Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hi Guys! Need some help understanding this.
My AOR is Aug 3rd. Indian applying from India.
I moved to "We are processing your background check" on Nov 21.

I raised a webform around Jan 31 2019 and got the below response -
  • The responsible office decided that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.
I assumed that meant that I've met the eligibility requirements.

I raised another webform yesterday and woke up to this response -
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • Your application is located at the Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
This seems to suggest that my eligibility is still being reviewed.

I have already ordered GCMS notes which should arrive early March.

Can someone clarify?
Hi, they are all generic responses. But from the 1st one, I think we can assume your eligibility is met. It's now a matter of time.

Reactions: Tinaaah

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018

• The responsible office decided that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

Can someone clarify?
Hi, I also got the same reply upon sending email to Ottawa. I guess they just simply copy and paste the reply for those who have exceeded 6 months. I am so frustrated.

Reactions: anirudy

Pks1988

Sep 1, 2018
Sometimes I feel that the verification data acquired by the CIC or the third party agencies for the august applicants might have got corrupted/lost and this may be the reason that they might be doing it all again and delaying things for us. !!

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Any idea by how long is CPC Ottawa pushing the processing time of 6 months?
It depends upon the status of the file.

Below are the probabilities for files crossing 6 months span.

If eligibility is met, they assign a date on which they make a decision.

If the file is on review required, it can take couple of months more.

If the file is on security screening, then give it time like around 12-14 months.

If the file hasn't been touched after medicals passed, then the pace of completion is unpredictable as a decision can be immediate or pushed ahead again by few months.

Last edited:

charlene007

Jan 30, 2019
Hello everyone.

AOR - 20th Aug 2018
FSW (Nigeria)
1 day left

Just some update that i think might be relevant. I finally got through to an agent yesterday (9 minutes on the queue :)) and asked couple of questions.

Eligibility = Passed

After i submitted my second ADR: Background check went from 'We are processing your background check' to 'we will notify you when we start your background check'. I asked the agent why the status reverted. She said because i submitted biometrics, there was a separate background check for that apparently. It reverted after it was completed. Quite confusing. She also said because there were multiple ADRs, my processing timeline will increase.

She said my background check has not started. I asked how long it would take to commence and finalise background check, she said she's not sure but could take from now till summer (she mentioned June)

I asked which visa office is processing my application. She said Ottawa. I thanked her and ended the call.

5 hours later, i decided to log into my account. Status was showing there was an update. I saw that my background check has commenced. See status below.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bottomline: Calling them kickstarted something so I am hopeful.
And i was right!! it's PPR!! I checked my email 30 minutes ago and saw a notification saying there is a new message in my CIC account. I checked and saw Information Letter. Opened it up, a 4 page letter. The letter is dated 20th February 2019 (AOR is 20th August 2018). See some details from the letter below.

"YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING."

Then there were specifications for passport(s) and photographs

PASSPORT(S)
As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC.
Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the
“Passport Transmission Services” section.

**** PLEASE NOTE:
Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

I thought it was going to be 30 days to submit the passport. I don't care either way. The 4th page is a Height and Eye Colour Chart. There is some stuff about pre arrival services.

PLANNING AHEAD – PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES
As you have now received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licenses/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.

This has been the most exciting morning i've ever had!!! Right on the 6th month mark. Please don't lose hope, when it happens, the wait will be worth it. Thank you all for the encouragement.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
It depends upon the status of the file.

Below are the probabilities for files crossing 6 months span.

If eligibility is met, they assign a date on which they make a decision.

If the file is on review required, it can take couple of months more.

If the file is on security screening, then give it time like around 12-14 months.

If the file hasn't been touched after medicals passed, then the pace of completion is unpredictable as a decision can be immediately or pushed ahead again by few months.

Hi man, how are you? This wait is crazy, we are almost 3 weeks overdue from the 6-month timeline but there's still nothing.

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
And i was right!! it's PPR!! I checked my email 30 minutes ago and saw a notification saying there is a new message in my CIC account. I checked and saw Information Letter. Opened it up, a 4 page letter. The letter is dated 20th February 2019 (AOR is 20th August 2018). See some details from the letter below.

"YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING."

Then there were specifications for passport(s) and photographs

PASSPORT(S)
As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC.
Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the
“Passport Transmission Services” section.

**** PLEASE NOTE:
Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

I thought it was going to be 30 days to submit the passport. I don't care either way. The 4th page is a Height and Eye Colour Chart. There is some stuff about pre arrival services.

PLANNING AHEAD – PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES
As you have now received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licenses/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.

This has been the most exciting morning i've ever had!!! Right on the 6th month mark. Please don't lose hope, when it happens, the wait will be worth it. Thank you all for the encouragement.
Congratulations ! The wait is over

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Folks after a painful wait, got my PPR on 19th Feb. My lawfirm just sent the email today. AOR -Aug 1 2018. And Background check started on Nov 22 2018. Since my law firm handled the case I had no access to my application. I ordered GCMS on Jan 31 2019 at the end of my 6th month mark. Thank you for all the information and support. Wish you all success soon...
Congratulations aarty.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018

Can someone clarify?
Seems they have changed the way they reply to webforms and for good. They have clearly indicated on the current status and have given you he info in a more structured way.The firs response, says that your eligibility is Met, not Pass (this is done by analysts)
While in the second email they are indicating towards a final review that happens at an officer level who will finally pass it. In all probability, your application may move swiftly after the eligibility was passed.

Reactions: anirudy