File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
OMG YOU GUYS! DM JUST THIS MORNING! It happened around 8am!!

Ok so I need your help. I'm the sponsor living in Canada and he's in the United States. We didn't use the representative form so he listed his own address in the States on his part of the application.

When we fill out the PPR information/Annex form, is it possible for me to just use Canada Post XpressPost and have his COPR sent to me? Or am I not able to change the address and it must go to him at his address? I'm hoping we can just have it sent to me as he's had issues in the past with couriers like FedEx/UPS because of the way their front door/gate layout is. I'm just worried since it's such sensitive documents. Plus, I will be flying to him to help him pack up and coming back with him to do the landing process anyway. So it would be easier for me to just physically bring him the COPR.

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!! And I really hope and pray that everyone else waiting gets their DM soon!!!!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Joyce_tosf said:

Ok so I need your help. I'm the sponsor living in Canada and he's in the United States. We didn't use the representative form so he listed his own address in the States on his part of the application.

When we fill out the PPR information/Annex form, is it possible for me to just use Canada Post XpressPost and have his COPR sent to me? Or am I not able to change the address and it must go to him at his address? I'm hoping we can just have it sent to me as he's had issues in the past with couriers like FedEx/UPS because of the way their front door/gate layout is. I'm just worried since it's such sensitive documents. Plus, I will be flying to him to help him pack up and coming back with him to do the landing process anyway. So it would be easier for me to just physically bring him the COPR.

Thanks!! And I really hope and pray that everyone else waiting gets their DM soon!!!!
Awesome!! So happy for you!! :D

Annex A is basically just to put your current mailing address on. I don't think there's any problems at all filling it out with your Canadian address. Your husband's (?) 2 photos and passport copies need to be included. But you already knew that, yes?

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
Awesome!! So happy for you!! :D

Annex A is basically just to put your current mailing address on. I don't think there's any problems at all filling it out with your Canadian address. Your husband's (?) 2 photos and passport copies need to be included. But you already knew that, yes?
Thank you!!! I'm so excited!!!! I hope there aren't any issues with that cause it would definitely be easier for me to receive the package. Yup, we have the 2 photos and the passport copies ready and waiting!!! LOL!

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Ok I guess being cheap didn't help...my return envelope via FedEx Ground is being delayed because of the weather. Most likely won't get it until Monday which means can't land until next weekend :( I'm not super upset, quite honestly I would not have afforded the $200 it would have cost for FedEx priority vs the like $20 for Ground lol but I guess you do get what you pay for... (posting this in case anyone sending in their PPR cares, if you want on-time pay for it...)

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
DM TODAY!!!!!! YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
sayntdownfall said:
DM TODAY!!!!!! YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope there are many more DMs today!!!

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Joyce_tosf said:

I had my husband do his pictures, copy his passport and sign the Annex and he sent it to me here in Canada with our Canadian address on the Annex. I then sent it all Canada post with the Xpresspost return envelope to come here. If you use Expresspost and his US address on the Annex, it just isn't going to work, as that is where they mail it to. So make sure the Annex has the correct address for the type of return envelope. I will take his COPR to the states when I go pick him up. They just received it this morning so we will see how long it takes to come back

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Landagirl said:
I had my husband do his pictures, copy his passport and sign the Annex and he sent it to me here in Canada with our Canadian address on the Annex. I then sent it all Canada post with the Xpresspost return envelope to come here. If you use Expresspost and his US address on the Annex, it just isn't going to work, as that is where they mail it to. So make sure the Annex has the correct address for the type of return envelope. I will take his COPR to the states when I go pick him up. They just received it this morning so we will see how long it takes to come back
Perfect, thank you so much!!! Please keep us updated when you get it!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Joyce_tosf said:

Congratulations to all the new DMs!!!

The Annex A, if I'm correct, needs to actually be signed by the applicant. So unless people have had success with signing it on one end, and scanning it, and sending it to the sponsor in Canada electronically, it will have to be physically mailed. He'll have to get that to you somehow in that scenario. I'm looking at a similar scenario. We did new photographs while I was up there for the holidays, but I left them there, not realizing I'd need the Annex A thing or a return envelope. The process seemed to change a bit between the December DMs and the January DMs. Time is a factor for us, so the cost of overnighting the Annex A is close to how much it is for me to just get bus tickets and go in person. I'm going to opt for the latter, and just stay until the COPR arrives.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
Congratulations to all the new DMs!!!

The Annex A, if I'm correct, needs to actually be signed by the applicant. So unless people have had success with signing it on one end, and scanning it, and sending it to the sponsor in Canada electronically, it will have to be physically mailed. He'll have to get that to you somehow in that scenario. I'm looking at a similar scenario. We did new photographs while I was up there for the holidays, but I left them there, not realizing I'd need the Annex A thing or a return envelope. The process seemed to change a bit between the December DMs and the January DMs. Time is a factor for us, so the cost of overnighting the Annex A is close to how much it is for me to just get bus tickets and go in person. I'm going to opt for the latter, and just stay until the COPR arrives.
Thank you for this. Good to know. I'm heading down for a week long trip next week, so I hope he gets the e-mail while I'm visiting so he can just sign it and give it all to me. So it might just actually all work out in our favour! Crazy how timing can change everything! So happy for everyone!! :)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Joyce_tosf said:
Thank you for this. Good to know. I'm heading down for a week long trip next week, so I hope he gets the e-mail while I'm visiting so he can just sign it and give it all to me. So it might just actually all work out in our favour! Crazy how timing can change everything! So happy for everyone!! :)
If anyone had success with the method I mentioned (printing it, scanning it, and sending it electronically for the sponsor to print out), please do correct me. It just seemed like most people who were posting last month were either together in person to do it or were talking about mailing things to the sponsor. Some people could have slipped through the cracks. If they'd accept a scanned signature, I'd love to know about it. Anything that speeds up the process is awesome. Even a few days can be a huge difference in my moving timeline and the amount of prorated rent I'm going to end up being gouged.

Mrs.Chan

Oct 5, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
04-07-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Joyce_tosf said:

HUGE CONGRATS!!!
Now we are on same page!
I hope we get our email soon!!!! So happy for you :)