+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
My status changed to we started your background check on oct 24th and I got a Canada jobs email. It’s been 8 days and nothing in sight. My Aor is aug 31st and I am applying from the US. People were telling me I would have the PPR last weekend. In my case I haven’t seen a movement in over a week.
It happened to me on October 10th and nothing thereafter. I went from IP2 to IP1 though. Your is a bit different. It could be 10 days or it could be a month no one knows.

balvinder1990

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thnkyu ...yes I will update definitely.U too inform us if u get any update
Hello All,

We all know CIC is totally unpredictable my AOR-22 Aug
Mep-17 sep
RPRF-28sep-paid the same day
how to find job email-28 &29 sept
25Oct-saw an update that we are processing your background check(IP2)

After that still no update ...not demotivating anyone just sharing my experience....firstly i thought my case is moving pretty fast but now i got to know many are in the same boat ...

Stream:FSW outland

reachforjay

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hello All,

We all know CIC is totally unpredictable my AOR-22 Aug
Mep-17 sep
RPRF-28sep-paid the same day
how to find job email-28 &29 sept
25Oct-saw an update that we are processing your background check(IP2)

After that still no update ...not demotivating anyone just sharing my experience....firstly i thought my case is moving pretty fast but now i got to know many are in the same boat ...

Stream:FSW outland
Mine is moving even slower than yours so be grateful lol. I've got nothing since MEP on Sep 1. The wait is too much!

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Just called up IRCC and spoke to a call center agent. It took approx. 45 mins to connect. I was informed:

1. that my case center is Ottawa
2. most of my verifications have been done
3. my background check is in progess
4. everything looks fine as of now

AOR 28th August
MEP 20th September
Biometrics completed 23rd September

Fingers crossed

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Mine is moving even slower than yours so be grateful lol. I've got nothing since MEP on Sep 1. The wait is too much!
Do not wry.They up
Just called up IRCC and spoke to a call center agent. It took approx. 45 mins to connect. I was informed:

AOR 28th August
MEP 20th September

Fingers crossed
on which number did u call?I called so msny times on Hangouts n it just gets cut everytime saying due to high no of calls,ur call cannot be transferred

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Do not wry.They up

on which number did u call?I called so msny times on Hangouts n it just gets cut everytime saying due to high no of calls,ur call cannot be transferred

You're dialing the correct number then
I got the same msgs everytime
Was just lucky enough to get connected today

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Don't be worried or i'll be too with my morocco pcc :)
You can ask other moroccan successful applicants (like in feb immitracker) who already got their pr

But with 70+ days i highly doubt you have problems w your pcc
Thanks mate, meanwhile I had an answer from an expert on a Facebook immigration group stating that Pakistan have a particular PCC, quite rare to find any Moroccan on the express entry group, by the way do you know your visa office ? I've heard that most Moroccan go through Ottawa, please share your timeline.

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Guys
Any idea on what's the differenve between background check and verification?

As the call center ageng said my verifications have been done and background check is in progress

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Guys
Any idea on what's the differenve between background check and verification?

As the call center ageng said my verifications have been done and background check is in progress
Not sure about this but verification sounds like the authentication of documents especially it could be for the police clearance certificates you submitted. Whereas BGC includes both security and criminality checks. Although sometimes criminality is done at the CPC, the primary VO still further investigates it.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016

AOR 28th August
MEP 20th September

Fingers crossed
What did the agent say about the outcomes of your eligibility tests?

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Not sure about this but verification sounds like the authentication of documents especially it could be for the police clearance certificates you submitted. Whereas BGC includes both security and criminality checks. Although sometimes criminality is done at the CPC, the primary VO still further investigates it.
Umm...so I guess by verification they mean IELTS, ECA, PCC, POF, Personal History and Employment? What do u think?

Criminality and security checks are not a problem. I've a good travel history including US and UK which are tough visas to get. Plus both of my visas are still valid. I'll be relieved if everything else is cleared.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Oops....i forgot to ask :|
But don't u think i'll be eligible which is why they have completed my verification and are processing background checks?
Logically, yes! But in some VOs eligibility takes too long to complete and at a very later stage, they do all 3, eligibility, security and criminality, together!
Considering the agent's responses in your case, however, it seems you should have passed the eligibility.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Umm...so I guess by verification they mean IELTS, ECA, PCC, POF, Personal History and Employment? What do u think?

Criminality and security checks are not a problem. I've a good travel history including US and UK which are tough visas to get. Plus both of my visas are still valid. I'll be relieved if everything else is cleared.
I agree with your take on verification because what else it could possibly mean?
Yup, all look good in your case, just gotta wait for them to send you the PPR email.

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Logically, yes! But in some VOs eligibility takes too long to complete and at a very later stage, they do all 3, eligibility, security and criminality, together!
Considering the agent's responses in your case, however, it seems you should have passed the eligibility.
I don't think we would be applying for Canadian PR if we had a criminal history :D knowing how tough the security checks are.