Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2018
Med's Done....
04-09-2018
So, third set of Notes arrived today. No updates since January. AOR August 13th :(

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi Friends,

Need a genuine advice. I have an option of Australia from my present employer via work permit. After 2 yrs I can apply for PR. On the other hand, in RR for POF since November 2018 for Canada application. Can anyone suggest the basic differences between Canada and Australia. What should be the next step considering present slowing of things from IRCC side. I have lot to think like settlement, kids admission etc..

PS: Weather not a problem for any of my family member.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Friends,

Need a genuine advice. I have an option of Australia from my present employer via work permit. After 2 yrs I can apply for PR. On the other hand, in RR for POF since November 2018 for Canada application. Can anyone suggest the basic differences between Canada and Australia. What should be the next step considering present slowing of things from IRCC side. I have lot to think like settlement, kids admission etc..

I understand your predicament but you're trying to outsource your life decision. See, difference between Aus and Canada is going to be a very personal choice and you have asked for a very open ended question. If you really want to compare the two options create a list of factors most important to you and then list down pro and cons of both countries for those factors. Also, if you ask more specific questions on say Canada here and specific questions on Australia on the Australia forum you would be able to make a wise choice.

And ask yourself why did you choose Canada in first place? And why Australia looks better now. Yeah slowing things from IRCC is one factor but what about others.

PS:- I have plenty of friends and close family in both Canada and Australia. I chose Canada.

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Friends,

RR will be cleared within a very short time that i am sure. I had RR also then in May 2019 it cleared and security started. So the best thing you can do it now is to wait.
Now the comparison between Canada and Australia: I am gonna tell why i chose Canada rest depends on you.

1. I do not like hot weather like 35-45 degree and this going to be even extremely hot in the near future as you can see what is happening in Paris, Spain, Italy and other countries. Canada is cold most of the time, so once you settled down and suit yourself with cold then you are good to go.
2. Fewer people in a huge area. Canada is a massive country but the population is very very low...So you can live a quite and qualitifull life for the rest of 100 coming years as well as your descendants. You dont have to worry about your children future.
3. Less traffice& less pollution: As you may be known about the fresh air of canada. If i comopare with my native country then Candaian air is heavenly for me.
4. Free Healthcare: As you already know about that but still it is the one of the best healthcare option for anybody.
5.For your child: Child care benefits for each children will be annually 6400 CAD upto 18 years of age. Offcoure there is a income barrier but it's not a big issue..
6. School: Your child can get free education up to higher Secondary, all cost will be carried by Govt. After that, you just have to pay university, diploma etc fees but you still can get a student loan without any interest.
7.Quality of life: Definetly one of the best quality lifestyle you can have in Canada even if you can not earn so much money.
8. Canada is a super eycatching, breathtaking and beautifull country....why dont i chose Canada to live??
9. After 3 years you could get Canadian Citigenship which is remarkable.
Again it is your choiseto make...those all are my point of view.

Thanks.

Reactions: SonaCanada

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
RR will be cleared within a very short time that i am sure. I had RR also then in May 2019 it cleared and security started. So the best thing you can do it now is to wait.
Now the comparison between Canada and Australia: I am gonna tell why i chose Canada rest depends on you.

1. I do not like hot weather like 35-45 degree and this going to be even extremely hot in the near future as you can see what is happening in Paris, Spain, Italy and other countries. Canada is cold most of the time, so once you settled down and suit yourself with cold then you are good to go.
2. Fewer people in a huge area. Canada is a massive country but the population is very very low...So you can live a quite and qualitifull life for the rest of 100 coming years as well as your descendants. You dont have to worry about your children future.
3. Less traffice& less pollution: As you may be known about the fresh air of canada. If i comopare with my native country then Candaian air is heavenly for me.
4. Free Healthcare: As you already know about that but still it is the one of the best healthcare option for anybody.
5.For your child: Child care benefits for each children will be annually 6400 CAD upto 18 years of age. Offcoure there is a income barrier but it's not a big issue..
6. School: Your child can get free education up to higher Secondary, all cost will be carried by Govt. After that, you just have to pay university, diploma etc fees but you still can get a student loan without any interest.
7.Quality of life: Definetly one of the best quality lifestyle you can have in Canada even if you can not earn so much money.
8. Canada is a super eycatching, breathtaking and beautifull country....why dont i chose Canada to live??
9. After 3 years you could get Canadian Citigenship which is remarkable.
Again it is your choiseto make...those all are my point of view.

