+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTN 5th Draw Candidates with Less than 600 Points

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Auone said:
Caimi,
You are right, for some reason, after ITA, system picks the original profile without any updates. But I think what matters is not what the system picks, rather it's your profile which is "locked" after receiving ITA. To check this, go to your EE profile (The one which shows the status as ITA Received) and view submitted applications. There, you'll see red locks with each category. Click on each category and you'll see your profile with latest updates.
Great observation Auone!

Indeed the 'Transmitted' is in 'red'. I assume this is what you are referring to as 'red locks'. Please correct me if that is not the case.

and if I open the 'Job offer' question, it is updated as 'No'. So, I can assume that my changes were accepted by the system before I got the invite....right ?

Now since the PR application show the default 'Job offer' answer as 'yes', I hope I can change this to 'No' while filling the PR application (docs collection is going to take me a long time though! :'()

Please advise.

Thanks!

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caimi said:
Great observation Auone!

Indeed the 'Transmitted' is in 'red'. I assume this is what you are referring to as 'red locks'. Please correct me if that is not the case.

and if I open the 'Job offer' question, it is updated as 'No'. So, I can assume that my changes were accepted by the system before I got the invite....right ?

Now since the PR application show the default 'Job offer' answer as 'yes', I hope I can change this to 'No' while filling the PR application (docs collection is going to take me a long time though! :'()

Please advise.

Thanks!
Yes that is absolutely correct. And if you notice, you cant make any changes to those categories with red locks. However, you can make changes to your pofile which you receive after ITA. So that strongly indicates that the profile with red locks is the one which CIC will use to compare your profile after application submission.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspiringme said:
Hi everyone..

I need your valuable suggestion regarding choosing Job Title. Does job title need to match with the example titles as listed on the HRSDC website? As in my case the job duties fall under NOC 1311 and I have selected Accounting Bookkeeper as my job title in the EE online application form. Hope, there is no harm if I do so! Or Do I need to mention some different title which is not the exact copy of the HRSDC example titles? Can I rather choose "Accountant" which is a nomenclature for job duties involving accounting work.

Plz guide..
Thanks
I selected the appropriate code and entered the job title which is written on my experience letter. In my case, all my titles match with atleast one of the titles in the long list of titles under each NOC category

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Auone said:
Yes that is absolutely correct. And if you notice, you cant make any changes to those categories with red locks. However, you can make changes to your pofile which you receive after ITA. So that strongly indicates that the profile with red locks is the one which CIC will use to compare your profile after application submission.
awesome. Thanks a ton! :)

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
mazamilam said:
Even when I selected no, I was eligible for both CEC and FSW.
that is exactly what happened to me as well...i am on PGWP and working fulltime over a year now...

i selected 'no' to job offer( eventhough i have one), as it was not a LMIA approved job offer ( since, i am LMIA exempt)
also, i said to have funds of around $12-13,000...

in the end it said i have met criteria for CEC as well asFSW

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
You're welcome
Hi Auone,

First of all thank you for this valuable information from your side. I am working in Canada without LMIA but i am eligible only for FSW it means i need to show funds(obviously) and i need to say "no" when system will ask "do you have job offer"? am i right?

PR4CAN

Sep 20, 2014
I got a new job on contract for 3 months ,I am on open workpermit with no LMIA . do i need to say "yes" to job offer ?

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
PR4CAN said:
I got a new job on contract for 3 months ,I am on open workpermit with no LMIA . do i need to say "yes" to job offer ?
i personally said no, as it not a valid job offer...

"Arranged employmentArranged employment is when you have a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer that has been approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. This job offer can improve your chances of having a federal skilled worker application approved."

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Ok so are we PGWP holders working on invalid jobs? That makes no sense.

And if your primary NOC is different from your foreign work ex NOC, you won't qualify for FSW. Thatswhy many of you even after changing job offer to NO still qualified for FSW.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Hi Auone,

First of all thank you for this valuable information from your side. I am working in Canada without LMIA but i am eligible only for FSW it means i need to show funds(obviously) and i need to say "no" when system will ask "do you have job offer"? am i right?
You're welcome. and yes, you have to say No to job offer question. Yes, you'll have to show the minimum amount of funds to have your application approved.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Ok so are we PGWP holders working on invalid jobs? That makes no sense.

And if your primary NOC is different from your foreign work ex NOC, you won't qualify for FSW. Thatswhy many of you even after changing job offer to NO still qualified for FSW.
My Canadian work experience is NOC 4011, foreigb work experience 6 months 4011 six months 2133. still i qualified for both.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if you have one year of continuous work experience under same NOC, whether inside or outside Canada, you become eligible for FSW

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Auone said:
My Canadian work experience is NOC 4011, foreigb work experience 6 months 4011 six months 2133. still i qualified for both.
Primary NOC that you mention at the beginning in the form. Should be same as what you mention as your "qualifying continuous work exp" while filling work history.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Primary NOC that you mention at the beginning in the form. Should be same as what you mention as your "qualifying continuous work exp" while filling work history.
That is correct. My point is that work experience under primary NOC can be inside or outside Canada. It doesnt have to be foreign only.