Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hey, @cadgijoe - my mind is a total mush from all the scrolling, "strategizing" and worrying, so please bear with me - I'm about to order the notes (from getgcms) for the first time (being in 5th month of FSW inland processing and having some 40 days till 180-day mark), so I would like to confirm that I've gotten it right:
if I order the CBSA notes I should get all the info I would usually get with GCMS notes plus the CBSA notes that concern the security check?
Hi, that's correct.

Reactions: kruhiputar

sk1983

Oct 23, 2018
Hi

Need urgent suggestion, please help

I got my copr documenta today with city of destination mentioned as calgary. I have booked my flights for montreal for this sunday... my question is can i enter montreal for the first time and complete my landing formalities there. I have chosen montreal as my relatives stays here. Please help

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi

Need urgent suggestion, please help

I got my copr documenta today with city of destination mentioned as calgary. I have booked my flights for montreal for this sunday... my question is can i enter montreal for the first time and complete my landing formalities there. I have chosen montreal as my relatives stays here. Please help
You have to cancel or change your tickets. You cannot land in Montreal, the only place where you can't land unless you have the CSQ.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You have to cancel or change your tickets. You cannot land in Montreal, the only place where you can't land unless you have the CSQ.
That's not true.
Not entirely true however in the case described by OP I guess @EE456 may be correct. People can do landing formalities in Quebec but in most cases people are transiting through Quebec so it is easy to prove that the person has no intent of settling in Quebec. I'm not sure how else one can prove that he/she doesn't intend to stay in Quebec.

To the OP check this link
https://www.canadavisa.com/landing-in-canada-as-a-permanent-resident-faq.html

Question 4.

Generally, the holder of a Canada Immigration Visa may enter Canada at any port of entry without difficulty. However, if you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.

Reactions: cadgijoe

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Not entirely true however in the case described by OP I guess @EE456 may be correct. People can do landing formalities in Quebec but in most cases people are transiting through Quebec so it is easy to prove that the person has no intent of settling in Quebec. I'm not sure how else one can prove that he/she doesn't intend to stay in Quebec.

To the OP check this link
https://www.canadavisa.com/landing-in-canada-as-a-permanent-resident-faq.html

Question 4.

Generally, the holder of a Canada Immigration Visa may enter Canada at any port of entry without difficulty. However, if you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.
@sk1983 @cansha is right.
I know a few people who landed in Montreal without any issues.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hi,
Tried calling last month, I was told that bg check is in progress. No other information was given to me.
Hey,
Try calling them again, it’s okay if u call.. since u called them last month.. ask specifically about Criminality, Eligibility, Security status.

Also order the notes..

ItsTanzila

Oct 2, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have completed my 6 months mark on Feb. 9; are there applicants who have crossed 6 month mark and still waiting for decision?
What should we do to know about our application's decision?
I have completed Sox months mark on 1 st Feb... And have provided medical second time. Have you got anything from cic?