+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hi. If you do not want to bother your lawyer every now and then for your status, you can try this. My colleague whose PPR has still not been received just tried this like 10 minutes ago and it worked.

1) Call the +1 6139444000 number if you are outside Canada (this won't work through your phone. We tried dialing from the US but it didn't work. We then tried dialing via the Skype-to-phone service and it worked).
2) You don't need to wait for hours or anything. There's an automated IVR option. Just follow the instructions and you'll hear an automated status over the phone in exactly the same sequence as it appears on your online status.
3) They will only ask for your application number and your year of birth - enter that via keypad.

This is easy...takes only about 5-6 minutes after going through the various options that you need to select via your keypad and you can do it whenever you like without bothering your attorney all the time.
Thank you for the guidance. I've received an email from my lawyer at 11:30PM (Toronto Time), just 2 and a half ago that he has received approval for my Bridging Open Work Permit.
Just wanted to clarify, not sure if you saw it in my signature im CEC-Inland. I will be calling them in the morning but not the number you have specified to learn about what stage my profile is and what my office is.
Since my lawyer contacted me, i had the opportunity to ask about my PR profile status so that came in handy.
Thank you again for the guidance and help.

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hi mindblowz,

Not yet...we're on the 65th day. Any luck with yours? CIC website says current processing time for BOWP (online applications) is 66 days. Do let me know if you received any update for yours? Thanks!
I have received my Bridging Open Work Permit on 30/October/2018. I have received my email close to midnight from my lawyer.

For people wondering what to expect, It is a very simple letter that states, Date, your UCI, Your application number that starts with "W" and your name, adress. Then you get this paragraph:

Lastly the document states the type of visa, validity dates and the document number.

" Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC. "

Hope this helps to people who are waiting for it

louardjoe

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2018
AOR Received.
31-08-2018
Med's Done....
30-09-2018
Hello, it was MEP -> IP1 -> IP2 but that was extremely fast. Here are the dates I noticed:

MEP -> Aug 17, 2018
IP1 -> Aug 20, 2018
IP2 -> Aug 28, 2018
Seems there is a pattern where the longer you are in 1 the faster 2 seems to be ...spexulation probably

adi90

May 7, 2018
Hi All,

FSW Outland Application,
Nationality - Indian,
Country Of Residence - Netherlands

My Timeline -
AOR - August 17th 2018
Med passed - September 7th 2018
IP1 - September 8th 2018
IP2 - October 31st 2018

Keeping my Fingers crossed for PPR mail :)

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

FSW Outland Application,
Nationality - Indian,
Country Of Residence - Netherlands

My Timeline -
AOR - August 17th 2018
Med passed - September 7th 2018
IP1 - September 8th 2018
IP2 - October 31st 2018

Keeping my Fingers crossed for PPR mail :)
What changed on ur profile for you to claim IP2?

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hi. If you do not want to bother your lawyer every now and then for your status, you can try this. My colleague whose PPR has still not been received just tried this like 10 minutes ago and it worked.

1) Call the +1 6139444000 number if you are outside Canada (this won't work through your phone. We tried dialing from the US but it didn't work. We then tried dialing via the Skype-to-phone service and it worked).
2) You don't need to wait for hours or anything. There's an automated IVR option. Just follow the instructions and you'll hear an automated status over the phone in exactly the same sequence as it appears on your online status.
3) They will only ask for your application number and your year of birth - enter that via keypad.

This is easy...takes only about 5-6 minutes after going through the various options that you need to select via your keypad and you can do it whenever you like without bothering your attorney all the time.
What purpose would it serve if we are gonna hear the same status as on cic portal? am i missing anything?

Reactions: Aarti123 and JJ_87

adi90

May 7, 2018
What changed on ur profile for you to claim IP2?
Background check now says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

At least till yesterday it said : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I didn't get any mails about it. Just saw the change on the portal.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Background check now says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

At least till yesterday it said : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I didn't get any mails about it. Just saw the change on the portal.
Ok.

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
What do ghost updates really mean? I checked my profile 24 hours ago and It showed application/profile updated but nothing changed as far as status. Checked this morning and nothing has changed.

I’m in IP2 status since September 9th. AOR August 19. CEC stream residing in Canada.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
What do ghost updates really mean? I checked my profile 24 hours ago and It showed application/profile updated but nothing changed as far as status. Checked this morning and nothing has changed.

I’m in IP2 status since September 9th. AOR August 19. CEC stream residing in Canada.
It can be just a glitch....or an indicator that someone is working on your file.....Additionally, plenty of ppl experienced it before get PPR...

Ultimately, it is hard to know the real reason behind it.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I asked IRCC (through CSE) whether they have reviewed the uploaded RCMP Finger Print Based Criminal Record Check document and the status of eligibility, background and security checks. Here's what the reply was:

"We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the RCMP Finger Print were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, we verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken."

In addition, I also asked IRCC about the "responsible" office in which my application is being processed. It looks like the agent avoided answering that.

Here's my current status:

Stream: CEC (inland)
E-AOR: August 16, 2018
MEP: September 6, 2018
Asked for RCMP Finger Print Based Criminal Record Check: September 6, 2018
Uploaded RCMP document: September 17, 2018
Review of Additional Document: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Do you guys have any idea about what's going on with my application? At what possible stage is my application currently in? It appears to me that the "responsible" office for my application hasn't done any work on my file.

Thank you all!
I have exactly the same timeline as you and a few days ago I found I have a review required in eligibility check...

Reactions: ray987