+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Looks like they've not attended to your additional documents yet. Order GCMS notes let's see if the documents you sent have been received and looked at.
I called them couple of weeks ago and they acknowledged that they have received. What can be the possible outcomes here, according to you?? I mean my case is is pretty much clear I am in IT on skilled worker visa from last 8 years in USA with over all experience of 12 years and currently holding designation of Senior Manager in IT.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I called them couple of weeks ago and they acknowledged that they have received. What can be the possible outcomes here, according to you?? I mean my case is is pretty much clear I am in IT on skilled worker visa from last 8 years in USA with over all experience of 12 years and currently holding designation of Senior Manager in IT.
Iys a good thing that it's been received..
Imo, there's no issue. we all know that processing times are slower these days and that translates to the fact that they've not gotten back to the additional documents you sent and passed your eligibilty. There's nothing you can do at this point than to wait and hope that someone looks into your application asap.

Reactions: Slick007

Bhavyakerney

Oct 18, 2018
Seniors - quick question

I'm confused regarding POF that i need to carry when landing in Canada. Can I use the same documents that i used while applying for PR? Ofcourse, I'll update all documents closest to the date of arrival in Canada.

I'm asking this cuz for pof i showed FDs in (joint account with my parents) along with the gift deed and a letter from the bank. Do i have to carry a bank statement as well? Since it's a FD, bank won't issue me an account statement.

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi,

My AOR date is august 11th. When i called the agent yesterday said that my eligibility and criminality has passed and they are working on security. However i have not recieved a request for biometrics and it still says we do not need your boimetrics. Is this normal?
My profile still says we do not need your biometrics.
It depends on the Country - like applicants from India didn't need to submit biometrics till very recently. I don't think any August AOR applicant from India would have received a request for biometric before Security

Reactions: gauravmlal

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Just called CIC and figured out that my file is approved. :p:p:p:p:p So, ghost update really works :rolleyes:
My VO is Warsaw, so agent told me I should wait for further steps from them.
Hands are shaking. Mixture of nerves and joy and excitement. And waiting for PPR email from Warsaw.

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
BTW I've read here that agents can't see application status if file is processed outside Canada. Perhaps, when application is finalized they can.

samius

Jun 6, 2018
Hi guys, sorry if my question has been answered before but I am a bit confused.

I want to call CIC to know if my eligibility is met. I reside in Asia so I'm not sure what number to contact as I have seen different numbers here. (aor 21st august)

Also, since I applied through an agent, I only know my UCI and application number. Is that enough or does the agent ask for further clarification on the phone? (also what time in Canada should I call them?)

thanks.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hi guys, sorry if my question has been answered before but I am a bit confused.

I want to call CIC to know if my eligibility is met. I reside in Asia so I'm not sure what number to contact as I have seen different numbers here. (aor 21st august)

Also, since I applied through an agent, I only know my UCI and application number. Is that enough or does the agent ask for further clarification on the phone? (also what time in Canada should I call them?)

thanks.
+1 6139444000

1-1-1
1-1-2-2
Enter Application No.
Enter Year of Birth
1-0

You have to know about your personal details, address, DOB, name and surname.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Just called CIC and figured out that my file is approved. :p:p:p:p:p So, ghost update really works :rolleyes:
My VO is Warsaw, so agent told me I should wait for further steps from them.
Hands are shaking. Mixture of nerves and joy and excitement. And waiting for PPR email from Warsaw.
Congrats Cedarleaf! How long did it take before you got across to an agent?

Reactions: mkapoor0069

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Just found out through CIC agent that my eligibility is passed and background verification is in process. She was nice but didn't want to say much. She said I should call back when I complete 6 months if I don't see any update on my online profile. I wonder why it takes so long for background checks to be done.

Reactions: aNewLife

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
I’m finishing 6months on Monday :(
Security still not started. Is there anything else I can do, apart from “waiting”

Really sad and anxious