Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I applied my GCMS notes just a week before my PPR is issued and got it in exactly 30 days. I was fortunate to see the whole detailed process of my complete application to the PPR since the notes was generated on the same day that they issued my PPR. I would share my analysis on how they process CEC applications.

Long words short, I think that they have 3 validation stages through the process:

0. The start of everything is medical pass. This triggers multiple processes to start including but not limited to criminality check. (29 days after the time you take your exam)

1. Program Assistant Review (10 days after medical pass)

a. This role does a very rough check on your files after your medical passes. (maybe this is R10)

2. Case Analyst Review (30 days after the Program Assistant Review)

a. To me this is the real and most important role that may send out procedural fairness letter (or the procedural fairness letter is sent by the immigration officer who knows..)

b. This role runs a thorough validation on your files and write a detailed report on what he/she find and submit the report to the immigration officer

c. This person also makes a rough decision of your eligibility A11.2 such as “Recommend Pass”

d. This person’s notes are long and are in details.

3. Immigration Officer Review (24 days after the Case Analyst Review)

a. The immigration officer makes the final decision based on the report gathered by the case analyst.

b. This role determines whether he/she is satisfied with your eligibility A11.2 and makes a final decision right after you pass A11.2.

c. Though this role’s notes are very short, according to the processing time during this stage, this role may also do a thorough validation on your files.

4. PPR send out (6 days after the Immigration Officer Review)

Details:

Day 16: Files transferred from Centralized Intake Office to CPC Vegreville

Day 28: Medical Passed. Criminality In Progress. RCMP submitted and passed on the same day. US Partner Biographic check submitted and passed on the same day.

Day 29: Files transferred from CPC Vegreville to CPC Ottawa

Day 38: Program Assistant Review - Candidate Eligibility at CPC Vegreville

Score met, Fees Paid, Med passed, R10 Passed, English Test Met (This is the earliest time I see the keyword R10 appears in the notes)

PCC Pass, RCMP Pass, Criminality – Recommend Pass

Day 56: My first GCMS note generated (I guess that the visa officer can see this message in their system)

Day 58: Biographic shared with the USA returned as Passed. (should be passed on 29th?! but they updated this field on this day)

Day 68: Case Analyst Review - Class Eligibility(CEC) at CPC Ottawa

Reviewed everything that Program Assistant reviewed and

CRS Score Summary, Current status in Canada, Marital status, Medical Validity, Passport Validity, Work experience

A11.2 Recommend Pass

[To me, Case Analyst is the real person that does thorough validation of your application documents including researching your work experience through web-based search, calculating your work period in detail, confirming your annual salary, job description/NOC, full-time/part-time job type, employment letter, as well as validating your paystubs]

Day 92: Criminality Passed

Day 92: Officer Review – Eligibility at CPC Ottawa

Reviewed everything that Case Analyst reviewed and

Satisfied with the application without any concerns. Eligibility Pass - A11.2 Pass

[The officer is the real big CROWN guy who takes the detailed report from the case analyst, reviews the report and determines whether this application is okay or not. The officer will approve your application right after A11.2 passes. In my case, the final decision was made in 2 minutes after A11.2 passed.]

Day 92: Security is only mentioned here as not started through the whole GCMS note. No further details. It’s either withheld by them or never started…

Day 92: Final decision made, application approved. (This approval only shows in the GCMS notes)

Day 98: Ready For Visa email sent (This is PPR)

Day 98: Group Number Assigned (from other’s GCMS notes showing they seem to process Passport in batches/groups)

Day 99: (Digital) COPR Saved to The System and queued for printing

Day 99: (Digital) Counterfoil Saved to The System and queued for printing

I have never had a chance to dig into “Security” check as the GCMS notes did not mention anything.

Last edited:

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Very detailed info. Thanks.
I can confirm my FSW O follows the same pattern except that the medical passed 6x days after AOR.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I applied my GCMS notes just a week before my PPR is issued and got it in exactly 30 days. I was fortunate to see the whole detailed process of my complete application to the PPR since the notes was generated on the same day that they issued my PPR. I would share my analysis on how they process CEC applications.

Long words short, I think that they have 3 validation stages through the process:

0. The start of everything is medical pass. This triggers multiple processes to start including but not limited to criminality check. (29 days after the time you take your exam)

a. This role does a very rough check on your files after your medical passes. (maybe this is R10)

a. To me this is the real and most important role that may send out procedural fairness letter (or the procedural fairness letter is sent by the immigration officer who knows..)

b. This role runs a thorough validation on your files and write a detailed report on what he/she find and submit the report to the immigration officer

c. This person also makes a rough decision of your eligibility A11.2 such as “Recommend Pass”

a. The immigration officer makes the final decision based on the report gathered by the case analyst.

b. This role determines whether he/she is satisfied with your eligibility A11.2 and makes a final decision right after you pass A11.2.

c. Though this role’s notes are very short, according to the processing time during this stage, this role may also do a thorough validation on your files.

Details:

Day 28: Medical Passed. Criminality In Progress. RCMP submitted and passed on the same day. US Partner Biographic check submitted and passed on the same day.

