+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

DeeGee1234

Aug 10, 2018
I have received my Bridging Open Work Permit on 30/October/2018. I have received my email close to midnight from my lawyer.

For people wondering what to expect, It is a very simple letter that states, Date, your UCI, Your application number that starts with "W" and your name, adress. Then you get this paragraph:

Lastly the document states the type of visa, validity dates and the document number.

" Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC. "

Hope this helps to people who are waiting for it
Hi mindblowz,

Thanks for the update! Yesterday, my boyfriend's online account showed his BOWP as approved but we never got a notification for it and there was also no letter. It shows the document number etc. I did find this weird because every time we have applied for study or work permits before I remember receiving this letter on our CIC account.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Maybe they are still working on uploading that letter as we did apply after you.

Reactions: mindblowz

Samyukta

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hi All,

FSW Outland Application,
Nationality - Indian,
Country Of Residence - Netherlands

My Timeline -
AOR - August 17th 2018
Med passed - September 7th 2018
IP1 - September 8th 2018
IP2 - October 31st 2018

Keeping my Fingers crossed for PPR mail :)
Hi,

Have a similar timeline as yours..... plz do let us know whenever u receive ur PPR..... and all the best!

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi mindblowz,

Thanks for the update! Yesterday, my boyfriend's online account showed his BOWP as approved but we never got a notification for it and there was also no letter. It shows the document number etc. I did find this weird because every time we have applied for study or work permits before I remember receiving this letter on our CIC account.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Maybe they are still working on uploading that letter as we did apply after you.
I had the same, they will send an update in the email after about 24 hours

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
What do ghost updates really mean? I checked my profile 24 hours ago and It showed application/profile updated but nothing changed as far as status. Checked this morning and nothing has changed.

I’m in IP2 status since September 9th. AOR August 19. CEC stream residing in Canada.
Sounds like ppr within the next 48hrs!

Last edited:
Reactions: RPS92

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
I wonder the same thing
Few of us don’t have access to our accounts and the agent/lawyer/consultant don’t login and update us every half an hour.

So to listen what others can read without irritating our consultant we have to opt for call.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Few of us don’t have access to our accounts and the agent/lawyer/consultant don’t login and update us every half an hour.

So to listen what others can read without irritating our consultant we have to opt for call.
i didnt go through a consultant so im just asking to gain knowledge, but if you hire someone to do your application for you, why dont they just give you the password so you can check yourself? what is the secrecy for?

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
i didnt go through a consultant so im just asking to gain knowledge, but if you hire someone to do your application for you, why dont they just give you the password so you can check yourself? what is the secrecy for?

Payment is in instalments, so if they handover the password we wouldn’t be paying them later.