25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
Congratulations! I hope i'm close behind!

That's the only way I can think of! Maybe there's a link somewhere that tells u the dates on the most updated forms, but I don't know it if it does exist. I did this yesterday and it took only about 3 minutes.
As long as I don't have to re-write forms, it shouldn't take me any longer!!

Well, I guess that whatever it takes will be a shorter period than if I had to have my package returned :-\

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
We sent our application off yesterday, and I can't believe what a relief it is. I didn't realize how much of a burden it was, knowing that the clock wouldn't start ticking until we submitted it.

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Kelm said:
My 2 kilo baby arrived in Mississauga at 10:03 this morning :) Can I be added to 'the list'?

Good luck Augusters!
Spreadsheet updated. Thanks! :)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tink23 has it right, but you do have to re fill because once saved you cannot update them.

We applied middle of May, got forms end of July and I updated everything and resent Aug 14

Hope that helps

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone:

I am the Sponsor of my wife (outland application). I am about to send the application package to Missisauga by this weekend.

I paid all the fees: Right to Permanent Residence Fee, Sponsorship Application Fee & Applicant (1) Fee: a total of $1,040 using CIC website. I printed out the official receipt.

In the official receipt it has a Barcode on the top. It has a section in the middle that asks to fill out Name, Client Date of Birth, Address etc. My question is: Do I write my information on the receipt OR do I put my wife's information on the receipt?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Put sponsors information......I believe this is the only part where all they care about is that you payed.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be mailing the package out tomorrow by Canada Post Express Post (to be delivered next morning).

What mailing address in Mississauga should I use?

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Luckyman said:
Tink23 has it right, but you do have to re fill because once saved you cannot update them.

We applied middle of May, got forms end of July and I updated everything and resent Aug 14

Hope that helps
Yes, I had to refill the 2 forms we had out of date. It wasn't a big deal, except one of them didn't save correctly after validating it and I had to re-do it... anyway, we're still saving time if we think we might have had them returned :)

goodman36 said:
I will be mailing the package out tomorrow by Canada Post Express Post (to be delivered next morning).

What mailing address in Mississauga should I use?
Check this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-do-you-address-your-package-to-send-to-mississauga-courier-address-t113561.0.html

Hope it helps!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I had to refill the 2 forms we had out of date. It wasn't a big deal, except one of them didn't save correctly after validating it and I had to re-do it... anyway, we're still saving time if we think we might have had them returned :)
You are saving lots of time! trust me, they take almost 2 months just to see if you have all the stuff....then to just return, modify and send again and wait almost 2 months.....UGH!

If anything I'm glad I could help someone avoid a possible return....Cheers!
Good luck

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Anyone with non-English documents.

Our documents are in Spanish (birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police record check).

We have had them all legally translated by a proper translator.

I know the police check we have to send the original police check along with the translation.

For the marriage certificate and birth certificate, Can I send a copy of the original spanish certificates along with the original translations? Or is it necessary to also send my original marriage certificate and my husand's original brith certificate in spanish?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tink23 said:
Anyone with non-English documents.

Our documents are in Spanish (birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police record check).

We have had them all legally translated by a proper translator.

I know the police check we have to send the original police check along with the translation.

For the marriage certificate and birth certificate, Can I send a copy of the original spanish certificates along with the original translations? Or is it necessary to also send my original marriage certificate and my husand's original brith certificate in spanish?
For birth certificate and marriage certificate - do not send the originals. Normally when you get the translation done, the translator attachs a certified copy of the original document, together with the translation -that's what you need to send. Keep the originals of the documents.
The only originals that you send is the police record (together with translation if not in english or french).
good luck,
Sweden

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Sweden said:
For birth certificate and marriage certificate - do not send the originals. Normally when you get the translation done, the translator attachs a certified copy of the original document, together with the translation -that's what you need to send. Keep the originals of the documents.
The only originals that you send is the police record (together with translation if not in english or french).
good luck,
Sweden
Awesome! Thank you. that's what I was hoping for!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
good luck,
Sweden
How about the medical examination receipt from the doctor? Don't you send the copy that the doctor's office gives you?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
goodman36 said:
How about the medical examination receipt from the doctor? Don't you send the copy that the doctor's office gives you?
yes you send the one from the doctor...that has been stamped...keep a copy for your records

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Just to update everyone, here's what ended up happening with my lost application. To clarify, I wasn't just assuming my package was lost, I called Canada Post because the tracking hadn't been updated and they TOLD me they lost it and that they would contact me when it was found. Lucky for me, it made it to Mississauga before it got lost so it wasn't too far from it's destination. The good news is, they have found it and it's been delivered and signed for by the mysterious JAN that some of you have talked about. So glad this is resolved now =) the only problem is that since they lost track of it, no one knows if it was delivered on the 10th like it was suppose to be, or on the 13th. I guess I will never know haha

To everyone who has recently sent their applications, yayy!! Your hard work is all done =) Best of luck to all of you!