+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up... I called CIC just to check the latest status/update on my file - They claim that they sent me AOR by e.mail which I didnt receive and I check my spam as well. The rep claims that they dont re-send AOR and all those who provide e.mail address will only receive their AOR by e.mail as its the new system. If I need the discovery canada book ill need to go online and order it. Anyways I can pick it up from one of their centers.

For those who didnt provide an e.mail address will receive their AOR by regua mail.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hi All,

I resent my application today December 08, 2014 so im moving to December applicants ;D
good luck to all of us :)

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
asagalen said:
Hi All,

I resent my application today December 08, 2014 so im moving to December applicants ;D
good luck to all of us :)
what happened with to your first application Asagalen :'(

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up... I called CIC just to check the latest status/update on my file - They claim that they sent me AOR by e.mail which I didnt receive and I check my spam as well. The rep claims that they dont re-send AOR and all those who provide e.mail address will only receive their AOR by e.mail as its the new system. If I need the discovery canada book ill need to go online and order it. Anyways I can pick it up from one of their centers.

For those who didnt provide an e.mail address will receive their AOR by regua mail.
You don't need to order it. The link is on their website, You can download the e-book.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Torontonion said:
what happened with to your first application Asagalen :'(
It was returned as i provided a language proof that is not in the list of acceptable evidence. it was a CLBA result that i used for AINP application back in 2008.
I thought they will accept as they accepted my friend's citizen application with CLBA language proof back in 2013.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
asagalen said:
It was returned as i provided a language proof that is not in the list of acceptable evidence. it was a CLBA result that i used for AINP application back in 2008.
I thought they will accept as they accepted my friend's citizen application with CLBA language proof back in 2013.
i will send my new application tomorrow but not because of language :p

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
asagalen said:
asagalen,

I forgot what proof you provided exactly before. My wife will be eligible soon and I was digging for it. Did you provide your LINC certificate completed before 2008? Because the guide says "Note that completion of LINC/CLIC before 2008 doesn't qualify for proof of language ability".

I'm surprised that CIC doesn't accept IELTS-Academic.

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for checking in @jaiTORONTO

I had to reschedule due to school exams at the same time yesterday.

Now I have to wait and hope for a new date soon.

jaiTORONTO said:
@ NigerianCanadian,

Today was your test date, Right - Dec 8, 2014

Any update????? How did it go....

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Rossei said:
asagalen,

I forgot what proof you provided exactly before. My wife will be eligible soon and I was digging for it. Did you provide your LINC certificate completed before 2008? Because the guide says "Note that completion of LINC/CLIC before 2008 doesn't qualify for proof of language ability".

I'm surprised that CIC doesn't accept IELTS-Academic.
Hi Rossei,

It's a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment(CLBA) I took the exam in Southern Alberta Institute of Technology(SAIT) back in 2008 for AINP application. Not sure if that is a part of LINC as i didnt do the training.

I think that depends on the officer who's handling the papers coz my friend had the same CLBA result as mine and applied for citizenship back in dec 2012 her application got accepted and received the AOR but from that time until now she haven't heard anything :p . Shes planning to contact CIC this week.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
asagalen said:
Hi Rossei,

It's a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment(CLBA) I took the exam in Southern Alberta Institute of Technology(SAIT) back in 2008 for AINP application. Not sure if that is a part of LINC as i didnt do the training.

I think that depends on the officer who's handling the papers coz my friend had the same CLBA result as mine and applied for citizenship back in dec 2012 her application got accepted and received the AOR but from that time until now she haven't heard anything :p . Shes planning to contact CIC this week.
As far as I understand reading the guide, CLBA (Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment) is not accepted (Source: http://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17860&M=4032&Repertoire_No=2137991327). It's actually an assessment done prior to entering a govt. funded language training program in order to determine your level of proficiency. My wife has done it in 2 cities and it doesn't seem official at all to me.

Only after you're done with the training; they will issue you a certificate which should be equivalent to CLB. Some third party tests are equivalent too (like IELTS-G, CELPIP-G or CELPIP-GLS).

But I agree that some people got away with just CLBA.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Rossei said:
As far as I understand reading the guide, CLBA (Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment) is not accepted (Source: http://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17860&M=4032&Repertoire_No=2137991327). It's actually an assessment done prior to entering a govt. funded language training program in order to determine your level of proficiency. My wife has done it in 2 cities and it doesn't seem official at all to me.

Only after you're done with the training; they will issue you a certificate which should be equivalent to CLB. Some third party tests are equivalent too (like IELTS-G, CELPIP-G or CELPIP-GLS).

But I agree that some people got away with just CLBA.
@ Rossie
CIC used to accept CLBA earlier (min level of band 4/5) knowing/unknowing but beginning this year started insisting for certificate of training/attending in-class sessions of at least two months.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Donvalley said:
@ Rossie
CIC used to accept CLBA earlier (min level of band 4/5) knowing/unknowing but beginning this year started insisting for certificate of training/attending in-class sessions of at least two months.
I guessed so.

Where did you hear that CIC accepts attendance? My wife attended LINC classes for CLB Level 7 for more than 2 months. She had to quit just before the final tests due to pregnancy. Hence, I was exploring all the options.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at these post makes me believe they are getting strict with the language proof.