+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTN 5th Draw Candidates with Less than 600 Points

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Auone said:
To reply to point a), I said Yes to job offer, no to LMIA, funds = 0. qualified for both FSW and CEC.
How did you qualify for FSW if you have less than minimum funds.....

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I am trying to explain. The only way to qualify for FSW without minimum funds is if you have a VALID job offer, a valid job offer means LMIA based job offer.

I mentioned in my profile that I have 0 funds, I have a job offer AND its NOT supported by LMIA. So, technically, the system should only have qualified be for CEC, however, it qualified me for both.

There is a glitch in the EE system.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Auone said:
That's what I am trying to explain. The only way to qualify for FSW without minimum funds is if you have a VALID job offer, a valid job offer means LMIA based job offer.

I mentioned in my profile that I have 0 funds, I have a job offer AND its NOT supported by LMIA. So, technically, the system should only have qualified be for CEC, however, it qualified me for both.

I do not think there is a glitch in the system. Minimum requirements for Federal skilled workers

•in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B)
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011

I could be wrong but it does not say that the above has to have been acquired outside canada.
So if you only put Canadian Experience on your EE and you have NOC skill type (0, A or B) then you do Qualify for FSW and CEC.
I think the reason why when you have funds at 0 and still qualify for FSW is because of the CEC qualification and the fact that you are in Canada and having a job meaning you do not need to show the minimum of 12,000.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
shakashaka said:
I do not think there is a glitch in the system. Minimum requirements for Federal skilled workers

•in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B)
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011

I could be wrong but it does not say that the above has to have been acquired outside canada.
So if you only put Canadian Experience on your EE and you have NOC skill type (0, A or B) then you do Qualify for FSW and CEC.
I think the reason why when you have funds at 0 and still qualify for FSW is because of the CEC qualification and the fact that you are in Canada and having a job meaning you do not need to show the minimum of 12,000.
The minimum fund requirement is exempted under FSW only when with LMIA...

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:

Interesting... I don't consider it a glitch, rather a tricky question. Whenever you read 'Valid job offer' in the cic site you have to remember that it means that the job offer you have is backed by an LMIA to make it valid. So if you are answering 'Yes' but with no lmia just to open up the LMIA-exempt questions that pop up, then you are misrepresenting yourself because you don't have a valid job offer. When ITA arrives and CIC asks for you valid job offer you claimed you had on EE and you have no LMIA then it can be considered misrepresentation and a ban of 5 year from applying to PR. The only way you can say yes to that question is if you have and LMIA. Valid Job Offer=LMIA. No LMIA=no valid job offer even if you are offered the role of CEO of TD bank.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
But the question is not do you have a valid job offer. The question is do you have a job offer.

If the question was for valid job offer why will it open another question - Is it supported by lmia? Isn't that same question.

If you answer no to job offer and you have one isn't that misrepresentation.

Also CEC candidates have to put in their salary in minimum funds required. If you put 0 to avoid fsw is that not misrepresentation?

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Hi, this site should clarify the Yes/No issue:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

The question is weird and it's annoying that they don't specify what kind of job offer they are asking about. But it's now clear and there is NO DOUBT that by "Do you have a job offer" they mean an LMIA supported job offer and nothing else.

Face it and just reply No, folks. You don't get points anyway and they don't care for any job offers we have apart from LMIA supported ones.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
purohit said:
But the question is not do you have a valid job offer. The question is do you have a job offer.

If the question was for valid job offer why will it open another question - Is it supported by lmia? Isn't that same question.

If you answer no to job offer and you have one isn't that misrepresentation.

Also CEC candidates have to put in their salary in minimum funds required. If you put 0 to avoid fsw is that not misrepresentation?
Do you mean salary/year? CEC candidates can just put in the amount they have in their bank account, which means the amount that you can prove.

For job offer questions, I thought the same way as you and the way CIC designed the questions is very confusing and misleading. but now it clearly states on the CIC website that we should only put "Yes" to the job offer questions only when have LMIA.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
ee2015 said:
The minimum fund requirement is exempted under FSW only when with LMIA...
Not necessary true it could be a LMIA Exempt Job see below

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:
•for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
•for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
•skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:
a.the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
b.you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and •you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
•you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
•your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:
•has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
•has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, essentially it says LMIA is required!

Anyhow, I have rejected my ITA, revised my profile, said no to job offer and put my funds as $1000. And now I qualify for CEC only.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rosalie87 said:
Hi, this site should clarify the Yes/No issue:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

The question is weird and it's annoying that they don't specify what kind of job offer they are asking about. But it's now clear and there is NO DOUBT that by "Do you have a job offer" they mean an LMIA supported job offer and nothing else.

Face it and just reply No, folks. You don't get points anyway and they don't care for any job offers we have apart from LMIA supported ones.
+1 Rosalie for providing source. Case closed, no lmia=no job offer.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
+1 Rosalie for providing source. Case closed, no lmia=no job offer.
Hey +1 me too, I provided the same link onbpage 1 of this thread :p

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Auone said:
Hey +1 me too, I provided the same link onbpage 1 of this thread :p
Haha, sorry, at least everyone got the point now ;)

+1 for you too

And good job on declining the ITA. It was a horrrible moment wasn't it? After all the waiting. But I'm sure they'll invite us again and then we'll do it right!! Good luck!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to leave my answer to "Do you have a job offer?" as yes, because I do, and because the question does not ask if I have a VALID job offer, which it could easily do. If it meant only LMIA-supported job offers, it would not need to ask the follow-up question about WHETHER I have an LMIA, but only what the number is.

On the other hand, I changed the amount of funds available from my salary to the amount that is generally the lowest amount in the account - which is still more than necessary.

I can't see how answering the questions the way I did could be considered a misrepresentation. In fact, I think it would be misrepresentation to say that I don't have a job. If I am given an ITA for FSW, I will contact CIC about these points first before accepting the invitation.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rosalie87 said:
Haha, sorry, at least everyone got the point now ;)

+1 for you too

And good job on declining the ITA. It was a horrrible moment wasn't it? After all the waiting. But I'm sure they'll invite us again and then we'll do it right!! Good luck!
Lolz thnx!

Yeah, why I felt really bad, but hey, you never know, we might get ITA tomorrow. Better to wait now rather than having to re-submit the whole application again.