Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
danawhitaker said:
If anyone had success with the method I mentioned (printing it, scanning it, and sending it electronically for the sponsor to print out), please do correct me. It just seemed like most people who were posting last month were either together in person to do it or were talking about mailing things to the sponsor. Some people could have slipped through the cracks. If they'd accept a scanned signature, I'd love to know about it. Anything that speeds up the process is awesome. Even a few days can be a huge difference in my moving timeline and the amount of prorated rent I'm going to end up being gouged.
Maybe ask on the US or main thread and see if anyone has done it that way. I am not sure how sticky they will be on it. CIC is funny that way and every officer is different. This was even admitted by an officer at the Emerson Crossing when I called for info yesterday.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Landagirl said:
Maybe ask on the US or main thread and see if anyone has done it that way. I am not sure how sticky they will be on it. CIC is funny that way and every officer is different. This was even admitted by an officer at the Emerson Crossing when I called for info yesterday.
Yeah. I think that's the thing. Every officer is different. Even if it had worked for some people, I'd be worried about it not working for me, and would probably err on the side of caution. There are other benefits to me going up prior to moving all my stuff anyway.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
If anyone had success with the method I mentioned (printing it, scanning it, and sending it electronically for the sponsor to print out), please do correct me. It just seemed like most people who were posting last month were either together in person to do it or were talking about mailing things to the sponsor. Some people could have slipped through the cracks. If they'd accept a scanned signature, I'd love to know about it. Anything that speeds up the process is awesome. Even a few days can be a huge difference in my moving timeline and the amount of prorated rent I'm going to end up being gouged.
You could possibly download the blank MS Word Annex A floating around, fill it out, then turn it into a PDF and sign it within Acrobat? That could then be emailed and printed out pretty much anywhere.

Mrs.Chan

Oct 5, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
04-07-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
I have quick question.

I got DM on ECAS 2 days ago and waiting for proper email from cic.
I just realized that my visitor visa is expiring on 3/12...I'm from visa exempt country so I just got stamp when I came in to Canada on 9/12.
I was thinking maybe I don't need to re-apply my visitor visa since I got DM but then it seems like all these "receive email, send document to VO and wait till it return" takes more than a month...?
I live close to boarder so I do landing as soon as I get it all.

Q1, Should I apply extension for my visitor visa as soon as possible?

Q2, I am leaving Canada on 4/13 to my home country and coming back 2 weeks later, does it mean I should extend my visitor visa till 4/13?

A lot of things on my mind and hopefully someone can give me advice!
Thank you !!

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
danawhitaker said:
If your spouse "OKs" it and allows you to there is nothing "morally" wrong with copying his/her signature yourself so its not "scanned". Legally not sure if that would fly but I know a lot of couples that do this for legal forms to avoid the hassle of having a form needing a live signature. That being said, in the legal world, forms are almost always scanned and emailed with signatures. Not sure if it would be ok with CIC but I imagine it would (you can call them an ask to make sure).

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Ok! So by some miracle we were able to pickup our COPR today from FedEx Ground and we did our landing! Since we are still living in the US until June we only gave our B4 and B4A forms as our goods to follow list (about 6 pages long!). They stamped them and told us to bring them back when we import our goods. Since we weren't importing our car during the landing they said it was fine just make sure to do it ASAP when we bring our stuff with the car (the car VIN # and make/model was listed on the B4 form as a goods to follow).

Overall no major hassle took about an hour max and we were on our way. They didn't make us fill out any forms for the PR card as it will be mailed to our address of destination which we gave them. To my dismay we did not get our SIN #. They said they only issue them at ServiceCanada now and because it was a Saturday they were closed. Either way it wasn't a big deal but I was able to open up 2 cards! One at TD Bank and one at Scotiabank through the New Comer/New Settler program. Unsecured card only $500 with TD Bank because no credit history but it will help me build history which is all that matters right now (you could get more if secured). Scotiabank asked for proof of income and was able to pre-approve me for a higher limit. Overall hassle free!

Good luck everyone else! Your time will come very very soon!

akn2016

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016, SA 10-09-2016 aor-2 15-09-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 APPLIED CSQ 20-09-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
sayntdownfall said:
DM TODAY!!!!!! YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

congrats !

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
We received PPR Thursday evening (Feb 9th). So only one day after I saw DM in ECAS. I emailed the Vienna office because it wasn't that clear whether we needed to send in new passport photos again and a copy of my husband's passport or not. The letter said only if there were changes to your passport... anyway luckily they replied the next morning already! We did need to send in both. So sent those off on Friday and now we wait for COPR :D

akn2016

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016, SA 10-09-2016 aor-2 15-09-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 APPLIED CSQ 20-09-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
BCgirl_inNL said:
We received PPR Thursday evening (Feb 9th). So only one day after I saw DM in ECAS. I emailed the Vienna office because it wasn't that clear whether we needed to send in new passport photos again and a copy of my husband's passport or not. The letter said only if there were changes to your passport... anyway luckily they replied the next morning already! We did need to send in both. So sent those off on Friday and now we wait for COPR :D
congrats !

