+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Finally got connected to an agent. She told me that my Eligibility, criminality and security check is over and every thing is fine. Not to worry as i have still 3 weeks to cross my 6 months mark. She also told me that 6 months is just an average processing time they have set. Applications may or may not get processed in 6 months.
I am a bit relieved now. :)
do you know what is your visa office? Ottawa or Sydney? or ..

winsome4

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Finally i was able to get through to an agent.
AOR: 02 August 18
Eligibility: Under review
Medicals: Passed 9 October
Criminality: Under review
Background check: under review

My profile says
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is there is any reason to worry things taking so long for eligibility to go through?
From which date,it is showing the message for background?

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Finally i was able to get through to an agent.
AOR: 02 August 18
Eligibility: Under review
Medicals: Passed 9 October
Criminality: Under review
Background check: under review

My profile says
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is there is any reason to worry things taking so long for eligibility to go through?
It's hard to say anything because most people here can do the best guess but CGMS are the most accurate points to rely on. My eligibility is under review ever since I applied and I applied for CGMS notes and learned the eligibility is not met due to job duties wasn't provided (which is not true). So I uploaded even before they ask me for it. So relying on agent or looking at the online profile account won't help behind the case processing scenes.

Reactions: SumH12

Hope1805

Dec 3, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-08-2018
Hey guys, got my passport back after stamping. That’s end of the COPR journey for me. Thanks a ton for all the valuable information and support. Without this the last 5 months of wait would have been unbearable. I wish that all of you get your COPR at the earliest and look forward to meeting you in Canada !!!

sravaniT

Jan 18, 2019
hello.
my AOR is Aug 9,2018 and medicals cleared on 30th Aug.
No update since then.
im currently in Canada and planning to go back to india for a while.
please suggest if its a wise thing to do so before i get my PPR

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
hello.
my AOR is Aug 9,2018 and medicals cleared on 30th Aug.
No update since then.
im currently in Canada and planning to go back to india for a while.
please suggest if its a wise thing to do so before i get my PPR
Yes, you can go but you should have a valid visa and valid work permit to re-enter Canada.

sravaniT

Jan 18, 2019
Yes, you can go but you should have a valid visa and valid work permit to re-enter Canada.
no..i planning to stay there for more than 6 months and my question is whether i can process my PR from India.(i.e., if i get a PPR, can i send my passport for stamping to canadian embassy in India)

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
no..i planning to stay there for more than 6 months and my question is whether i can process my PR from India.(i.e., if i get a PPR, can i send my passport for stamping to canadian embassy in India)
You can ask for an LVO change once you get the PPR mail.

pfx2005

Sep 6, 2018
Straight out of my email --

My application is currently being processed for back ground checks from what i see on the portal. I would like to know the status of criminality check, security check and eligibility check for my application. Would you please be kind enough in letting me know the current status.

Hope this helps!
Did you get PPR ?

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Just called CIC, no change in status - security not yet started.

She also said Security will start only after eligibility is passed. As per current status its Met. Any thoughts?

Last call made : 15th Dec
AOR : 23rd Aug
IP2 : 23rd Nov
Exactly same timelines and same status...I rang two weeks ago...don’t know when will they finish this wait...just worries me to knowwhat factors r considered for security...??

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys, got my passport back after stamping. That’s end of the COPR journey for me. Thanks a ton for all the valuable information and support. Without this the last 5 months of wait would have been unbearable. I wish that all of you get your COPR at the earliest and look forward to meeting you in Canada !!!
Congrats!!!!

Reactions: NeeruIndia