+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Just found out through CIC agent that my eligibility is passed and background verification is in process. She was nice but didn't want to say much. She said I should call back when I complete 6 months if I don't see any update on my online profile. I wonder why it takes so long for background checks to be done.
Timeline stream and nationality plz?

kushthapar1989

Jan 29, 2019
Hello friends,

Are there folks who are "FSW-Outland, AOR Aug. '18, Meds passed Sept. , RPRF paid Oct., Indian" - and still did not get PPRs ?

If yes, do you have any update on the current status of your application processing like - criminality / security check started or not etc. ?

Thanks friends
Aor and meds same
IP1 since beginning

Cic agent said eligibility met but criminality and security not started

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Congrats Cedarleaf! How long did it take before you got across to an agent?
Tried about 6 times in the beginning of their working day, without success. Then dialed at noon (Ottawa time), and got to the queue immediately, waiting time was 23 minutes. Lady was very polite and didn't mind to help me with my status.

anirudy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
So I raised a CSE and got this reply. Seems to be a generic reply. But I know my VO. It also states that my background verification is not in process yet. Can someone shed some light?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on August 3, 2018 and it is currently at the case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

• The responsible office decided that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times.
Does this mean that my eligibility is met?

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Tried about 6 times in the beginning of their working day, without success. Then dialed at noon (Ottawa time), and got to the queue immediately, waiting time was 23 minutes. Lady was very polite and didn't mind to help me with my status.
That's great! I also got thru but am still waiting as background check are still in process.....