Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
WELCOME TO AUGUST 2016 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM: NEW MONTH WITH NEW HOPES

All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:

a. AOR1 or Application package will be sent back for lack of relevant document
b. Request for missing document or updated document - based on your spousal application
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

2. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step: Shocked Shocked

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview - based on case to case
i. passport request for the visa

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hello and welcome to (almost) August,

I am a sponsor applying for my wife from China.
I started preparing everything back in May and gave myself an August 1st deadline to ship the APP out to Mississauga.

I started with what I expected to be the longest and drawn out processes first then worked slowly towards the simpler aspects of the application.
So, I spent probably 2 - 3 weeks weeding through over 2500 pages of internet communications... Abridging it down to about 270 pages. I marked and highlighted every point of abridgment as well as the dates which originate from as early as 2011. I left a good amount of context within each conversation so as to make it somewhat clear.

Next came the photos:
We have 1000's, and selecting them for use wasn't all that daunting. In fact it was fun.
Rather than printing them loosely, I organized about 400 photos over 63 pages in a PPT file inserting general timelines and dates, as well as explanations for most. I selected photos from our first meeting over 10 years ago.. which unfortunately doesn't show us in the same photo, but rather a series of photos that would connect us both to the same time and place. Others were photos we shared while apart, showing packages I would send from Canada and her receiving (then wearing) in China... and once we were together the photos I chose were not strictly about us alone, but rather us as a unit among family and friends... us together or alone with family, places we traveled to, photos from home, during festivals, etc. My hair, beard, and even body size (Hah!) visibly changed in these selected photos to express time. I wanted to show as best I could my deep integration within her circle.
When it came to the wedding photos I added plenty from the photo shoot, but also dozens of others on various contact sheets of the event. A wide view of the reception and guests, as well as most group photos were included.
I abandoned all shame and embarrassment by adding photos that may not be all too flattering. But all together they make, as my wife likes to say, a photographic diary. She even wants to print another for us to keep. :)
In addition to the photos and the personal conversations I added a third bunch of colour print outs displaying other proofs, like screenshots of my YouTube page (in which she and her family is prominent), and Amazon invoices that include her name in the notes attached to gifts. There were also about 10 screenshots of congratulatory respects and love showing the multitude of comments below our wedding photos.

With those done, I jumped to organizing my intent to return... and naturally this one is tricky.
What I did, and I hope it's suitable, is mention my small business (based in Canada) which requires my very own presence upon operation. I included the business license, screenshots of the business website (Indicating a start date of August 2017). E-mails between my sister and I regarding a FULL plan, conversations with multiple friends about my plan to return, and wishes and ideas upon arriving. I included my work contract with it's termination date as well as my web history (I searched for terms like Jobs, Rental, Apartment, Gatineau, and others) as there are numerous searches over a period of months for each of these. Lastly my Canadian bank account, credit card, and even credit bureau tracking subscription information was printed so as to give an idea of my ongoing attachment.
As for financial stability I have signed and stamped income statements from both my full time and my part time employers, as well as a printout of my saving accounts. These accounts are in my wife's name for logistical reasons, but I'm assuming can double as relationship proof since the income statements clearly state the account number my salary was deposited into. Heading these visual proofs I also included a long detailed plan that quite closely matched that which I sent to my sister.

At the moment my wife has gone to the capital city of her home province to get her birth certificate (non-existent prior to 1996ish) made up, translated and notarized along with her national ID Card, Hukou, Marriage Certificate, and Police Report.
Medical was done a week ago on the 21st, Document attached.
The full 1040 was paid Friday (22nd), Receipt attached.
Most recent versions of each application has been filled... but not yet signed. Proofread and reprinted on more than one occasion.
In the Generic applications for both Sponsor and Sponsored I have added additional pages with the printed out Chinese address as required.
Additional pages were also used for both questionnaires.
photos are taken (probably more than we need),
Chinese address labels printed,
And things are currently divided in clear plastic zip-lock folders. I will look for an appropriate large folder to divide the sponsor and principal applicant portions, and an even larger case for them both together.
Finding such things can be a pain in many Chinese cities.. But if that fails, I can always make my own.

To be honest I feel quite confident, yet naturally nervous.
I do worry about the CSQ application for Quebec which will come later... it asks for proof of a Quebec address, for which I have none. I haven't lived in Quebec since 2004...

Does anything seem to be left out? Any Advice or comments?
Do let me know, and wish me luck.. the same to everyone else!
I'm beginning to find myself fidgety after spending months on this and now having nothing to do.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Grizzlyman said:
Hello and welcome to (almost) August,

I am a sponsor applying for my wife from China.
I started preparing everything back in May and gave myself an August 1st deadline to ship the APP out to Mississauga.

Good Luck Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
So it was my intention to ship it out today, but unfortunately I'm in China.
Undertaking anything from here is a battle among battles. Called for Fed-Ex to pick up our package, but alas, at the end of the day we were told that the community is not letting any deliveries or shipping companies onto the premises for the next 6 weeks as I live in the host city for next months G20. I can go on and on about the multitude of problems that the G20 brings, but there is no time or need for that here.
Essentially they couldn't come in, but when I met them outside, to take any deliveries.. I am suddenly asked for my passport, and take a copy of it to take with them.
"Why?" you might ask...
Well because every document must be examined and screened by the police before shipping.
Certain types of letter, documents, guides, and even Chinese newspapers are not permitted to be shipped out of country.
Used personal articles of clothing are also restricted from being sent overseas... go figure.

