Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 30th. 2018
AOR - Aug 30th
MEP - Sept 26th
Straight to IP 2 - Sept 26th
No updates, since then..Waiting for the golden email :)
Hopefully soon!

deanbentleyfalcke

Feb 18, 2018
Johannesburg, South Africa
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
For those (like me) who are waiting, based on the Immitracker stats, there has been quite a shift in the last 7 days on cases with PPR. We've gone from 40% to 52% for August AORs - which is a proper jump. Based on their stats of profiles, we should see another 20% of August AORs approved in Feb. The 120-day averages are long gone, and I think its now 6-7 months approval time.

July's AORs are on 68% approved, and June is on 79% and May on 88%. So they're getting to apps...but just with a much longer timeline. I think its the slower security checks because of that publicity issue that happened in Jan that's also affecting all applications (not to mention the polar vortex).

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
We are on exactly the same timeline. I contacted IRCC through a web form and this was their response:

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.
Hi, what’s your AOR? Did you try ordering gcms notes yet?

hadi.abd9

Jul 30, 2017
AOR 7th Aug (inland) CEC
29th ADR
6th ADR uploaded

Status update
Medical passed
Reviewing the eligibility
Background check in process,

No Ghost updates what so ever

Jeet2019

Jan 8, 2019
extremely frustrating indeed.. i spoke to an agent last night.. same story.. eligibility met on oct 1, and criminality met on nov 23.. and security not started.. file doesn't have any red flags.. when asked why security not happened.. he said we r busy..

btw.. does everyone with aor august 23 have eligibility met? (or do some have recommended passed as well)
What?? Still not started? I was going to call in today but I will hold then. I guess I will hear the same thing.

deanbentleyfalcke

Feb 18, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi, what do you mean by that publicity issue ? thanks.
This drama that happened:

"A person of "national security concern" was granted permanent residency "due to a series of failures" by the Canadian border agency and immigration department."

I believe its likely to have slowed down everyone still needing the security screening (so basically all of us in IP2 awaiting PPR)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cbsa-permanent-residency-error-1.4978765
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tories-ask-for-investigation-immigration-1.4981269

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018

"A person of "national security concern" was granted permanent residency "due to a series of failures" by the Canadian border agency and immigration department."

I believe its likely to have slowed down everyone still needing the security screening (so basically all of us in IP2 awaiting PPR)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tories-ask-for-investigation-immigration-1.4981269
I think so too... There was news of some process changes also being made..which will definitely impact the time lines.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019

The real question is was that guy sent to security screening or not, if not then that is the mistake to begin with and we don't expect that much change for applications under SS, that's my opinion.

NeeruIndia

Dec 19, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
8june 2018
AOR Received.
13-08-2018
Passport Req..
5feb 2019
VISA ISSUED...
7 Feb 2019
It goes the same for AOR 3 Aug, 1 Aug, 2 Aug, 4,5,6, 10, even 25 until 31 Aug all have got PPR! All but 3 AOR. I think they just hate the number 3!
Mine is AOR 13 August
Not even ghost update after ADR submitted 25 October
God knows when that email will come

anirudy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
So I raised a CSE and got this reply. Seems to be a generic reply. But I know my VO. It also states that my background verification is not in process yet. Can someone shed some light?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on August 3, 2018 and it is currently at the case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

• The responsible office decided that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times.

deanbentleyfalcke

Feb 18, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
The real question is was that guy sent to security screening or not, if not then that is the mistake to begin with and we don't expect that much change for applications under SS, that's my opinion.
My thoughts, having followed much of the responses people in this forum have got from IRCC, is that the department is stretched, desperately trying to meet the targets of invites while trying to vet almost 200 000 people a year under constrained resources but still doing a quality job. Therefore, I think it's going to happen that people slip through the cracks, and no matter what the details are around this case, I'm sure every case officer who signs off on the security portion of our applications has been told to double their caution, at least for the next month, so there isn't another public relations disaster for IRCC.

However, it has been positive to see the volume of PPR emails that people were reporting over the last few days, so maybe the pressure to meet the 6-month deadline (now that they have this progress bar that draws attention to it) exceeds the pressure for caution in security screening.

I just think that if they exposed their case notes in our application centre, while putting the GCMS notes companies out of business, would greatly reduce the amount of stress and possibly drop their call centre requirements to a fraction as we wouldn't be harassing them all the time and only when it was important. My 2c worth...

Reactions: coolsup and Dannny

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
@tobs I would really appreciate your input on the same. My AOR is 3rd Aug, Outland USA, Indian Citizen. Score 441 with IELTS, Masters and skilled work experience in USA for 8 Years. I forgot to attach my Job duties with my application when I submitted intially but in December I attached the same through web form enquiry. I am still in IP1. I raised Qery via web form and here is the response-
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.