+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI guys so if j am gonna study comp sci bsc for 4 years from a top public university in Ontario which is also in top 150 in world ranking for sep intake, are my chances of getting a visa approval high?
Not necessarily but you have a better chance esp if U of W. You need letter of attestation, funds, reasons to take program and justify costs with career opportunities in home country etc.

dkid019

Jan 30, 2024
We are accepted at Centennial College too for May intake. We passed our application before the announcement was made and we've already paid the tuition fee. We also did the biometrics and Upfront medical too.

Question is, are we gonna be affected by the new rules still? Also her medical status updated to passed while mine is still hanging. I am applying for OWP while my wife is a 2 year courser, she was emailed yesterday abput the attestation letter requirement also by the college. What are your thoughts on this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are accepted at Centennial College too for May intake. We passed our application before the announcement was made and we've already paid the tuition fee. We also did the biometrics and Upfront medical too.

Question is, are we gonna be affected by the new rules still? Also here medical updated to passed while mine is still hanging. I am applying for OWP while my wife is a 2 year courser, she was emailed yesterday abput the attestation letter requirement also by the college. What are your thoughts on this?
So have you applied for permit? If so, you are not eligible for SOWP and need letter of attestation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what permit are you asking? as i've said our papers were completed and submitted before the announcement was made.
So if you have your approved study and work permit then you are fine. If you applied before announcement have yet to receive a response, you wait for the outcome.

dkid019

Jan 30, 2024
So if you have your approved study and work permit then you are fine. If you applied before announcement have yet to receive a response, you wait for the outcome.
the wait is killing us, my medical info has yet to change status. apart from the medical and biometrics, what else will change status in the checklist? btw we aren't approved yet, we just passed the application before the announcement was made.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the wait is killing us, my medical info has yet to change status. apart from the medical and biometrics, what else will change status in the checklist? btw we aren't approved yet, we just passed the application before the announcement was made.
So all you can do is wait. Processing is around 10 weeks.

Reactions: dkid019

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
we applied january 20th but centennial college still requires me an attestation letter
What business is the school with “attestation”? Or are you joking here? The attestation procedure is yet to be confirmed yet, and the school is already demanding for it?

omogroy

Jan 31, 2024
Hello everyone, I am applying to a graduate diploma program at MUN...although it was stated that MA, PHD or other "post-graduate programs" are exempted on the announcement. I am confused, do I still require an attestation letter?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I am applying to a graduate diploma program at MUN...although it was stated that MA, PHD or other "post-graduate programs" are exempted on the announcement. I am confused, do I still require an attestation letter?
Most likely you do.

kenzolala

Jan 31, 2024
I have a post graduate diploma admission at conestoga college September intake do I need an attestation letter, will my spouse will be able to get open work permit and am I going to be eligible for pgwp at the end of my program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a post graduate diploma admission at conestoga college September intake do I need an attestation letter, will my spouse will be able to get open work permit and am I going to be eligible for pgwp at the end of my program?
Ask the college. Believe Fanshawe is asking for them. Spouse will not be eligible for work permit. PGWP requirements have not changed.

Last edited: