't gotten any emails or letters yet. The last form of notice was when they signed for delivery. We just have to bid the time!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks my friend for the reply. The origin is Iran and I think the Visa office for Iranians will be in Ankara.
What is the reason for the time processing difference? IS it because they want the spouse to be reached his/her partner in Canada sooner?
Do you have any proof for this " Outland is typically faster "?Since the address of the office for outlands moved to Sydney since July and we don't have yet updates from those who applied during past two months.
Tons of proof, go through any outland applicants timeline. Inland always tracks at 12 months consistently, outland is almost always faster than that.

Sydney isn't really that much of a factor, the bulk of the processing happens at the visa office, and that's where the processing time varies. Sydney has been slower to issue AORs but that's really just a drop in the bucket of the overall processing time.

If you applied outland your VO may be Ankara, you'd have to see how quickly they process.

If you want to apply inland you can apply for a work permit at the same time but you both must be inside Canada at the time you apply.

Reactions: Aref.P

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hey all! I will be putting in my hubbys application in any day now. Just waiting for him to send his police clearance. Hes in Jamaica. I'm hoping of course that all goes smoothly.
No dependants. Wish I knew a timeline for the wait!

Mehr20

Aug 16, 2018
Tons of proof, go through any outland applicants timeline. Inland always tracks at 12 months consistently, outland is almost always faster than that.

Sydney isn't really that much of a factor, the bulk of the processing happens at the visa office, and that's where the processing time varies. Sydney has been slower to issue AORs but that's really just a drop in the bucket of the overall processing time.

If you applied outland your VO may be Ankara, you'd have to see how quickly they process.

If you want to apply inland you can apply for a work permit at the same time but you both must be inside Canada at the time you apply.

Alright. It seems its better that we apply outland for our case. However, my spouse will join me in Canada with Visitor visa and plans to stay during the application process. Do you know in case of biometrics, medical exam and pass request etc. if we have the option to do such steps in Canada? For example, could we send her pass to somewhere in Canada instead of Turkey for example?

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hi guys,

Thanks
Two points I can tell you here:
1- I have also heard that processing time for out-lands are shorter but this is not something that CIC have proved, only our estimation from previous cases. But since before this "all cases in 12 months" era, processing time for Ankara was 8 months while inlands got to wait for 12 month. So this was we can say Ankara was (and hopefully is) faster than Mississauga.

2- if you apply through inland option, there is a good chance that she gets an open work permit vista instead of visitor and so extend her stay with you or actually find a job there. In this case you are at least together till her PR.

Mehr20

Aug 16, 2018
Two points I can tell you here:
1- I have also heard that processing time for out-lands are shorter but this is not something that CIC have proved, only our estimation from previous cases. But since before this "all cases in 12 months" era, processing time for Ankara was 8 months while inlands got to wait for 12 month. So this was we can say Ankara was (and hopefully is) faster than Mississauga.

2- if you apply through inland option, there is a good chance that she gets an open work permit vista instead of visitor and so extend her stay with you or actually find a job there. In this case you are at least together till her PR.
Thanks! :)

Sep 21, 2018
Hello All,

My (outland spousal sponsorship) application was received on 2nd of August 2018. No AOR yet. I called up IRCC today and I was informed that they are still working on the applications received on 17th July 2018. Have to wait couple of weeks more to receive any kind of response. Meanwhile, Best wishes to you all.

Thank you for calling them and informing us here on the timelines.

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Your situation is exactly similar to mine- had been in 2years long distance, got married and moved soon after to get things moving on this front. The wait is frustrating and I do hope the IRCC can come up with a better approach to this. It's interesting to note that the US has something called the 'Fiance' visa to facilitate such couples- it would make a lot of sense for Canada to do the same. I am also not sure why inland applications stayed with Mississauga- I think they should have been given outland to ensure efficient processing....at least the Inland sponsorship couples aren't separated by distance.......
That is a K1 visa (takes 8 months minimum to approve after interview at embassy), it gives the right to marry within 90 days once in the USA. Then you have to apply for AOS, which takes up to a year in a busy city, and for 6 months you have no ability to work or travel outside the USA. Trust the USA process is absolutely brutal you want no part of it. For Canada your spouse can get a PR within 6-8 months as just a fiance.

Reactions: shah87