+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTN 5th Draw Candidates with Less than 600 Points

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
dobes said:
I am going to leave my answer to "Do you have a job offer?" as yes, because I do, and because the question does not ask if I have a VALID job offer, which it could easily do. If it meant only LMIA-supported job offers, it would not need to ask the follow-up question about WHETHER I have an LMIA, but only what the number is.

On the other hand, I changed the amount of funds available from my salary to the amount that is generally the lowest amount in the account - which is still more than necessary.

I can't see how answering the questions the way I did could be considered a misrepresentation. In fact, I think it would be misrepresentation to say that I don't have a job. If I am given an ITA for FSW, I will contact CIC about these points first before accepting the invitation.

Well, do what you gotta do. It's a fact though, and the link we have posted before leaves no room for interpretation. Good luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

vel

Feb 9, 2013
Dear guys,

I just want to add little more information here.Go to the following link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

"The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA."

So if i am working on a permanent position which had a positive LMO(Got the LMO by 2013) and if my current employer was willing to give me a new offer,in that case I don't need a new LMIA in order to apply for PR under Express entry.

Can some one throw some light on this ?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Rosalie87 said:
Well, do what you gotta do. It's a fact though, and the link we have posted before leaves no room for interpretation. Good luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true
That's still leave me one question: I answered yes in that question, then "No" in "Do you have LMIA". I did not get points for arranged employment, and I was asked to register with job bank.

That paragraph seemed to be saying it would grant you 600 points just by saying "yes" in "Do you have a job offer" and will not ask you to register job bank, which isn't the reality.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
I have updated my EE “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” to NO, put my funds below 12,000$ to what I currently have.
Now I only qualify for CEC. For Federal Skilled Worker - Not Met. Before I Met FSW when I had YES to job offer and funds 12k. When I get my funds to 12k I will change this and see if I qualify for FSW.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Auone/other members,

This is a really an eye opener for me since I was sitting with "job Offer" as "Yes" which does not seem to be correct now.

Now even if I change that to "No" and keep the required funds, I would still qualify for both CEC & FSW.

I would prefer to get ITA under CEC for the simple reason that I need not show last 10 years of work-ex references (is it correct that for FSW I need last 10 years of work-ex references and for CEC only Canadian 1 year of work-ex ?). It is difficult for me to get reference of my first job which was 10 years ago.

It sounds a bit odd (actually stupid) that I would need to lower my declared funds to qualify ONLY for CEC.

Is there any other way out ? Auone, any inputs from CIC ?

Thanks,
caimi

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

By going through above discussion , I have selected valid job offer Yes , and no LMIA, becoz mine is ITC (Intra company transfer, LMIA excepmt ) and I showed funds (84k), I am FSW and CEC

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I think this could be the reason.

If you check, to qualify for FSW; you need to score 67/100 points, right?

10 points are for arranged employment. If you read what falls under arrangement employment, there is a row which says that those who are in Canada, have an LMIA exempt work permit and currently working with an employer full time and permanent under that work permit.

So earlier when you answered Yes to that question you got 10 points, which probably took your score above 67 points which made u eligible for fsw, and when u answered No it brought the score below 67, making u ineligible under that class.

I think that is the reason why they ask so many questions step wise - do you have job, is it permanent, do you have LMIA etc. If you look at your profile, it asks you a question whether a positive LMIA was issued for your work permit, we all have answered No, which means we fall under LMIA exempt work permit category.

I still believe we should answer yes to job offer and no to LMIA, otherwise if the first question was an answer to valid job offer (backed by LMIA), there was no need to ask subsequent questions. To answer No to that question just to avoid falling under fsw can be seen as misrepresentation. Rest I think its individual's choice how he/she wants to represent his/her application. Regarding the link that says we should answer No, I definitely believe they mean it for the whole section. There are 10 questions in that section. There is no step by step or question by question sample answer available for any section. Hence in one step they said write No for this section.

That is my rationale and that is how I will keep my answers.

Please read under arranged employment, second row: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Thanks. Can you please confirm this point:

Is there any other difference in CEC and FSW documentation required, other than the Proof of Funds required for FSW ?

specifically - is it correct that for FSW I need last 10 years of work-ex references and for CEC only Canadian 1 year of work-ex ?

-caimi

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
On this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

It clearly says: You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if a Canadian employer has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for at least one year, and that job offer is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA, you should answer “No” and create a Job Seeker account in Job Bank.

I understand we can be confused on the question before checking this answer by CIC. but I don't really worry about misrepresentation by answering "No" to the question even though I am currently working, because I have the obvious back-up which is the link above.

