App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
11 apr 2016, medicals, RCMP, PCC, Schedule A
Interview........
august 24,2016
Hi thanks guys for replying, that guy was asking ether I'm still working in that xxxx company, (the company I used for my immigration ). For my concern why he was asking that as I have already informed them after quitting that job in 2015 via my new work permit and multiple entry visa application. If he is really from immigration office , he should be awere of that, further when I explained him that I am not working there now, he said what was my job there?? When he asked that question I disconnected the phone to avoid any mistake if it is reall call. After that I am in lots of stress as it could be a real call.
I am again receiving a call from unknown no after that but not answering. Please if you guys know more please help me

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
GABB said:
Hi thanks guys for replying, that guy was asking ether I'm still working in that xxxx company, (the company I used for my immigration ). For my concern why he was asking that as I have already informed them after quitting that job in 2015 via my new work permit and multiple entry visa application. If he is really from immigration office , he should be awere of that, further when I explained him that I am not working there now, he said what was my job there?? When he asked that question I disconnected the phone to avoid any mistake if it is reall call. After that I am in lots of stress as it could be a real call.
I am again receiving a call from unknown no after that but not answering. Please if you guys know more please help me
I suggest you call CIC call center and ask for clarification. If it was indeed a genuine call, CIC agent will be able to tell you.

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
Interview........
august 24,2016
Omg five calls from no caller id, saying he wants to confirm my employment. I don't know what to do??

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Just Recd the GCMS notes exactly after one month !
Status shows criminality - in progress and medicals - in progress (re-medicals done in june mid)...

Sep 02 applicant...

Also called the call center... they advised to wait till Oct 07... otherwise call back !!

This is never ending wait !

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GABB said:
Omg five calls from no caller id, saying he wants to confirm my employment. I don't know what to do??
call cic and explain to them what happened. Keep us posted

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumar_montreal said:
Status shows criminality - in progress and medicals - in progress (re-medicals done in june mid)...

Sep 02 applicant...

Also called the call center... they advised to wait till Oct 07... otherwise call back !!

oct 7 still better than dec

icecoldsea

May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
Med's Request
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2016
kumar_montreal said:

Sep 02 applicant...

hey when did you apply for GCMS? on 22nd or 21st?
I did on 22nd as well and I have not received anything yet :|

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
GABB said:
You should take a deep breath and ask him/her to confirm your file number for you. I would not disconnect.

Now you can ask call center agent was it a real call?

rachel8989

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
kumar_montreal said:

Sep 02 applicant...

How about security?

rachel8989

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
GABB said:
"If CIC clients have doubts about the legitimacy of a call, they are encouraged to ask for the name of the agent and then call the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to confirm that the call is genuine."
I read this from CIC website. Hope it will help.

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
Interview........
august 24,2016
cec2014kum said:
You should take a deep breath and ask him/her to confirm your file number for you. I would not disconnect.

Now you can ask call center agent was it a real call?
Yes he does have my application no, so worried , just asked him to call me back tommorow morning

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GABB said:
Yes he does have my application no, so worried , just asked him to call me back tommorow morning
is this a common thing for CIC to call applicants because I don't think they have my updated number :-X :-[

Jan 20, 2015
CIC do not call... YOu call call centre and confirm about it.. Only mode of communication from CIC is email or mail in certain cases..
That is a fraud call... Do not provide any info to them...

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
Interview........
august 24,2016
kuntalkumarbasu said:
CIC do not call... YOu call call centre and confirm about it.. Only mode of communication from CIC is email or mail in certain cases..
That is a fraud call... Do not provide any info to them...
Hi guys ! Cic guy confirmed me through an email that they have called me and they will call me tommorow as I spoken the guy to call be back tommorow after sending an email. Also confirmed with my previous employer an he said he also received a call from cic regarding my job . So stressed about tomorrow

rachel8989

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
GABB said:
Hi guys ! Cic guy confirmed me through an email that they have called me and they will call me tommorow as I spoken the guy to call be back tommorow after sending an email. Also confirmed with my previous employer an he said he also received a call from cic regarding my job . So stressed about tomorrow
I thought everyone was just waiting for security check or PPR. Now I feel panic, too.