10-04-2018
Med's Done....
15-4-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
Yesterday my 12 months passed still waiting
Lebron and Barats... I don't know what's taking them so long? I have had friends who applied after they changed the application process and 1 got PR for her husband in 3 months and the other got PR in 7 months. These are women applying for Outland spousal sponsorship and their spouses are from the same country mine is from.

It's frustrating... sigh. I feel like I'm loosing hope.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Lebron and Barats... I don't know what's taking them so long? I have had friends who applied after they changed the application process and 1 got PR for her husband in 3 months and the other got PR in 7 months. These are women applying for Outland spousal sponsorship and their spouses are from the same country mine is from.

It's frustrating... sigh. I feel like I'm loosing hope.
Wow this group has been silent for so long I wondered if anyone else was waiting. We too are waiting, our VO is ridiculously slow. Ours will be 1 year August 23rd. We are Accra applicants, my husband is from Ghana. I am in Canada.

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Yes
I am August 31st applicant and still pending. Also there are several august applicants pending in London (UK) visa office.:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::oops::oops::oops:

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Yes we are still waiting too and August 23rd we are completing one year as well

My wife got the medical request and Police clearance request which was completed and sent to the VO last month.

The status was updates and shows as Medical passed, called CIC to confirm and the person I was speaking to mentioned the background check takes little longer hopefully few weeks time my wife gets the PPR. or at least Decision Made status.

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
We too have been waiting waiting ... I am Canadian, American husband, married 2003 and living in the US. Our application will be 1 year on August 15, 2017. I was approved as sponsor September 2016, and my husband's PR app has said "Decision Made" online since beginning of June and still no confirmation of that by mail or email! Seems amazing. I'm so worried it's got lost in mail or something. We did send an email to our VO and got a reply that they have sent our inquiry on to the appropriate office and they will contact us -- but still no contact! Anyone heard of this situation? Is there anything else I can do to try to get in touch with someone? It's being handled by Ottawa office. I'd be very grateful if anyone has experience or knowledge of this.

theycallmemaha

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
31-08-2016
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
10-04-2018
Med's Done....
15-4-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
So if I wanted to call the Paris visa office... that's possible? How do I get in touch with someone to speak about my file? I need to know exactly what's going on and how much time is left... sigh. Already passed 1 year... hears to now waiting patiently 12+ months.

Any ideas on how to talk to someone about the file? I've requested gcms notes and waiting for end of august to get them, anything else I can do?

Thanks everyone.

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Yes we are still waiting too and August 23rd we are completing one year as well

My wife got the medical request and Police clearance request which was completed and sent to the VO last month.

The status was updates and shows as Medical passed, called CIC to confirm and the person I was speaking to mentioned the background check takes little longer hopefully few weeks time my wife gets the PPR. or at least Decision Made status.
Dear
Did your wife get PPR or DM

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
For those of you who are still waiting for PPR, especially if you're stuck in security screening:

"Finally our petition is live on the Parliament website and is official. The deadline is in 120 days from today so will be open till end of Jan but please sign as soon as you can and please spread the word between friends and families (the signer does not have to be a sponsor). Please note this petition is legal and is sponsored by the member of parliament Ms. Jenny Kwan: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1263
    • Signatures of non-citizens who are not resident in Canada are not counted.
    • There is no minimum age requirement to sign a petition.
    • The information supplied must include the signatory’s:
      • name;
      • unique e-mail address (an e-mail address may only be associated with one signatory);
      • country and, if within Canada, postal code and province or territory; and
      • telephone number."

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Not that this group is active anymore but just to finish my journey, after 13 months and 2 days my husband was finally approved. We applied August 23, 2016 and were approved September 25, 2017. Our visa office was Accra and my husband is from Ghana. The average processing time in our visa office (according to our forum) is 13 months right now so we were right on schedule. We hope this process speeds up for the many seperated families, from all over the world. Good luck to anyone else who may be waiting (I hope there are none of you! I always said we'd probably be last!)

Reactions: CANUK2012

clau12

Jul 24, 2017
You bet this group is silently active. I’m an August 2016 applicant, my file was transferred to Sydney go in September. Medical was passed around the same time in September 2016 but is expired now. I had my interview in February 2017 after that nill progression in our case. Not even eligibility is completed, MP is involved but to no avail. The standard processing time for Sydney is 10 month but our MP was recently told that the standard time is 14 month which we assume will be somewhere in January. One thing for sure, I feel as of we are just numbers not human behind our files. The most frustrating part is lack of information. They sure know how to give applicants the silent treatment. Good luck to all.

theycallmemaha

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
31-08-2016
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
10-04-2018
Med's Done....
15-4-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
Any updates for anyone? I'm at 15 months waiting... and still waiting. I spoke to my MP and he did a check on the application and said that they had still not completed the background check, and criminality was not done yet. I don't understand.... 15 months to basically just approve eligibility and start the background check? Is anyone else just as frustrated as i am? what is taking them so long?

Big sigh...

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Any updates for anyone? I'm at 15 months waiting... and still waiting. I spoke to my MP and he did a check on the application and said that they had still not completed the background check, and criminality was not done yet. I don't understand.... 15 months to basically just approve eligibility and start the background check? Is anyone else just as frustrated as i am? what is taking them so long?

Big sigh...
It's been 15 months for me too. Iam Aug 2016 still no update. My eligibility and criminality are passed but security still in process since March 28. Medical is expired.

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Finally got approved.

Got PPR on April 24th. Sent them my passport copy and other PPR form on April 25th. They received it and marked my application approved on 26th. The tracking number for my COPR was activated on the 27th and hopefully will be here Monday. They're moving fast.

Good luck all of those still waiting.