+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** - AUG 2023 AOR ******

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
A few important tips for August AOR folks:
1. NOC Code - it isn’t about your job title, match 70% responsibilities to a NOC code.
2. PCC - make sure you don’t submit a black and white PCC. If even the stamp on your PCC is colored and rest is black and white, submit a colored scan that shows the colored stamps: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-black-and-white-pcc.496680/. PCC is a complicated issue, often a hard rejection. Make sure to scour the forum, read as much as you can if you got an edge case and make an informed decision here.
3. POF - Make sure to have closing balance, codified debt (or plainly listed debt declaration) on POF with your name clearly listed in it. Can’t get a letter of a specific format that state average 6 month balance? Don’t worry! You can create a PDF with POF + attach the last 6 months of bank statements to it. It works.
4. Upfront medicals for Outland applicants - Find a panel physician listed near you: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx when you call them do tell them that you want to do an upfront medical exam for PR application. In some cases, the hospital won’t have the right code to issue an upfront test for the “Permanent residency” category, it is fine to get the test done under the “worker” category. You’ll get two documents at the end of the upfront medical tests, you’ll have to upload one of these documents - clarify it with your hospital before leaving the premises.
5. Whitelisting CIC: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-how-to-never-miss-the-golden-email-gmail-hotmail-users.596756/
6. What do background check changes really mean (from Legalfalcon): https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831
7. When can you access your PR tracker? When you get your UCIXXX instead of CANXXX number, can easily take 24-48 hours after you get MEP/BIL.
8. Inland candidates will get a portal email and you'll be virtually landed.
9. Outland candidates will get either a RFV email (you won't get any other update in GCKey if you get RFV) or either a PPR letter(an email indicating a notification/message in GCKey and letter in the message section of GCKey).
10. Immigration fatigue is a real thing. Try to not over-stress yourself.

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
First of all , congrats everyone on our first step towards PR . My Timeline:
Upfront Medicals Submitted : 28th April 2023
Additional Medical Request from RMO: 3rd August 2023
AOR : 4th August 2023

I was given 30 days to make an appointment with my panel physician to comply with the additional medical request ( sputum and geneXpert , thank god initial reports for both are negative).

Gonna raise a CSE attaching my medical receipt , initial test reports to inform them I've complied with the deadline. Also gonna attach clear bank statements ( earlier upload had unclear stamps due to pdf compression).
Does that seem like a good way to go? Feeling so nervous after AOR ( like anything could go wrong), and I was thinking it would be better.

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Haven't seen the 1st Aug AOR with MP/BIO/UCI passed (2nd step).

Please join my dashboard (in my signature) if you reach this point to share the timeline with others.

wrooney

Aug 17, 2023
Hi everyone!

I'm also on this journey. I'm applying for the FSW + PNP through Ontario.

AOR: August 5, 2023

What do you think the next step will be and when?

krishna121

Aug 13, 2023
QSWP/ inland/ CSQ

File submission - 4 August
AOR- 15 August
Biometric and medical passed- 18 August
Eligibility and BGC- processing

Reactions: ndoan95

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello all, My AOR is August 3rd, till now no BIL. Should I be worried please? My category is FSW (Outland)
Check to make sure you haven't missed any email from them. If that's not the case, then you'll have to wait for a BIL. Btw, I know someone who is FSW-O and got their BIL after three months of getting their AOR. So, nothing really to worry about at this stage.

safeway

Aug 17, 2023
Hello all, My AOR is August 3rd, till now no BIL. Should I be worried please? My category is FSW (Outland)
My AOR is from Aug 3(FSW-O) and I have not heard anything from them. We need to be patient. If you get any update on your side, please share. Good luck.