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
Wonderful everyone!

Happy the landing was smooth and thanks for the banking info knowledge101, ever helpful.

We have our COPR in hand and might have to land and then come back over the border with stuff in a U-haul due to timing issues. I will post about landing when we do. Whatever the configuration, hubbie will be all moved up here by March 1st. Can't wait for the commuter relationship to be in the past.

I wish the best to everyone on this forum waiting, this forum is a god send of sanity and practical help.

Andre_Beth

May 1, 2016
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2016; AOR2 04-11-2016
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
May 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
crazy D said:
Ya, cause takes time to get authenticated report of marriage and advisory then i did renewed my passport took me 3 months to get it done. from collecting and printing photos. msg , etc. my kind of work help me a lot to sneak to do our papers and print while boss/supervisor not around lol.

it's a good relieved for you tho. finally your application next in line.
Best of luck ;D
Wow, crazy D you made it!! Congratulations -

They asked for additional ID from my wife, probably because her birth certificate is so hard to read, she also has to submit a police clearance certificate from Qatar which we are still waiting for. Frustrating, jealous to see others here already and we are still waiting for a police clearance to come. Additional ID was sent in via VFS yesterday - VFS made my wife print out the email request from the embassy (5 pages @ 20 p per page) then the VFS was asking her to also photocopy her PP biopage which the embassy already has with the application. I think the VFS is extorting money from the applicants getting them to make copies of unrequested documents. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem with the VFS office.

Enough griping already - she will be here one day soon I hope and then our stress is over.

Good luck to everyone else :)

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
Andre_Beth said:
Wow, crazy D you made it!! Congratulations -

They asked for additional ID from my wife, probably because her birth certificate is so hard to read, she also has to submit a police clearance certificate from Qatar which we are still waiting for. Frustrating, jealous to see others here already and we are still waiting for a police clearance to come. Additional ID was sent in via VFS yesterday - VFS made my wife print out the email request from the embassy (5 pages @ 20 p per page) then the VFS was asking her to also photocopy her PP biopage which the embassy already has with the application. I think the VFS is extorting money from the applicants getting them to make copies of unrequested documents. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem with the VFS office.

Enough griping already - she will be here one day soon I hope and then our stress is over.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Even up to know, i cant still believe i'm already here with my husband. As we didn't expect much to come. As soon as we got update everything follows till PPR.

For those who still waiting, your time will come in perfect timing.
Have faith guys!

It would be good while waiting to get prepare like have your credentials evaluated or look for a prospective employer ahead.

Although once you get here, there are government agency will help you out like job searching/volunteering or be in a certain community. Now im on workshop, i already have SIN#, bank account . But no PR Card yet/BC ID and health card.

Hope others can share life after landing ;D ;D

Cheers!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
crazy D said:

Even up to know, i cant still believe i'm already here with my husband. As we didn't expect much to come. As soon as we got update everything follows till PPR.

For those who still waiting, your time will come in perfect timing.
Have faith guys!

It would be good while waiting to get prepare like have your credentials evaluated or look for a prospective employer ahead.

Although once you get here, there are government agency will help you out like job searching/volunteering or be in a certain community. Now im on workshop, i already have SIN#, bank account . But no PR Card yet/BC ID and health card.

Hope others can share life after landing ;D ;D

Cheers!
Congrats!!!!

My wife landed Dec 19. We received her PR card yesterday. So you should have it in a few weeks.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Quick question to all the people who got PPR last month and have gotten their COPRs back.

Looking over the mailing instructions, it says:

If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

My COPR is going to be coming to my husband's house in Canada. But we wanted ideally to send it via Purolator so we could get it there in one day instead of two. They give a courier address for people who are from the United States, but only that PO Box for people who are sending it from within Canada. Did anybody send it via Purolator to Ottawa from within Canada? I don't want to risk screwing something up. Thanks!

sjs124

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
06-09-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
danawhitaker said:
Quick question to all the people who got PPR last month and have gotten their COPRs back.

Looking over the mailing instructions, it says:

If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

My COPR is going to be coming to my husband's house in Canada. But we wanted ideally to send it via Purolator so we could get it there in one day instead of two. They give a courier address for people who are from the United States, but only that PO Box for people who are sending it from within Canada. Did anybody send it via Purolator to Ottawa from within Canada? I don't want to risk screwing something up. Thanks!
I sent mine through Canadapost from Victoria BC and it was delivered before 10am the next day.