So now I must fear whatever disarray the police will leave my application in prior to shipment, and if they will lazily repack it without concern.
That worry will not be one that I have to face today as (given certain rules) I don't even have my passport. It's off for 3 weeks to processing an updated visa. Which may not be a big deal as my wife can send it out with her ID, but it still causes problems as G20 security means police are randomly checking ID of all foreigners... even in passing.

Needless to say... we can't wait to be on Canadian soil again.

So... APP to be sent August 2nd...
Maybe.

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hello Y'all!

Day 2 of attempted shipping was more successful.
Note: When applying for Family Class Spousal from China... Just don't! If it's impossible to take my advice, be prepared for the simplest things tuning into multiple hour long complications.

August 2nd, My wife brought the package to her work to ship out from there.
When FedEx arrived they requested a phone number... Knowing there is no appropriate phone number I just had her put the toll free # there. And then... they asked for a recipients name!!!
This is China... if you don't follow assumed protocol, then people will refuse to do anything for you. No matter how much we explained, the FedEx man wouldn't accept the name of an office or even a federal department as a recipient. I was forced to put a name. So... "John Smith". What else can I do?
This is annoying because I know that we'll have to repeat this a few more times in the coming months.
But he wasn't done yet...
What the shipping officer also does is OPEN THE PACKAGE *sigh* and take photographs (with his phone) of the contents to share with the customs officers.
There is no arguing this, no choice apart from leaving the country and sending it from abroad, which is naturally out of the question.
Inevitably, it was taken and sent. The wife and I have been tracking it with a "refresh" every 10 minutes, smiling with excitement.
Presently it's set for International shipment release in Mississauga. 7:41 AM eastern time.
So I can be confident my APP will have an August 3rd arrival date.

And the wait begins...
I want to thank this forum, as I would have been useless without it.

Thank You!

danby_ll

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
SA 07-09-2016 / AOR2 14-09-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
Hello, August applicants! I've been waiting to join this thread ;)

After months of preparation, I am finally sending our application to Mississauga by FedEx tomorrow! I am so paranoid that I've missed something or gotten something wrong even though I've checked everything 100 times.

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Korean husband. We both live in Korea (I've lived here for 8 years) and I am very ready to go back to Canada.

Our total application is 234 pages. I may have gone overboard with the proof of relationship considering we have a very straightforward app with no red flags (met in person through a friend's introduction, are the same age, our marriage is known by everyone around us) but I thought it's better to be safe than sorry.

I am so happy to finally get this over with so I have more time to do other things! But I know I will be obsessively checking my e-mail for the next few months!

Good luck to you all!

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
My sponsorship packaged was delivered to CIC Mississauga this morning. Fingers crossed!

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
danby_ll said:
After months of preparation, I am finally sending our application to Mississauga by FedEx tomorrow! I am so paranoid that I've missed something or gotten something wrong even though I've checked everything 100 times.

Good luck to you all!
Yeah, same here. I have about 8 overall copies of the checklist. I included 2 in the application (one with the sponsor Package, and the other with the principal applicant). I went through the checklist over and over again. We put off signing them until the end when everything was present and ready to add some consistency and avoid missing something.
Even still, I worry "What did I forget?"

And so yeah, Overboard is good. I assume that it's better to have too much.... even far too much.. than not enough. Our final application weighed 2.4 KG. Somehow the weight jumped 100 grams between the point of departure and arrival.

Good luck to you as well!

wind23

Aug 4, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-09-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Interview........
Not Require
Passport Req..
Not Require
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
LANDED..........
Hope SOON
My sponsorship packaged was delivered to CIC Mississauga yesterday. let the waiting game started...

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
wind23 said:
My sponsorship packaged was delivered to CIC Mississauga yesterday. let the waiting game started...
It's so nice to not be alone.
Where are you applying from?

wind23

Aug 4, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-09-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Interview........
Not Require
Passport Req..
Not Require
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
LANDED..........
Hope SOON
Outland, my wife is in Hong Kong, and I am in Canada.

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
wind23 said:
Outland, my wife is in Hong Kong, and I am in Canada.
The best of luck! :D

bassix

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016; 7-12-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 10-09-2016: SA 14-09-2016: AOR2 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2017
Still getting my package ready and will be sending the package out this month.

I realized after receiving all the Sponsored Person documents back from my wife on Monday that I forgot to send her IMM1344 to sign... Arrghhh

It's really good to check 100 times because I checked everything and came across this. Sorry don't want to make anyone paranoid.

For some reason I thought the Sponsorship forms were only to be signed by the Sponsor and the Sponsored person signed by the them. Lesson learned.

So now that one form is headed back out to the Philippines to be signed and hopefully I get it back next week or by the 15th.

All is not lost because this still gives me time to finish putting together our pics. Really want to get this process started because it is a 13 month waiting period.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
My package scheduled pick up by UPS tomorrow morning, estimated to reach CIC next Wednesday Aug 10, 2016. Keeping my finger crossed. :)

mixxingh

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Is it a requirement to send a copy of birth certificate? I have many other types of government identification, but cannot locate my birth certificate. This is for a outland sponsorship application.