+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

Tabitha87

Sep 14, 2021
I have applied through SDS August 20th, biometrics 23rd… still waiting. I have been notified that CPC EDMONTON is processing mine. I have a conditional LOA on dates!!! I applied through SDS because I trusted on fastest processing times

Reactions: tiandstories

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
I have applied through SDS August 20th, biometrics 23rd… still waiting. I have been notified that CPC EDMONTON is processing mine. I have a conditional LOA on dates!!! I applied through SDS because I trusted on fastest processing times
oh? who informed you that edmonton is the office?

i know right its supposed to be faster but not it seems ircc is very busy with afghanistans applications instead sigh

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
How did you know its CPC Edmonton? We are excited to know this actually :)
SDS maybe faster but not guaranteed. We also thought so based on articles we read. Welcome to the club!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Here is the link that will help; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Its says 11 weeks for outside Canada. So 2.5 months is the average! This is little concerning, it was 9 weeks couple of weeks ago.

mujtaba1997

Sep 14, 2021
To know in which Visa Office your application is just email Canadian Embassy in your country. In my case it was Canada Embassy in Islamabad.
I just asked them to let mr know where my application is currently. Do mention your UCI, DOB, Email, Application No when sending email to embassy

Reactions: Mubashir 112

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
To know in which Visa Office your application is just email Canadian Embassy in your country. In my case it was Canada Embassy in Islamabad.
I just asked them to let mr know where my application is currently. Do mention your UCI, DOB, Email, Application No when sending email to embassy
I’m from Pakistan too doing SDS. Where is our visa office?

Reactions: Rahul Vankwani

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
a few are online already , the rest I’m trying to just get by by reading the slides and doing coursework but I think i should just change classes so they’re all online now

• Sad
Reactions: yesWeCanada

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Here is the link that will help; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Its says 11 weeks for outside Canada. So 2.5 months is the average! This is little concerning, it was 9 weeks couple of weeks ago.
It has been increasing for the last couple of months. It was at 8 weeks, then it stayed at 9 for several weeks, then it was 10 for a couple of weeks and two weeks ago it changed to 11 weeks. Today or tomorrow it should be updated again. Hopefully it stays at 11 weeks or it goes back to 10 weeks but with the situation in Afghanistan I doubt it will. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
but i thought the 11 weeks is for non sds only?
Yes! You are absolutely right... That estimated processing time is for Non SDS applicants. As far as I know, the processing time for SDS applicants should be around 20 days... that's the hole purpose of applying through SDS.

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Yes! You are absolutely right... That estimated processing time is for Non SDS applicants. As far as I know, the processing time for SDS applicants should be around 20 days... that's the hole purpose of applying through SDS.
yes! exactly!

i think if they cant commit to 20 days or busy or whatever then at least put a notice on the sds page and not let all of us still assume that its gonna take only 20 days and yet we have to wait in vain and delay our things sigh!

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
yes! exactly!

i think if they cant commit to 20 days or busy or whatever then at least put a notice on the sds page and not let all of us still assume that its gonna take only 20 days and yet we have to wait in vain and delay our things sigh!
Also, why add more countries to the SDS program if IRCC clearly has a backlog of application that they cannot process on time? You are just adding more workload which means, more processing time for every applicant, SDS or Non SDS.

mujtaba1997

Sep 14, 2021
What I have heard is that they have an annual limit upto which they approve study permits and once that limit is about to reach they start delaying applications.

• Wow
Reactions: yesWeCanada