Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Hi Folks after a painful wait, got my PPR on 19th Feb. My lawfirm just sent the email today. AOR -Aug 1 2018. And Background check started on Nov 22 2018. Since my law firm handled the case I had no access to my application. I ordered GCMS on Jan 31 2019 at the end of my 6th month mark. Thank you for all the information and support. Wish you all success soon...
Congratulations

Reactions: aarty

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi Folks after a painful wait, got my PPR on 19th Feb. My lawfirm just sent the email today. AOR -Aug 1 2018. And Background check started on Nov 22 2018. Since my law firm handled the case I had no access to my application. I ordered GCMS on Jan 31 2019 at the end of my 6th month mark. Thank you for all the information and support. Wish you all success soon...
Congratulations.. from your GCMS notes.. do you know if your eligibility was MET?

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone.. I am a US based applicant, my AOR is 24 Aug 2018, Since med passed no update in the account. My visa office is Montreal. I shall be completing 6 months in 4 days. Upon calling CIC , i got to know that my eligibility still under review. Any insights on this? Is there any email id we can contact the montreal visa office?

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Hi Guys, would appreciate any help on this...

My AOR is august 3rd 2018, CEC-inland. Its now past 6 months. I have been calling agents regularly but they refuse to give me specific information on eligbility. All they keep saying that it is in process and that my background check is in process as well. They say not to worry as it is normal that it goes over 6 months and that doesnt mean anything is wrong. I see here that a lot of people seem to get specific info (met, recommended pass, review required) on their eligbility from call centre agents. I am wondering if this is normal that they are not giving me more specific info?

Thank you!

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everyone.. I am a US based applicant, my AOR is 24 Aug 2018, Since med passed no update in the account. My visa office is Montreal. I shall be completing 6 months in 4 days. Upon calling CIC , i got to know that my eligibility still under review. Any insights on this? Is there any email id we can contact the montreal visa office?
I would say open CGMS notes because you still need to worried about exact reason for eligibility under review. The eligibility shouldn't take this long unless there is a mismatch in job duties or something else. I am in same situation and I crossed my 6 month mark yesterday with eligibility under review.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinaaah

ba24123n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello guys, my AOR is 27-Aug-2018 and I passed my Medicals on 21-Sep-2018. Unfortunately, there has not been any update afterwards and I will be completing my 6-month mark in a week. I tried calling CIC at +1613-944-4000 to enquire the status but the Interactive Voice Response told me that "the calling service is not available from your country". I currently live in Hyderabad(India) and using an international calling service to call the above number. Please suggest if there is any alternate number to reach CIC from India.

Thanks !!

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys, my AOR is 27-Aug-2018 and I passed my Medicals on 21-Sep-2018. Unfortunately, there has not been any update afterwards and I will be completing my 6-month mark in a week. I tried calling CIC at +1613-944-4000 to enquire the status but the Interactive Voice Response told me that "the calling service is not available from your country". I currently live in Hyderabad(India) and using an international calling service to call the above number. Please suggest if there is any alternate number to reach CIC from India.

Thanks !!
Use Google hangouts and then it is free to call (with internet)

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Guys, would appreciate any help on this...

My AOR is august 3rd 2018, CEC-inland. Its now past 6 months. I have been calling agents regularly but they refuse to give me specific information on eligbility. All they keep saying that it is in process and that my background check is in process as well. They say not to worry as it is normal that it goes over 6 months and that doesnt mean anything is wrong. I see here that a lot of people seem to get specific info (met, recommended pass, review required) on their eligbility from call centre agents. I am wondering if this is normal that they are not giving me more specific info?

Thank you!
Not all call agents give specific info. You should order GCMS notes if you haven't and if you know your VO you should try sending them an email.

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Congratulations...my BGC begin in 22Nov too...even though AOR is 22Aug...since 22Dec mine eligibility and criminality is also passed...let’s hope mine security will also begin soon and end soon on a good note thereby accomplishing PPR email

Reactions: gau55555 and aarty

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Ok, that's a good idea. I just need to know when everyone who's interested in coming will be arriving in Toronto.
So guys and gals, provide me with your dates and I will make a list.
Then there will be a date, time and place for our gathering.
I’m going to Toronto but in May. ☺

Reactions: EE456

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Looks like once you're over the 6 months period, you are not a first priority applicant. I see many PPR's for September folks and I'm happy for them. But IRCC ought to first treat may, june, july, august applicants as a priority. I really wish if they could be more transparent about applications processing.

I even heard someone with a January Aor received his PPRo_O . Even worse, that IRCC doesnt give a timeframe for such delayed applications even one call agent told me few days ago that it may extend up to months haha.:D sure, why not live in a limbo for few months :confused:

Guess iI'l sleep on it and log off.

Reactions: gau55555

Halameh

Mar 3, 2017
Hi all,
I received AORs for my wife, my son and myself on Feb 05, but for some reason they sent me another AOR for my wife dated Feb 20 which is similar to the one I received on Feb 05 but with a "Group No" added on the top right under "Application No".

Do you guys know why am I receiving two AORs for the same person? and what is the Group No?

anirudy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi Guys! Need some help understanding this.
My AOR is Aug 3rd. Indian applying from India.
I moved to "We are processing your background check" on Nov 21.

I raised a webform around Jan 31 2019 and got the below response -
  • The responsible office decided that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.
I assumed that meant that I've met the eligibility requirements.

I raised another webform yesterday and woke up to this response -
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • Your application is located at the Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
This seems to suggest that my eligibility is still being reviewed.

I have already ordered GCMS notes which should arrive early March.

Can someone clarify?

Last edited:
Reactions: snowball2018