+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Rossei said:
I guessed so.

Where did you hear that CIC accepts attendance? My wife attended LINC classes for CLB Level 7 for more than 2 months. She had to quit just before the final tests due to pregnancy. Hence, I was exploring all the options.
Not attendance records...they accept the LINC certificate given after passing/reaching anything above CLB level 4/5, which clearly shows that you attended the class from/to date.
I know this from LINC staff and minimum two month in-class sessions (strict attendance) are recommended no matter what level you pass.
As per instruction guide LINC attendance records are asked NOT to attach with application as proof/school records.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys...still no news. Nothing.
looks like January 2d new application. Seriously fck cic.
not sure what they are doing but thus beyond ridiculous.
will call again on Friday. ..and than holidays.

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I cannot believe I am writing this so soon: I have my test letter and it's for January 6th, 2015. Like most people that have gotten letters over the last few weeks, my ECAS is not updated.

I am SO grateful and still in shock. :eek:

:D :-* :D

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
sweetdreama said:
Hi guys,

I cannot believe I am writing this so soon: I have my test letter and it's for January 6th, 2015.

Congrats, I have t ask did u get ur AOR by email and which city did u apply from
Again congrats

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetdreama said:
Hi guys,

I cannot believe I am writing this so soon: I have my test letter and it's for January 6th, 2015. Like most people that have gotten letters over the last few weeks, my ECAS is not updated.

That's great!!!! congrats :).
where is your location?

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!!!!!

I am in Toronto and the office I was assigned is Scarborough. I didn't get the email AOR, my application followed the "old" method. The strange thing is that they mailed the test letter to my home address instead of my mailing address, which is my mom's address. I recently changed my address so maybe they got confused. Either way, I am really pleased.

I am hoping for speedy processing for all the other August applicants too!!!!

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
sweetdreama said:
Thanks!!!!!

I am in Toronto and the office I was assigned is Scarborough. I didn't get the email AOR, my application followed the "old" method. The strange thing is that they mailed the test letter to my home address instead of my mailing address, which is my mom's address. I recently changed my address so maybe they got confused. Either way, I am really pleased.

I am hoping for speedy processing for all the other August applicants too!!!!
Congrats again and good luck

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
So Sweetdreama,

Are you a family applicant ? since you say it was sent to your mom's address. We don't often see this kind of statement on here...

And of course...being from GTA/Toronto and maybe since your case is different (Family ? appl) it was fast tracked ??

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application followed the old method too. I'm from ssauga, I hope mine will be fast like yours.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
sweetdreama said:
Hi guys,

@ sweetdreama
Congrats and wish you all the best in test.

Our timelines are similar, received on Aug 11. First test invite was reported by NigerianCanadian another Aug 11'er anyway.
It is really encouraging to see more people under this thread lining up for test so fast...

& please don't forget to update the timeline tracker...

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
sweetdreama said:
Hi guys,

Congratulations!! So I guess by my calculations, I received my AOR 15 days after you, so maybe I will get my test invite 15 days from now. And a test date, 15 days after yours...

Never know with CIC though..

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
So Sweetdreama,

Are you a family applicant ? since you say it was sent to your mom's address. We don't often see this kind of statement on here...

And of course...being from GTA/Toronto and maybe since your case is different (Family ? appl) it was fast tracked ??

I am single applicant. I don't know why this went so fast, hopefully it's part of the new system that started in August. I just always used my mom's address for all citizenship related mail because I've moved every year.

Good luck to everyone! I hope more August people get letters in the mail before the year is done.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
sweetdreama,

I guess if your mom is already a Canadian citizen and of course Canada based ....that may also play in marginally (I am guessing). Of course, you are in GTA which seems to be faster.

Also, GTA = Vote Bank ! ?? (after the crazy backlogs earlier looks like they are compensating now and don't want to tick off the very big immigrant base in and around GTA)...

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Hey guys,

My ecas is activated today!!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Congrats sweetdreama! Now you study hard during the holidays. :D

Like alexdive, my E-cas has been activated recently (I've just found out now). It's in-process. Here's what I see:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2014.

FYI, I'm a single applicant and got my AOR via email (same like when I received my AOR and PPR via email during my PR application). I haven't received anything in regular mail yet.