Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kyc221 said:
Let's think YELLOW, peeps! that's the colour of 'landed' in our spreadsheet :p

I would like to know how long people in our thread are expecting to be waiting for PR news.

In my 2nd stage AOR it said 10 to 12 months, but someone else here in Santiago VO got 7 to 10 months wait notice in their email :eek:
Mine said 6-12 months, but lately, some people going through the Santo Domingo visa office have gotten their PRs in about 7-8 months total including first stage, so hopefully it will be faster than the minimum 6 months for second stage.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Unfortunately for us, our VO is Ottawa(who rarely if ever sends stage 2 AORs) and no one seems to have any clue how long the processing time actually is. But I've heard rumors that its 12 or more months, but that some people finish in as few as 8. So we're just trying to stay positive and looking at it as everyday that goes past is another day closer to our answer =)

Maybe if we are patient and positive karma will smile upon us and help us out haha(this goes for ALL of us Augustees!)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
We are going through the notoriously-slow Port of Spain office in Trinidad and Tobago. They say 15 months but the average is between 8-15 months, I'd say by looking at our spread sheet.

Fingers crossed we get a miracle and get through in less than 8 like some very fortunate people have...

Wishing all of you the same speedy processing!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT

AmritSheetal

Sep 30, 2012
Just received a Stage 2 AOR (is this the same as what everyone calls a PPR?) from the High Commission of Canada, New Delhi notifying me that they have received my application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on 08/31/2012 and have created a file number. They further go on to say the following:

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible:
• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee)
• Submission of police clearance certificates if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.

So my questions are:

1. Whats the time frame for me to turn in these documents/passports?
2. Roughly how long do i have to be without my passport? Don't they usually ask for the passport only when they are ready to issue the visa? In this case, since there is no guarantee, am i left hanging in the middle stranded and unable to travel anywhere for months??

It would be very helpful if anyone who has faced a similar situation can get back to me.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Newbie here.
I am a Canadian sponsoring my American spouse.
Please add our information to the spreadsheet. Category is Family Sponsorship. Visa office is Ottawa. Medical was completed July 24, 2012. Application was sent August 16, 2012. Application was received by CIC on August 16, 2012. Stage One AOR not received. Sponsorship Approval Letter received September 24, 2012.
This is a great forum. Appreciate all the help, sharing and support.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AmritSheetal said:
Just received a Stage 2 AOR (is this the same as what everyone calls a PPR?) from the High Commission of Canada, New Delhi notifying me that they have received my application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on 08/31/2012 and have created a file number. They further go on to say the following:

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible:
• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee)
• Submission of police clearance certificates if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.

So my questions are:

1. Whats the time frame for me to turn in these documents/passports?
2. Roughly how long do i have to be without my passport? Don't they usually ask for the passport only when they are ready to issue the visa? In this case, since there is no guarantee, am i left hanging in the middle stranded and unable to travel anywhere for months??

It would be very helpful if anyone who has faced a similar situation can get back to me.
Congrats and to answer your questions
1: ASAP- there is no timeframe suggested but usually it's within a month unless you cannot provide ur passport for valid reasons. The ball is in your court and remember its that your file will not progress unless u provide passport and landing fee. I think you haven't submitted that yet.
2:it can take anywhere from 2 months to 6 months but with lot research I found that most straight forward cases are completed in 3-4 months
It's essentially case to case basis.

Pedro34

Aug 22, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012 and AOR 2 (23-10-2012)
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview
Passport Req..
16-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
WILL BE READY AND PICK UP DATE 16-01-2013
LANDED..........
SOON SOON SOON
my wife got DM2 today and
We received your application for permanent residence on August 14, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 2, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Pedro34 said:
my wife got DM2 today and
We received your application for permanent residence on August 14, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 2, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
That was crazy fast! Lucky you!! Are u expecting an interview? It seems like Rabat likes to give interviews to almost everyone.

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Canuck20 said:
Newbie here.
I am a Canadian sponsoring my American spouse.
Please add our information to the spreadsheet. Category is Family Sponsorship. Visa office is Ottawa. Medical was completed July 24, 2012. Application was sent August 16, 2012. Application was received by CIC on August 16, 2012. Stage One AOR not received. Sponsorship Approval Letter received September 24, 2012.
This is a great forum. Appreciate all the help, sharing and support.
Wow complete info. thanks! You are added.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Thanks for adding us to the spreadsheet louie_ann. Now we wait eh !!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd give our thread a little bump and ask how has everyone been holding up lately? I find the wait is already starting to get to me. I have good days and bad days. For the most part I'm remaining hopeful that my husband and I will have a quick process, but I have bad moments as well where I think it could take a really long time, etc. I think what is really weighing on me right now is the fact that I don't know if we'll be able to be together for Christmas. Financially, things are really difficult for us right now and my husband requires a visa to visit Canada, which is pretty unlikely to obtain, and for me to visit him during Christmas holidays is just crazy crazy expensive, since tons of people vacation there over the holidays! Maybe we'll get lucky and he will get a visitor visa (we're probably going to submit it next week and the results take a week to get back. Really the only reason we're even attempting the TRV is because he got one in 2010. However, we did apply for one at the beginning of this year and he was denied, so it's still unlikely) but the best would be that they would just finish processing his PR in record time so he could land as a PR rather than a visitor!

I hope everyone is doing well.

hereforu

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2012
Med's Request
PR In Process: 29-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 7, 2013
LANDED..........
April 4, 2013
tink23 said:
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd give our thread a little bump and ask how has everyone been holding up lately? I find the wait is already starting to get to me. I have good days and bad days. For the most part I'm remaining hopeful that my husband and I will have a quick process, but I have bad moments as well where I think it could take a really long time, etc. I think what is really weighing on me right now is the fact that I don't know if we'll be able to be together for Christmas. Financially, things are really difficult for us right now and my husband requires a visa to visit Canada, which is pretty unlikely to obtain, and for me to visit him during Christmas holidays is just crazy crazy expensive, since tons of people vacation there over the holidays! Maybe we'll get lucky and he will get a visitor visa (we're probably going to submit it next week and the results take a week to get back. Really the only reason we're even attempting the TRV is because he got one in 2010. However, we did apply for one at the beginning of this year and he was denied, so it's still unlikely) but the best would be that they would just finish processing his PR in record time so he could land as a PR rather than a visitor!

I hope everyone is doing well.

There is no doubt its a diffucult time for all us. We have to be strong n patient. No worries times fly . Sometimes i go back to earlier months to get motivated when seeing couples reuniting in Canada. Hopefuly soon it will be all us with a happy ending :)