+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
cant you ask the consultant for your GCKEY login details? Then you can check it yourself. It’s just a username and password
No, he applies for all his clients under that same username. He is a recognized consultant from Canada, so I am not sure he can give gckey to me. So there might be a requirement that they apply for all of their clients in one single gckey account. Because I can see all other applicants I think!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021

aspirantblossom

Sep 14, 2021
So basically there are two portals - one is the representative portal which is issued by the immigration consultant/law firms and the other one is the individual portal (this consists of students applying by themselves or some immigration consultants posing that they are filing the case but it actually put forward as you are filing the case - so your name will reflect on the application update that will be shown). The difference that can be identified of this portal is that when a consultant or law firm uses the representative portal - you are required to sign the representative form giving your consent to apply the application on your behalf. Whilst for the individual portal - there is no such form required to be signed (so you basically come to know the difference if your immigration consultant has applied on the individual or rep portal).

I am speaking the above with experience with two of my applications. the first consultant asked me to sign the repr form and submitted thru their representative portal. However, the second consultant didn't ask me to sign any form for the representative and it was submitted thru the individual portal. So basically you need to be careful how it works when we say that we are applying thru consultants - we need to check with them if they will apply thru which portal

Hope this information helps. This is with my experience, maybe others will have different experiences.

Ref: Representative portal - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html

Reactions: yesWeCanada

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
So basically there are two portals - one is the representative portal which is issued by the immigration consultant/law firms and the other one is the individual portal (this consists of students applying by themselves or some immigration consultants posing that they are filing the case but it actually put forward as you are filing the case - so your name will reflect on the application update that will be shown). The difference that can be identified of this portal is that when a consultant or law firm uses the representative portal - you are required to sign the representative form giving your consent to apply the application on your behalf. Whilst for the individual portal - there is no such form required to be signed (so you basically come to know the difference if your immigration consultant has applied on the individual or rep portal).

I am speaking the above with experience with two of my applications. the first consultant asked me to sign the repr form and submitted thru their representative portal. However, the second consultant didn't ask me to sign any form for the representative and it was submitted thru the individual portal. So basically you need to be careful how it works when we say that we are applying thru consultants - we need to check with them if they will apply thru which portal

Hope this information helps. This is with my experience, maybe others will have different experiences.

Ref: Representative portal - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html
Yes, I have to sign and fill the 'use of representative' form. He is a recognized consultant. I have validated that through the link above and also going directly to their portal and checking if he is there. Also, I had to sign a contract before starting this entire process. So he is genuine and I felt he has done a decent job of the app. But who knows what will happen!

Thanks for the info :)

shaheen syed

Aug 7, 2020
Shaheen. One question please. Last night when u received BVL and after ppr. You only knew that u received ppr when open the msg inbox and download ircc letter or its was writing in inbox Subject PPR or final decision?
Email reminders are just informing you about a new message in your IRCC account. You have to log in to IRCC for details.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Got my PPR!!!!! :D:D:D
It was around 3:00 AM IST, Initially medical was approved, then a little after 10 minutes, they acknowledged my biometrics and then immediately I got my PPR. I really hope there is nothing more after this. I feel bad about expressing my happiness here when you people are still waiting. I really hope this will be the start of good news for all of us. It is time they pick up our applications and it will be all good news ahead. Do not worry.
Details in the signature.
Hi
Congratulations
I want to ask you about when did you apply to your college or university for deferral the semester?
I am asking because I guess it takes at least 10 days to get new Letter of Acceptance from the school.

Thanks

Reactions: shaheen syed