+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hi Guys,

I got confused what stage my case is currently?

The "background check" changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." before the medical passed.

The medical passed and fingerprints completed, but background check is the same. I did not notice any change. Did they start IP2 before medical results completed? I thought the background check would start after review of eligibility not before reviewing of medical results.

Thank you for your help in advance.

===========================
- Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
- Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It was same for me, then I got an email on how to find a job in Canada and then BG status changed to IP1 (application in progress). So I guess the next step for you will be that email regarding finding a job in Canada if you haven't already received one. My guess is that your BG will go back to IP1 and then it will change to IP2 (BG processing); that would be the real BG check. That's what I think but I do see people saying that BG status doesn't mean anything. I am telling you the pattern I have seen with a couple of people.

Reactions: aaquarius

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
It was same for me, then I got an email on how to find a job in Canada and then BG status changed to IP1 (application in progress). So I guess the next step for you will be that email regarding finding a job in Canada if you haven't already received one. My guess is that your BG will go back to IP1 and then it will change to IP2 (BG processing); that would be the real BG check. That's what I think but I do see people saying that BG status doesn't mean anything. I am telling you the pattern I have seen with a couple of people.
i got that job letter when i first created my ee profile and didnt get it again , also, my ip2 lasted one day which i think is impossible to complete a bg check so i think this bg check starts as soon as they start your application. Tryin to figure out an exact timeline for things is impossible, bottom line its a wait game, once you know all your documents have been sent then you just wait :)

Reactions: digitalmohsin

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got confused what stage my case is currently?

The "background check" changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." before the medical passed.

The medical passed and fingerprints completed, but background check is the same. I did not notice any change. Did they start IP2 before medical results completed? I thought the background check would start after review of eligibility not before reviewing of medical results.

Thank you for your help in advance.

- Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
- Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
you sent in your application, now all you have to do is wait :) times varies for different applicants so it makes no sense trying to compare yourself with different ppl then freak yourself out when something happens in their application and not yours

Reactions: aaquarius

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
you sent in your application, now all you have to do is wait :) times varies for different applicants so it makes no sense trying to compare yourself with different ppl then freak yourself out when something happens in their application and not yours
How many Job letters you had?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hey, I am glad you moved ahead with your file. But before your update sends out more frenzy across the forum and people start wondering why they are only the one stuck , you must update that you are applying from States. :p :D

Cheers!
lol. sorry! yea I forgot to mention that. I am applying from US :)

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
I have applied for study visa and my status is like this can anyon let me know which stage is this and is there any confirmation that I'll get visa!?
Have you applied for PR and study visa both?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
ITA - 8th Aug 2018
AOR - 20th Aug 2018
MEP - 11th Sep 2018
IP1 - 12th Sep 2018
IP2 - 4th Oct 2018
Ghost Update 1 - 5th Oct 2018
PPR Email - 5th Oct 2018!!!!!!
Hey congrats on your PPR.
just out of curiosity was your ghost update accompanied by a how to find a job in Canada message ? or there was literally nothing?