U_K

Oct 3, 2021
SDS - Jan 2020 intake
Mcmaster University - Phd
Application Submitted - 28th Aug
Medicals done - 25th Aug
Biometrics - Done for an earlier application

Medicals not updated yet
Review of eligibility - not started yet.
background check - Not started yet
No progress in the application at all! :(

U_K

Oct 3, 2021
some dude on fb group got approved, his timeline:

SDS Category
Medical given: 30th July
Visa applied: 4th Aug
Biometric given and updated: 13th Aug
Medical updated and review started: 16th Aug
BVL: 3rd Oct
PPR: 3rd Oct
Any idea why some applications get medicals and biometrics updated soon and some don't?
A friend of mine applied on 3rd Aug through SDS for Jan 22 intake and got passport stamped and everything by 10th Sept. Don't know the step by step details.

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Any idea why some applications get medicals and biometrics updated soon and some don't?
A friend of mine applied on 3rd Aug through SDS for Jan 22 intake and got passport stamped and everything by 10th Sept. Don't know the step by step details.
just be patient, it will be updated eventually. the way ircc update and process is really random & unpredictable and leave us no room to guess how they work and only can wait :(

dont worry, urs will surely have some movements this month.

But even your background check not started yet?

Last edited:

U_K

Oct 3, 2021
just be patient, it will be updated eventually. the way ircc update and process is really random & unpredictable and leave us no room to guess how they work and only can wait :(

dont worry, urs will surely have some movements this month.

But even your background check not started yet?
It says we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Every VO has different processing times and patterns are not predictable. Even if 2 identical applications were submitted in same VO at same time, timelines will vary. COVID has only made everything worse.

Lokesh2410

Feb 7, 2016
Hey, Guys my timelines:
Application submitted with medical - SDS - 22 August
Medical passed
Biometric updated - 02 September
At present, showing- Reviewing eligibility
I have applied without SOP as the case was straightforward, does this impact the visa approval process?

iceysub

Sep 4, 2021
Hey, Guys my timelines:
Medical passed
I have applied without SOP as the case was straightforward, does this impact the visa approval process?
i think one should provide SOP as it plays a key role in determining the decision.
it gives insight to the VO.
Rest idk. i have heard this for the first time that a person is applying without SOP.

Lokesh2410

Feb 7, 2016
i think one should provide SOP as it plays a key role in determining the decision.
it gives insight to the VO.
Rest idk. i have heard this for the first time that a person is applying without SOP.
what do you suggest, should I send them an SOP using the webform, while they are still reviewing?

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hey, Guys my timelines:
Medical passed
VO doesn't know you.. You SOP is ur representative. It can make or break ur application. Must send it.