+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
A question not related post August AOR: I have a family member also applying and she got an invite a week or 2 ago. She lives in Canada and has a large chunk of her funds in the US (in USD obviously).

How can she get supporting documents from the branch, would she need to make a special trip?

Can her USD acct be included in her proof of funds?

What’s the minimum amount now to be approved?

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
A question not related post August AOR: I have a family member also applying and she got an invite a week or 2 ago. She lives in Canada and has a large chunk of her funds in the US (in USD obviously).

How can she get supporting documents from the branch, would she need to make a special trip?

her account can be used in her proof of funds . she may have to call the bank to see what options are available to her for getting a statement. I believe the min is $13000 CAN but that can be verified on the cic website

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
her account can be used in her proof of funds . she may have to call the bank to see what options are available to her for getting a statement. I believe the min is $13000 CAN but that can be verified on the cic website
Thanks again fellow West Indian!

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018

or maybe she can do a wire transfer from the us account to the canada account and get a statement from her canadian bank?

Reactions: M&Ms

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
A quick naive question for the veterans. If anyone has any info or experience about this I'd be grateful.

I have received my Bridging Open Work Permit on the 30th of October which took about 68-69 days. Do you guys know if having BOWP approved means your PPR should be received sooner or something. My lawyer applied for my BOWP and PR at the same day. Is there any connection between these 2 applications? I know BOWP is basically tied to PR application, simply without applying to Express Entry you cannot apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. Since I have got my BOWP approved last night is there any chance/possibility that PR process is very soon?
My ITA: 22nd of August 2018
My AOR: 23rd of August 2018 (e-Approved AOR)
Currently in IP2 / Medicals passed (Do not know the dates since my account is linked to my Lawyer)
My Stream is: CEC - Inland

Thanks in advance

ankit_sachdeva

Aug 22, 2018
A quick naive question for the veterans. If anyone has any info or experience about this I'd be grateful.

I have received my Bridging Open Work Permit on the 30th of October which took about 68-69 days. Do you guys know if having BOWP approved means your PPR should be received sooner or something. My lawyer applied for my BOWP and PR at the same day. Is there any connection between these 2 applications? I know BOWP is basically tied to PR application, simply without applying to Express Entry you cannot apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. Since I have got my BOWP approved last night is there any chance/possibility that PR process is very soon?
My ITA: 22nd of August 2018
My AOR: 23rd of August 2018 (e-Approved AOR)
Currently in IP2 / Medicals passed (Do not know the dates since my account is linked to my Lawyer)
My Stream is: CEC - Inland

Thanks in advance
I am in the same boat as you are, what I have realized from all this is that BOWP decision is made on the basis of PR application, if your BOWP is approved that means your PR application is also almost approved, I think it is just left with security. I am also AOR august 21 but I applied for BOWP on 30 august.

Reactions: mindblowz

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Hi Aarti .. i got ITA at last..

one question please.... i am NOC 1111... i am giving reference letter only to work relating to Financial accountant ... is that enough for NOC 1111? Or should i have experience in financial auditor role as well? Please advice
They can be financial accountant only as well...no boundations to cover both...I did mine this way...concentrating on activities like month end close, journals, reconciliations, budgeting forecasting, P&L, BS, TB analysis and added some team audit and team handling responsibilities

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Aarti .. i got ITA at last..

one question please.... i am NOC 1111... i am giving reference letter only to work relating to Financial accountant ... is that enough for NOC 1111? Or should i have experience in financial auditor role as well? Please advice
hihi congrats!!!
well noc 1111 is for accountants and auditors so the work experience can be just for accounting. My work experience was just for auditing :) so you will be fine.

sudhan

Jul 27, 2018
What do ghost updates really mean? I checked my profile 24 hours ago and It showed application/profile updated but nothing changed as far as status. Checked this morning and nothing has changed.

I’m in IP2 status since September 9th. AOR August 19. CEC stream residing in Canada.

Hi,

Where did you find the message the application is updated. can you please take a scree shot and share it with us.

Thank you

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi,

Where did you find the message the application is updated. can you please take a scree shot and share it with us.

Thank you
It's in the Current status column in your sumbitted applications spreadsheet on your account. It would say "application updated"

PGWP1

Aug 31, 2017
Hi guys,

i just submitted my EE application and my CRS score is 445, based on previous draws it looks like i should get ITA in the next draw but should i apply for PNP on the side as well? if yes anyone knows about the processing time of PNP ? what happens if i get an ITA but my PNP has not been processed by that time yet ? is there any point on waiting for PNP nomination if you get an ITA without it ? does a higher CRS score help with PR processing time post ITA ? do candidates with better CRS score get priority post ITA ? and my next question is regarding my passport, my passport expires in July 2019 and i'm planning to renew it this month, if i get a new passport and receive my ITA based on my EE application with old passport, is it ok to submit e-APR with new passport information and will i get a chance to explain or edit my EE application (passport info) post ITA ?

appreciate your response and feedback

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Strongly wouldn't advice to apply for PNP as long as you are getting an ITA. PNP obliges you to live in that peculiar province. It's ratter a pathway of immigration for all those who are not eligible for EE or lack score for getting ITA. So yeah it's completely meaningless. Just submit your documents and wait for the decision.

Last edited: