+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTN 5th Draw Candidates with Less than 600 Points

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
dobes said:
I agree. There is a difference between "a job offer" on the one hand and "a valid job offer" or "an arranged job offer" on the other, and it is a difference that CIC well knows. To say no to whether I have a job offer is a lie. To say yes, if in fact they meant only a job offer supported by an LMIA is not a lie, as I clearly stated that I have no LMIA, and I don't have the 600 points for it. I am hoping that with a yes to job offer and a no to LMIA, my current open work permit job's salary will be enough proof of financial support. I generally do have more than needed in my account anyway, but if I say 'no' to job offer, there is no indication that I am already working in Canada and earning enough to support me and my partner, who is a student.
You still have an indication that you are already working in Canada by putting information in Work History section. It does not matter even if you answer no to the job offer question. You should read the above I highlighted in bold which CLEARLY says you should answer No when you are currently working but have no LMIA

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
ee2015 said:
You still have an indication that you are already working in Canada by putting information in Work History section. It does not matter even if you answer no to the job offer question. You should read the above I highlighted in bold which CLEARLY says you should answer No when you are currently working but have no LMIA
Hi Auone/ee2015,

Your inputs make complete sense but do we know the real answer of why candidates (incl. Auone) got ITA under FSW while they qualified for CEC & FSW and intended to get ITA under CEC.

Is reducing your available funds the only option to qualify ONLY for CEC and then wait for CEC specific draw. Or do we have some other rationale from CIC sources for why they sent ITA under FSW when probably it should have been under CEC.

Thanks,
caimi

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Caimi said:
Hi Auone/ee2015,

Your inputs make complete sense but do we know the real answer of why candidates (incl. Auone) got ITA under FSW while they qualified for CEC & FSW and intended to get ITA under CEC.

Is reducing your available funds the only option to qualify ONLY for CEC and then wait for CEC specific draw. Or do we have some other rationale from CIC sources for why they sent ITA under FSW when probably it should have been under CEC.

Thanks,
caimi
I am not sure about the reason why CIC would choose FSW over CEC for invitation when people are eligible both. But, the quota for FSW is much bigger,so that can be why.

Auone got an invitation under FSW even with 0 in fund question. As far as I can interpret, this was because Auone answered Yes to the job offer question which is interpreted as "yes" to LMIA in the EE system, and that was why the fund requirement was exempted under FSW so eligible for both CEC and FSW.

I think being eligible for both FSW and CEC is not a bad thing at all. Maybe higher chance to get invited. but it is risky to make yourself eligible for both programs by wrongly answering the questions, which can lead to misrepresentation and miss the chance.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
I am not sure about the reason why CIC would choose FSW over CEC for invitation when people are eligible both. But, the quota for FSW is much bigger,so that can be why.

Auone got an invitation under FSW even with 0 in fund question. As far as I can interpret, this was because Auone answered Yes to the job offer question which is interpreted as "yes" to LMIA in the EE system, and that was why the fund requirement was exempted under FSW so eligible for both CEC and FSW.

I think being eligible for both FSW and CEC is not a bad thing at all. Maybe higher chance to get invited. but it is risky to make yourself eligible for both programs by wrongly answering the questions, which can lead to misrepresentation and miss the chance.
Whatever you have explained about my application is absolutely correct. After declining the ITA, I just changed my answer to THAT question to NO. That was the only change that I made and now I'm eligible for CEC only.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW, CIC has informed applicants that if one qualifies for FSW and CEC, the system sends ITA for FSW by default.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To add to that, regarding PoF, I have only reported what I realistically have. In my updated profule, I have entered $1000 since that is the minimum average balance in my account that is always available. So im not misrepresenting anything.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Auone said:
To add to that, regarding PoF, I have only reported what I realistically have. In my updated profule, I have entered $1000 since that is the minimum average balance in my account that is always available. So im not misrepresenting anything.
Oh, I actually had a question regarding the amount. So let's say my bank account balance was around 5k for most of the time in past 6 months, but was around 2k at some point in the middle and came back to around 5k again. In this case should I put 5k or 2k? I put the lowest for now, but would this be a problem to put less than what I have?

Your advice is appreciated!!

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No sure. I would probably have entered around 3~3.5k since it fluctuates above and below that. but thats just my opinion. again i dont have a clear knowledge abt this.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
ee2015 said:

Thanks Both! Agreed on all point above.

Post this discussion, I have modified 'Job Offer' information to 'No' but I have the required funds. In this case, I still qualify for both CEC & FSW (which is not a bad thing) and as per Auone's post below, I would probably get the ITA under FSW.

I am not sure if showing less funds is the best solution (which seems to be from Auone's case) to qualify for CEC only and wait for ITA under CEC. Is there any other way to influence ITA under CEC ?

To reiterate, the only reason I am looking to qualify under CEC is to save myself from collecting reference letters of last 10 years of work-ex.

Any suggestions ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I made the decision to lower my funds to $5000 which is exactly what I have on hand now.

I have the same points but only eligible for CEC. If I get the other expected funds in a few weeks, great, FSW for me too.

Sick of the ambiguity. Would rather not give myself 6 months of stress over it and be absolutely honest.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Caimi said:
Thanks Both! Agreed on all point above.

Post this discussion, I have modified 'Job Offer' information to 'No' but I have the required funds. In this case, I still qualify for both CEC & FSW (which is not a bad thing) and as per Auone's post below, I would probably get the ITA under FSW.

I am not sure if showing less funds is the best solution (which seems to be from Auone's case) to qualify for CEC only and wait for ITA under CEC. Is there any other way to influence ITA under CEC ?

To reiterate, the only reason I am looking to qualify under CEC is to save myself from collecting reference letters of last 10 years of work-ex.

Any suggestions ?
If you are picked for CEC wont you still have to show reference for work experience that you did outside Canada? Reason being if you put that experience you get extra points because of that, so I think you have to provide reference for that.
For me I qualify only for CEC because I have less funds in my account. I have put Outside Canada work experience of about 2.5yrs even though I have more than 8yrs experience but mostly different unrelated NOCs so I figure am not going to put all this experience as it does not change my total points and getting reference would be a problem.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I have listed all jobs for last 10 years regardless of NOC.

I'm getting references for all.

If it helps, great.

I think I am getting points for UK experience but as long as I get a reference letter then what does it matter?

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Auone/ee2015/all,

So the writing was on the wall!

I changed my 'Valid Job offer' answer to 'No' which was probably the right thing to do. Since i did not lower my funds(it was same as annual Canadian salary), I still qualified for both FSW & CEC.

1 hour after submitting this (and changed showed as transmitted with no change in score), I received my ITA under FSW.

Now in the information that PR application has picked from my EE profile, the 'Valid Job offer' answer is still 'Yes', though in the EE profile, the answer to the same question is 'No'.

query: my question is can I now change this information while submitting the PR application ? There was no change in points by changing the answer from 'Yes' to 'No' in the EE profile.

I personally think I can and I should change this to keep the facts correct. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caimi,
You are right, for some reason, after ITA, system picks the original profile without any updates. But I think what matters is not what the system picks, rather it's your profile which is "locked" after receiving ITA. To check this, go to your EE profile (The one which shows the status as ITA Received) and view submitted applications. There, you'll see red locks with each category. Click on each category and you'll see your profile with latest updates.

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi everyone..

I need your valuable suggestion regarding choosing Job Title. Does job title need to match with the example titles as listed on the HRSDC website? As in my case the job duties fall under NOC 1311 and I have selected Accounting Bookkeeper as my job title in the EE online application form. Hope, there is no harm if I do so! Or Do I need to mention some different title which is not the exact copy of the HRSDC example titles? Can I rather choose "Accountant" which is a nomenclature for job duties involving accounting work.

Plz guide..
Thanks