Thanks.
That is such a naive view and analysis of Canada. The cold weather you are talking about is not cold weather its extremely cold weather and snow storms. I live in Cincinnati, USA which is 6 hours drive from the Canadian border and I can confirm that it's not easy to tackle temperatures up to -20 F, not C, in Cincinnati; Canada is much worse. Driving in winter is very dangerous. On top of that, when you will land in Canada, you will need driving history to get good insurance rate. The car insurance in Canada can cost up to 400$ per month which is insane. and if you cause a wreck it will further go up. The worst part is that life gets extremely depressing due to extreme cold, no sun, and no greenry whatsoever and that too for the length of 8 months.

In my opinion, if you consider the weather, Australia is far better. Canada's eastern part is pretty much all snow for 8 months. Snow starts around October and it snows till the end of May. USA has every kind of weather so you can live here easily and all of that is compensated by good paying jobs. In Canada its all winter even in the Vancouver area. If I were to choose, I would choose Australia over Canada because salaries and quality of life are similar in both countries. Both are well-developed countries with similar population and economy. Both countries give citizenship in the same amount of time as well.

If anyone has option to go to Australia vs Canada should choose Australia unless there is a very specific reason so choose Canada.

Mobilmind

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
That is such a naive view and analysis of Canada. The cold weather you are talking about is not cold weather its extremely cold weather and snow storms. I live in Cincinnati, USA which is 6 hours drive from the Canadian border and I can confirm that it's not easy to tackle temperatures up to -20 F, not C, in Cincinnati; Canada is much worse. Driving in winter is very dangerous. On top of that, when you will land in Canada, you will need driving history to get good insurance rate. The car insurance in Canada can cost up to 400$ per month which is insane. and if you cause a wreck it will further go up. The worst part is that life gets extremely depressing due to extreme cold, no sun, and no greenry whatsoever and that too for the length of 8 months.

In my opinion, if you consider the weather, Australia is far better. Canada's eastern part is pretty much all snow for 8 months. Snow starts around October and it snows till the end of May. USA has every kind of weather so you can live here easily and all of that is compensated by good paying jobs. In Canada its all winter even in the Vancouver area. If I were to choose, I would choose Australia over Canada because salaries and quality of life are similar in both countries. Both are well-developed countries with similar population and economy. Both countries give citizenship in the same amount of time as well.

If anyone has option to go to Australia vs Canada should choose Australia unless there is a very specific reason so choose Canada.
Now don't freak out because of the cold weather in Canada. People live and survive their too. Besides there are a bunch of brands who make clothes for people to protect them from the cold weather, e.g. Jack Wolf skin, Canada Goose. If you want 40-45 degree heat, then Australia is good, also USA west coast, New Zealand.

Reactions: SRayhan87

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Now don't freak out because of the cold weather in Canada. People live and survive their too. Besides there are a bunch of brands who make clothes for people to protect them from the cold weather, e.g. Jack Wolf skin, Canada Goose. If you want 40-45 degree heat, then Australia is good, also USA west coast, New Zealand.
Yup, despite all that its very liveable. Far far better than any third world country. But when you compare it to Australia then its better to go to Australia. One thing I would say is that if your profession qualifies for TN-1 visa then choose Canada coz then you can move to USA once you become a Canadian citizen.

Also check out these links:
https://www.quora.com/Which-is-a-better-country-to-live-in-Australia-or-Canada

USA TN1 Visa:
uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/tn-nafta-professionals

Reactions: janepham

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018

Yup, despite all that its very liveable. Far far better than any third world country. But when you compare it to Australia then its better to go to Australia. One thing I would say is that if your profession qualifies for TN-1 visa then choose Canada coz then you can move to USA once you become a Canadian citizen.

Also check out these links:
https://www.quora.com/Which-is-a-better-country-to-live-in-Australia-or-Canada

USA TN1 Visa:
uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/tn-nafta-professionals
It seems you do not like Canada so much, but one thinks i do not understand: If Australia is better than Canada on the basis of cold and hot then why did you apply for Canadian PR!!!!!!!
My point of view is we have to think positive about Canada that does not mean we don't know how cold this place is. Whoever decided to move to Canada they are very much aware of the cold weather. My perception is: better be cold but not fry under 40-45 degree blistering hot.