Also by answering "No" to the question, the rest of questions about the NOC code for the permit and etc are omitted, which makes more sense rather than putting my NOC code I am currently working in because it is NOT the one associated with my work permit since it is OWP, which I think can be misrepresentation more if I do so

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Sam05mar2013 said:
Hi All,

By going through above discussion , I have selected valid job offer Yes , and no LMIA, becoz mine is ITC (Intra company transfer, LMIA excepmt ) and I showed funds (84k), I am FSW and CEC
84k !! Holy Moly!!

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Caimi said:
Thanks. Can you please confirm this point:

Is there any other difference in CEC and FSW documentation required, other than the Proof of Funds required for FSW ?

specifically - is it correct that for FSW I need last 10 years of work-ex references and for CEC only Canadian 1 year of work-ex ?

-caimi
I found this document checklist (not through EE but I am pretty sure it will be almost the same) for FSW and CEC
FSW: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf
CEC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

You can compare them but it seems FSW has some more requirements and it does say that it needs references from all employers in the past 10 years while in CEC it does not but only for qualifying work experience.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys,

So I"m a little confused about the foreign work experience points allocation for FSW and Express Entry.

So back home in NZ I"ve worked for 2 different employers (same NOC 2175) and it was both full-time and when switching from Employer A to Employer B , there were no gaps (last day was on Tuesday and 1st day at Employer B was on Wednesday). In total it was just over 2 years combined (2.3 years)

So it seems like for FSW that counts as 2 years.

HOwever i'm hearing reports that for EE, to get points for foreign work experience, it must be continuous and in ONE occupation (employer) only ?

Can anyone verify this please ? Because I don't wanna give false info on my profile.

Thanks.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
ee2015 said:
I found this document checklist (not through EE but I am pretty sure it will be almost the same) for FSW and CEC
FSW: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf
CEC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

You can compare them but it seems FSW has some more requirements and it does say that it needs references from all employers in the past 10 years while in CEC it does not but only for qualifying work experience.
Thank you.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purohit said:
I think this could be the reason.

If you check, to qualify for FSW; you need to score 67/100 points, right?

10 points are for arranged employment. If you read what falls under arrangement employment, there is a row which says that those who are in Canada, have an LMIA exempt work permit and currently working with an employer full time and permanent under that work permit.

So earlier when you answered Yes to that question you got 10 points, which probably took your score above 67 points which made u eligible for fsw, and when u answered No it brought the score below 67, making u ineligible under that class.

I think that is the reason why they ask so many questions step wise - do you have job, is it permanent, do you have LMIA etc. If you look at your profile, it asks you a question whether a positive LMIA was issued for your work permit, we all have answered No, which means we fall under LMIA exempt work permit category.

I still believe we should answer yes to job offer and no to LMIA, otherwise if the first question was an answer to valid job offer (backed by LMIA), there was no need to ask subsequent questions. To answer No to that question just to avoid falling under fsw can be seen as misrepresentation. Rest I think its individual's choice how he/she wants to represent his/her application. Regarding the link that says we should answer No, I definitely believe they mean it for the whole section. There are 10 questions in that section. There is no step by step or question by question sample answer available for any section. Hence in one step they said write No for this section.

That is my rationale and that is how I will keep my answers.

Please read under arranged employment, second row: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
I agree. There is a difference between "a job offer" on the one hand and "a valid job offer" or "an arranged job offer" on the other, and it is a difference that CIC well knows. To say no to whether I have a job offer is a lie. To say yes, if in fact they meant only a job offer supported by an LMIA is not a lie, as I clearly stated that I have no LMIA, and I don't have the 600 points for it. I am hoping that with a yes to job offer and a no to LMIA, my current open work permit job's salary will be enough proof of financial support. I generally do have more than needed in my account anyway, but if I say 'no' to job offer, there is no indication that I am already working in Canada and earning enough to support me and my partner, who is a student.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I agree. There is a difference between "a job offer" on the one hand and "a valid job offer" or "an arranged job offer" on the other, and it is a difference that CIC well knows. To say no to whether I have a job offer is a lie. To say yes, if in fact they meant only a job offer supported by an LMIA is not a lie, as I clearly stated that I have no LMIA, and I don't have the 600 points for it. I am hoping that with a yes to job offer and a no to LMIA, my current open work permit job's salary will be enough proof of financial support. I generally do have more than needed in my account anyway, but if I say 'no' to job offer, there is no indication that I am already working in Canada and earning enough to support me and my partner, who is a student.
Have you checked the link provided above? Isn't the instruction quite clear from that? I mean how can there be doubt after reading those clear cut instructions?

About working in Canada, your work history will show you are currently working in Canada. And if you have enough fund anyways, then there is nothing to worry about. BTW, with CEC, there is no requirement to prove how you will support yourself.