+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I've called them thrice since my AOR and I've always used google hangouts. You need a hell lot of patience though. You may not reach them at the first go.
Heres how I reached them,
+1 6139444000

1-1-1
1-1-2-2
Enter Application No.
Enter Year of Birth
1-0
Once the IVR says that "We cannot connect you to an agent at this time." then we need to try again, right? For me after this, the call is not being disconnected, so I got a little confused, whether I need to keep hanging on or shall I hang up and try again!

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Once the IVR says that "We cannot connect you to an agent at this time." then we need to try again, right? For me after this, the call is not being disconnected, so I got a little confused, whether I need to keep hanging on or shall I hang up and try again!
Yes. Hang up and try again after 1 or 2 hours

Last edited:

Canvin

Nov 2, 2018
It's a very straightforward application. Once you answer the question on CIC website to check your eligibility, they will give you a list of documents you need to submit based on your case and your answers. There are a few helpful videos on youtube that help in answering these questions for BOWP. My boyfriend was asked to submit:
The form - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
Passport copy (all pages with information or stamps)
Proof of medical upfront exam (that we had to do for our PR)
And under "Client Information" option we submitted our AOR - it is very important that you submit this letter from CIC confirming that you have submitted your PR application. I think it showed under "optional documents"
Thank you.

singhabhineet

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02/08/2018
Med's Done....
14 Jun 2018
I don't see the point of calling CIC up since the agents don't really have access to all the information or even if they do, they can't really reveal what's exactly going on. Also, if you have noticed, they give the exact same 'detail' which is already mentioned mycic account.
Also, I would like to reiterate, IP terminology is rather useless. IP or In Progress 1 & 2. What does it even mean? It's Lodgement--Eligibility--Verification of claims--Criminality--PPR

Reactions: Aarti123

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I don't see the point of calling CIC up since the agents don't really have access to all the information or even if they do, they can't really reveal what's exactly going on. Also, if you have noticed, they give the exact same 'detail' which is already mentioned mycic account.
Also, I would like to reiterate, IP terminology is rather useless. IP or In Progress 1 & 2. What does it even mean? It's Lodgement--Eligibility--Verification of claims--Criminality--PPR
Calling CIC at early stages of the application could only help you know your local VO, current final statuses for eligibility, security, and criminality. If one needs to know in-depth details of individual statuses then GCMS notes could help.
I agree with your point on IP terminology is futile as it implies nothing at all. I think 'Security' is a major milestone of the process too to be included in your suggested process.

Reactions: singhabhineet

singhabhineet

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02/08/2018
Med's Done....
14 Jun 2018
Calling CIC at early stages of the application could only help you know your local VO, current final statuses for eligibility, security, and criminality. If one needs to know in-depth details of individual statuses then GCMS notes could help.
I agree with your point on IP terminology is futile as it implies nothing at all. I think 'Security' is a major milestone of the process too to be included in your suggested process.
Apologies for missing out on that. Security is extremely important and usually comes after criminality check.

I reckon that knowing ones VO doesn't really make a difference.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Apologies for missing out on that. Security is extremely important and usually comes after criminality check.

I reckon that knowing ones VO doesn't really make a difference.
Agreed! However, when I found out my VO is Montreal and hadn't heard of it before, I searched through the forum and figured that the Montreal VO takes 6 months of processing time for almost everyone. Knowing this fact alone has helped relieved my nerves and refrained from checking cic account every day. Therefore my take on knowing the local VO is if you're anxious about the process of your application, do know your VO.

Last edited:

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Agreed! However, when I found out my VO is Montreal and hadn't heard of it before, I searched through the forum and figured that the Montreal VO takes 6 months of processing time for almost everyone. Knowing this fact alone has helped relieved my nerves and refrained from checking cic account every day. Therefore my take on knowing the local VO is if you're anxious about the process of your application, do know your VO.
Are you applying from USA?

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Single.

I have a number of batchmates who just moved there. I will start contacting them once I get the PPR.

I am looking at the job profiles that I want to apply, so if there is something I could add to my resume, I have time to do it.
Going through landing experiences of people,etc.

What about you?
I'm lucky enough to transfer with my current company. They have a few offices in Canada. So my main concern is accommodation. I saw that it can be quite difficult to find a proper place to stay that is affordable in Toronto.

We will AirBnB for a month while we look for a more permanent solution. But I think you need to be there for that. Very hard to assess a place over the internet.
Same here. Transferring to my current company’s Toronto office. Already traveled there before on multiple shorter visits. So I’m familiar with the city.

Company provides accommodation in their corporate apartment for 2 weeks. Meanwhile, will have to find something. If I don’t get anything within that time frame, I plan to just use AirBnB or stay with friends. I do have a few friends in and around Toronto.

Reactions: Sunshine41

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Do we have a count of how many applicants who applied into August got the PPR?,
My AOR was Aug 2. I got the PPR this week. So took about 3 months. FSW-O applying from the US.

Never saw any status updates beyond MEP. The profile reflected only MEP and “We will let you know when we start your background check” till the very end. The lawyer straightaway got the PPR request. GPF and RPRF was paid upfront.

elektrikuser

Jul 15, 2018
day 90 .. they are still reviewing the additional documents I provided..
AOR - aug 2
MEP - aug 24
ADR requested/provided OCT 5th .