+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
You can!

Criminality and security checks are beyond your control.

But getting the status of eligibility will help you understand your present situation. If they say review required then ordering it and adding more documents will help.
And if the status is recommended pass or pass GCMS notes will go to waste.

So I would suggest make a call to CIC. You will need to try a couple of times and wait for 30-40 minutes. You will get info to make decision on ordering GCMS notes.
Hi,
The agent said eligibility MET when I called on 23 Nov. She also said my background checks are half way through.

Is it pointless ordering GCMS notes now?

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Hi,
The agent said eligibility MET when I called on 23 Nov. She also said my background checks are half way through.

Is it pointless ordering GCMS notes now?

If your eligibility is good, tell me what info GCMS notes will give you?
And anyway notes will take a month to come.

Online maintenance is on Tuesday as per speculations PPR happens after it.
So wait till Wednesday, make them a call then. If you still think you need more info then order GCMS notes.

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
But the eligibility is already confirmed MET. Calls won't expedite the criminality and other checks.
Nope!

But it will help the person knowing what’s happening with his/her application beyond “your application is in progress”
It’s better than ordering GCMS notes. And there have been cases where applicants have got their files approved weeks before PPR mail.

There are different terms used by CIC
Pass, met, recommended pass, review required.

So far I have come across these.

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
There are different terms used by CIC
Pass, met, recommended pass, review required.
How do these all differ? Are they used interchangeably ?

What exactly does "Eligibility" mean? Does that mean they have all the docs they need for processing my file? or something more?

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018

What exactly does "Eligibility" mean? Does that mean they have all the docs they need for processing my file? or something more?
As per the link
http://askkubeir.com/lifeline-of-express-entry/

Eligibility means The things for which you are claiming points.

criminality checks are for PCC

Security checks are done by Interpol, etc.

You can find details in the link.

Reactions: Asiv adanac

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018

I firmly believe if you would refer my post on page 252 on this forum , it will help u gain a clearer understanding. Below link leads u to that page directly so it saves u some hassle. Cheers!!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2018-aor-join-here.575129/page-252

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
True!
I also noted one more thing with my notes. And this is only due to my work experience with information systems and generation of reports, so I am really only speculating here. But it seems to me that whatever IT system they are using has a very old and instable data infrastructure. This can be seen in the notes as they are more than 100 pages and not much of the pages has much to do with me, my stream or my application. So the process they have for approving/rejecting an application has to go through absolutely too many gates. All of this means that the process for PR is a very inefficient process and far from LEAN. But, if that is the IT system they are using, then they cant do much about it. But they could hire a person like me :) to improve their process with their current IT system :)
After three
True!
I also noted one more thing with my notes. And this is only due to my work experience with information systems and generation of reports, so I am really only speculating here. But it seems to me that whatever IT system they are using has a very old and instable data infrastructure. This can be seen in the notes as they are more than 100 pages and not much of the pages has much to do with me, my stream or my application. So the process they have for approving/rejecting an application has to go through absolutely too many gates. All of this means that the process for PR is a very inefficient process and far from LEAN. But, if that is the IT system they are using, then they cant do much about it. But they could hire a person like me :) to improve their process with their current IT system :)
Canada is an amazing country but after three years of living here I’ve dealt with a lot of their processes and they are all backwards so you better get used to it

Even people I know who have worked for the government or muni will go on long rants about the time wasting of government

This pr process is actually quite streamlined compared to everything else here

Canadians take things easy whilst in from London and used to moving quick and the most afficent way possible

Sorry for the lack of punctuation my phone is broken

Reactions: Asiv adanac

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
You can!

Criminality and security checks are beyond your control.

But getting the status of eligibility will help you understand your present situation. If they say review required then ordering it and adding more documents will help.
And if the status is recommended pass or pass GCMS notes will go to waste.

So I would suggest make a call to CIC. You will need to try a couple of times and wait for 30-40 minutes. You will get info to make decision on ordering GCMS notes.

Hello sunshine41, May I ask you what is the need to call CIC agent to get updated status of one's application ? The Express Entry account does show the status, though not in the form of NA, IP1 , IP2 etc. What exactly does CIC agent tell us extra about application-processing status ?

Thanks.

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Hello sunshine41, May I ask you what is the need to call CIC agent to get updated status of one's application ? The Express Entry account does show the status, though not in the form of NA, IP1 , IP2 etc. What exactly does CIC agent tell us extra about application-processing status ?

Thanks.
Well!
1. Visa office(VO)
Some VOs process file faster than others, then again can’t be generalised.

2. Eligibility criteria
Your CIC account won’t show anything but reviewing. While agents can answer review required,pass, etc.

3. Criminality and security check processing pass or not started.
You can’t find these in your CIC account.

These things pretty much gives the gist of whole process. I shared a two links on last page, you can get more details about it there.

You can find contact number on CIC website based on country you are residing you call the given number.
You will have to select options which takes 4-5 mins (IVR) if you wish to make a call and then if you could get through to talk to an agent another 30-40 mins.

Hope this helps!

Shraran

Feb 25, 2018
Good news friends, I got golden mail today morning after wait of 3 months.
AOR - 21-Aug-2018
MEP-12-Sep-2018
IP1 - Not sure
IP2 - Not sure
Golden mail - 3 Dec 2018.

I ordered GCMS notes on 31-Oct-2018 and received on 28-Nov-2018. No status in the notes except it says Criminality check in progress. I thought I would go for RCMP tomorrow, but I received the mail today. Thank you all for being part of my journey. All the best.