+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
Yes, it will cross the 180 days mark. They cant finish processing everything in 27 days since as per other applicants, security screening alone takes a lot of time.
One thing that I'd recommend is not spending too much time parsing the words that the agent says. I'm told (by friends who have received PR in the past) that since we're within the 6 month period and our profiles officially indicate that eligibility has not been determined yet, the agents sometimes are expected to not divulge more and stick to what a candidate is supposed to know when processing time is below 6 months. There may be some agents that are there who may tell you a little more in some cases, but in most cases, agents are supposed to stick to this message.
I'd say that there is a possibility that our applications could have passed eligibility and could be stalled by an internal bottleneck of some form within CIC. It's best to wait until Feb 6th before getting serious about getting more info from CIC. I'm sure that they will be able to do something about clearing this backlog.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
One thing that I'd recommend is not spending too much time parsing the words that the agent says. I'm told (by friends who have received PR in the past) that since we're within the 6 month period and our profiles officially indicate that eligibility has not been determined yet, the agents sometimes are expected to not divulge more and stick to what a candidate is supposed to know when processing time is below 6 months. There may be some agents that are there who may tell you a little more in some cases, but in most cases, agents are supposed to stick to this message.
I'd say that there is a possibility that our applications could have passed eligibility and could be stalled by an internal bottleneck of some form within CIC. It's best to wait until Feb 6th before getting serious about getting more info from CIC. I'm sure that they will be able to do something about clearing this backlog.
Thanks for clearing that up. I took the agent's words way too literally but now I realize that he repeated the same thing as the IVR status.
Well, let's wait for Feb 6th and see what happens.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Hi, who is the designated representative in the gcms form? Is it the agent or the gcms person or the individual who want the notes.
The person requesting the notes on your behalf is the designated representative. In my case, its the getgcms person called Manmeet Singh Rai.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Hi all called CIC just now and got to know that my file has been approved..... so happy.... they said it's sent to NDVO.... I want to email them now.....
Congratulations! :D

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
The person requesting the notes on your behalf is the designated representative. In my case, its the getgcms person called Manmeet Singh Rai.
Even mine is same, so I should just sign that consent form and upload it? Also, the details of the designated representative just had the name and nothing else(no address or phone number but gcms email id). Are we supposed to fill anything there or not?

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Even mine is same, so I should just sign that consent form and upload it? Also, the details of the designated representative just had the name and nothing else(no address or phone number but gcms email id). Are we supposed to fill anything there or not?
No need. Just sign the document and email it to them. If you send it within working hours then they'll file your request today itself.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi all called CIC just now and got to know that my file has been approved..... so happy.... they said it's sent to NDVO.... I want to email them now.....
If you remember I had told you to email them as we all are in same boat and it will put some pressure on them (may be)> Happy that your got approved. Did you notice any ghost updates ?

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
For people who have ordered and received GCMS notes, have you seen something like PReVU Verified in the Notes section?
I read somewhere that this means Security has started.
With so many of us getting the feedback from the agent as "Security has not started yet", I was wondering if the above is true.
It means security started an info sharing complete... I vaguely remember it though.... Had a good discussion on this in the past.

Reactions: Shikta

conquistadores

Jul 20, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
Nomination.....
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-08-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2018
congrats

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi guys!
I have a question regarding proof of funds. How much is it preferably to show? I mean how much more than it is officially demanded? to avoid possible currency fluctuations and falling under demanded amount? As for me, I showed about 15% more than it is demanded, but according to GCMS notes my funds are review required. The reason is not marked, but in my country the currency is not stable, may be the officer expects it could drop down, and my funds won't be sufficient.