File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
That's dh copying our application right now. My brain is SO fried after working on this non-stop for days ::)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PLEASE NOTE:

If your applying in any time after June, and have been working on your application for a while......PLEASE check all your application form revision dates....and note there have been form revision dates for months of June and Feb, 2012.

We were unfortunate enough to have our application returned due to this, and I had to re-type everything (due to adobe fillable form format).

This lost us approx. 3 months! so please recheck before sending.

Now, we are august applicants, and CPC-M should receive Aug. 14, 2012

Thanks, and hope I could help someone....cheers

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks for the heads up, Luckyman. That's really unfortunate for your case... but hopefully you'll have a painless ride through sponsorship approval and then at your visa office (and the rest of us too!).
I had printed all the forms in December and did a rough draft of them, but then just a few days ago on August 10th we did a real copy of them through the links provide, so hopefully they were 100% up to date!
Good luck with your process.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
How frustrating Luckyman! Seems like so much can go wrong, but I hope it's smooth sailing for you from now on. Thanks for the reminder.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
On the form for my husband and on all our additional separate sheets of paper we included my husband's info, including the UCI number he had gotten from a TRV in the past. Was that the correct thing to do? His UCI number will never change, right??

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
tink23 said:
On the form for my husband and on all our additional separate sheets of paper we included my husband's info, including the UCI number he had gotten from a TRV in the past. Was that the correct thing to do? His UCI number will never change, right??
I think you did the right thing - one keeps one's UCI number.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Welcome to the thread all newcomers =) Good luck to you all!

I found out today that Canada Post lost my application =\ I paid for next day delivery with signature confirmation too. I'm hoping that the reason the can't find it is because the delivery man responsible didn't scan the package when it was dropped off, but the lady on the phone said that she didn't know and that she would start an investigation on it. Lucky for us she actually cared that it was immigration papers and marked it as high priority.

Really hoping they find it somewhere and that it was delivered, time is something that we're very short on right now =(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
epilobium said:
I think you did the right thing - one keeps one's UCI number.
Ok, great. Thanks!

Shylox said:

I found out today that Canada Post lost my application =\ I paid for next day delivery with signature confirmation too. I'm hoping that the reason the can't find it is because the delivery man responsible didn't scan the package when it was dropped off, but the lady on the phone said that she didn't know and that she would start an investigation on it. Lucky for us she actually cared that it was immigration papers and marked it as high priority.

Really hoping they find it somewhere and that it was delivered, time is something that we're very short on right now =(
OMG! Talk about WORST NIGHTMARE!!!! How horrible! I hope they find it quickly! That is just unacceptable....

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Thank you Tink for your comments it really helped me a great deal and gives me some assurance that i'm still on the safe side....
Yes it was just the cover letter that had the wrong address, and the mailing address on the actual application form is correct however, its an overseas address.... so it was just the cover letter with the address on it that was wrong.

I did talk to CIC- Mississauga this morning,,, faxed and also emailed them. I don't know if the fax or email did anything but I talked to lady on the phone today from the call center in Mississauga who was very helpful and because I had an old client number (From sponsoring my ex-husband) in 2010, she was
able to bring up my name with the old client id # and update my mailing address right away. I asked her than if it would apply to my new application
and she said yeah. So I guess maybe all information for one client always goes under one client id #. I'm hoping thats the case. She updated the address
while I spoke to her on the phone and she assured me also that they would never send my application if it were to be returned to an overseas address.
So that is a bit of relief to me : )

thanks Tink for your reply, greatly appreciated.... keep us posted on the status of your Visa! I hope everyone gets theirs quick....

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Shylox said:
I found out today that Canada Post lost my application =\ I paid for next day delivery with signature confirmation too.
:mad: Oh, I feel so mad on your behalf! I agree, unacceptable.

We just paid for trackable/signature confirmation for our application with Canada Post and it cost $30 - for that price they need to get it right!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Shylox, I am so sorry..... How did you find out that it was lost??? Did Canada post contact you? or did you contact them?

I am a bit worried now. I used Canada post (Priorty) delivery for next day with tracking and signature... when I went to the Canada post website and entered my tracking number after a day, it gave me a signature of someone named JAN.... You can actually see the persons signature on the Canada post website.

Is that name familiar to anyone here?? I mean has anyone else here gotten a signature back with JAN written on it???? could this still mean that may application is lost?

Shylox said:

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Don't panic everyone. It is very rare for applications to get lost. More than likely it was delivered but not scanned and therefore receipt cannot be verified. Canada Post will find it. Sometimes their website is not updated immediately. I had overnight delivery but it took 3 days before the tracking number showed receipt of my package the day after it was sent. I am sure before week's end the package will have been discovered in Mississauga. Deep breaths everyone and try to remain positive!!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
KJG said:
Don't panic everyone. It is very rare for applications to get lost. More than likely it was delivered but not scanned and therefore receipt cannot be verified. Canada Post will find it. Sometimes their website is not updated immediately. I had overnight delivery but it took 3 days before the tracking number showed receipt of my package the day after it was sent. I am sure before week's end the package will have been discovered in Mississauga. Deep breaths everyone and try to remain positive!!!
hahaha You can really tell we're either just sending, or just finishing up the final touches on our packages because the stress level is very high! Messing with us now, at this moment, could be dangerous! lol

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
According to Canada post tracking system, Our baby is in his/her new home. I hope the CIC officers will take care and open him/her very very soon. :) Good luck to all of us!

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Shylox said:

:( aw. sorry to hear that Shylox. Hope everything will be fine.