Score met, Fees Paid, Med passed, R10 Passed, English Test Met (This is the earliest time I see the keyword R10 appears in the notes)

Day 56: My first GCMS note generated (I guess that the visa officer can see this message in their system)

Day 58: Biographic shared with the USA returned as Passed. (should be passed on 29th?! but they updated this field on this day)

CRS Score Summary, Current status in Canada, Marital status, Medical Validity, Passport Validity, Work experience

A11.2 Recommend Pass

[To me, Case Analyst is the real person that does thorough validation of your application documents including researching your work experience through web-based search, calculating your work period in detail, confirming your annual salary, job description/NOC, full-time/part-time job type, employment letter, as well as validating your paystubs]

Satisfied with the application without any concerns. Eligibility Pass - A11.2 Pass

[The officer is the real big CROWN guy who takes the detailed report from the case analyst, reviews the report and determines whether this application is okay or not. The officer will approve your application right after A11.2 passes. In my case, the final decision was made in 2 minutes after A11.2 passed.]

Day 92: Security is only mentioned here as not started through the whole GCMS note. No further details. It’s either withheld by them or never started…

Day 92: Final decision made, application approved. (This approval only shows in the GCMS notes)

Day 98: Group Number Assigned (from other’s GCMS notes showing they seem to process Passport in batches/groups)

I have never had a chance to dig into “Security” check as the GCMS notes did not mention anything.
Thanks for your detailed information. Do you have something like S(16)(1) or similar formar number on top right hand corner of your GCMS notes in the NOTES section or any of the pages ??? any retracted information .. ??

Reactions: Tomi2

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Thanks for your detailed information. Do you have something like S(16)(1) or similar formar number on top right hand corner of your GCMS notes in the NOTES section or any of the pages ??? any retracted information .. ??
Didnt find anything like S(16)(1) but I do have pages saying withheld due to some sections of Privacy Act. Which I think is related to the security screening.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Didnt find anything like S(16)(1) but I do have pages saying withheld due to some sections of Privacy Act. Which I think is related to the security screening.
I think according to S(16) act, they withheld information since lot of other agencies involved and put some confidential data.. not sure though..

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I think according to S(16) act, they withheld information since lot of other agencies involved and put some confidential data.. not sure though..
You are right. According to another thread I saw, during the security check there are plenty of agencies involved.
Quote:
The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019

Details:

A11.2 Recommend Pass

What was your online application status showing just before you got your PPR?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Just dropping a comment to say that this is a very detailed explanation. I had undergone the process recently myself and my notes pretty much mirror the above with the exception of (1) the timelines were stretched because of covid (10 months!), (2) biometrics capture was delayed due to Service Canada closures, (3) IRCC cancelled the PPR requests for in-Canada applicants for about a year now and went to issue COPRs directly via IRCC account / PR confirmation portal and (4) COPRs are taking a while to issue (mine took 3 months after GCMS notes said approved).

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
regarding (2), does ircc still request biometrics? I think they now allow the reuse of past biometrics provided in any prior application within the last 10 years. hasn't it helped the process? I'd guess most cecs, if not all, have provided biometrics at least once within the last 10 years.
In my case, I didn’t provide biometrics before so was at the mercy of the “golden” call from Service Canada. I don’t think exempting applicants from biometrics helped at all as some are still waiting for COPR. The process itself is automated - once IRCC gets your bio it’s automatically sent to its other agencies and partner countries for verification. It’s the results review of the officer — marking it as passed, that’s holding up the process.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I hope the pandemic is a good incentive for ircc to get really serious with digitalization of the processes. no officials will probably want to invest money in tech right now but I still hope to see some news in 2021 like "we have automated 70% of all EE processes so things are now about twice as fast". couple that with (imaginary) some new and quick covid diagnostic tools available at the borders, immigration in 2021 even with covid would be a breeze.
IRCC is aware of the limitations of its GCMS which is the core system where they manage all EE applications. They mentioned it in December and they’re cognizant of the fact that GCMS has already been pushed to its capacity and that they need to innovate and upgrade the system as (1) it doesn’t allow the officers to see which app have been pending the longest and (2) it’s riddled with frequent system maintenances and unavailabilities. These innovations take years to materialize.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
IRCC is aware of the limitations of its GCMS which is the core system where they manage all EE applications. They mentioned it in December and they’re cognizant of the fact that GCMS has already been pushed to its capacity and that they need to innovate and upgrade the system as (1) it doesn’t allow the officers to see which app have been pending the longest and (2) it’s riddled with frequent system maintenances and unavailabilities. These innovations take years to materialize.
@voyager123

Some more on what lies ahead for GCMS

The Fall Economic Statement provides that Canada will spend $72.1-million to modernize the Global Case Management System.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018

Details:

A11.2 Recommend Pass

@legalfalcon does this part below sound right? Or Recommended Pass is given because R10 stage was passed?

A11.2 Recommend Pass

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon does this part below sound right? Or Recommended Pass is given because R10 stage was passed?

A11.2 Recommend Pass

Case Analyst: Work under general supervision of the Immigration Program Manager or an Officer, analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations on temporary and permanent resident applications.

Case processing agent: are more like office support workers who help in working on the files. For a job description see https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1170568

Case analysts would be higer ranked since they work directly under immigration officers to support them in managing caseload. An officer may have a few Case Analyst's working on different files in the team.

So your assumption is correct. However, before a final conclusion is made on the application, it has to be done by an officer. See #4,004

Reactions: sponsort

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hello?”, I enquired about my application and got this reply, please what does it indicate?(Please be advised your application is currently pending review at CIO-Sydney, and you will be contacted further in due course) pnp Outland