+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP) - Timelines and Queries

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi All,

Finally, I caught hold of an IRCC rep(LOL) last week. But even coercing the agent to give a rough idea of processing times(LOL) all that agent told is individual application processing times are not known at this point but (understanding my frustration) was told that for those whose applications status says received at CIC (I pronounce it as SICK) sydney office, there application package is lying in the mailroom and is yet to be opened and check for completeness. NS is slowly resuming its businesses as normal so let’s hope we all will hear at some point this month or next month. Please do share if you get your AOR. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: mouha2017

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi All. Considering the potential delays in response to paper applications at present and in near future, I would like to discuss and seek an opinion if anyone in this group is considering withdrawing AIGP application and re-applying under CEC? or has already done that?

mouha2017

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All. Considering the potential delays in response to paper applications at present and in near future, I would like to discuss and seek an opinion if anyone in this group is considering withdrawing AIGP application and re-applying under CEC? or has already done that?
What is the diffirence between AIGP and CEC in term of processing time?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
What is the diffirence between AIGP and CEC in term of processing time?
Processing times are showing 6 months for both AIPP and CEC but due to current siutation IRCC has clearly stated that processing times cannot be determined for individual applications for all streams. I believe that's not true, CEC queue seems to be moving faster in terms of processing because its EE+completely online. Two of my friends applied after me in Feb and Mar respectively under CEC, their background check has started in Apr and May respectively, They passed their medicals within a month of AOR (which is the same day they submitted their application online) and only one of them got biometrics request. I did confront the IRCC Rep on phone about varying processing times for the two streams and they couldn't answer my questions.

I will complete my 6 months processing time for my application next month. So I think paper applications are pushed for another 6 months to a year until there are public health protocols to be followed at all the offices and there's is no way to determine how paper applications for each of the program areas will be prioritized or processed. CPC Syndey is already understaffed and now working with reduced staff since 16 Mar 2020.

PS: CEC is one of the streams under Express Entry and requires min 1 year work experience in Canada under NOC 0, A, B.

Last edited:

mouha2017

Mar 21, 2017
Processing times are showing 6 months for both AIPP and CEC but due to current siutation IRCC has clearly stated that processing times will differ for all streams. I believe that's not true, CEC queue seems to be moving faster in terms of processing because its completely online. Two of my friends applied after me in Feb and Mar respectively under CEC, their background check has started in Apr and May respectively, They passed their medicals within a month of AOR (which they received within a week's time) and only one of them got biometrics request. I did confront the IRCC Rep on phone about varying processing times for the two streams and they couldn't answer my questions.

I will complete my 6 months processing time for my application next month. So I think paper applications are pushed for another 6 months to a year until there are public health protocols to be followed at all the offices and there's is no way to determine how paper applications for each of the program areas will be prioritized or processed. IRCC is already understaffed and now working with reduced staff since 16 Mar 2020.

PS: CEC is one of the streams under Express Entry and requires min 1 year work experience in Canada under NOC 0, A, B.
Unfortunately, i don't have a 1 year work experience in Canada to apply under CEC :(
Good luck

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Important Update:

So I reached out to the HR from my organization to find out if the IRCC officer assigned to my employer account can provide any updates regarding the processing of my application. I received a reply from my HR stating that no updates will be made available before end of August. If there will be a second wave of COIVD cases (which is expected) and the public health protocols continue in NS then further delay is expected.

I hope this will help some of you to explore other avenues.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Important Update:

So I reached out to the HR from my organization to find out if the IRCC officer assigned to my employer account can provide any updates regarding the processing of my application. I received a reply from my HR stating that no updates will be made available before end of August. If there will be a second wave of COIVD cases (which is expected) and the public health protocols continue in NS then further delay is expected.

Thanks for giving us a heads up. I don't understand why they are so conservative and cautious. Why can't some alternate workplace arrangements be made, if they haven't, so that applications can be progressed albeit at a slower pace?

mouha2017

Mar 21, 2017
Important Update:

All we can do is to be patient

mouha2017

Mar 21, 2017
IRCC : As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all visitor visa, transit visa and electronic travel authorization (AVE) applications submitted online. Given current travel restrictions, most people cannot travel to Canada at this time.

We are still processing online study and work permit applications, and permanent resident applications. Paper requests for visitor visas and study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

Jul 18, 2020
@intl_stu Hello, I am currently in NB and working in an IT company. I am planning to apply for AIGP but I am a little bit confused. Have you got any updates on your application? As you mentioned that the update will not be made until the end of August. So, I am thinking of waiting till next May and then apply for CEC. As currently, I am planning to apply for the endorsement in August, but even after getting the endorsement looks like files are not moving further. I do not want to get stuck here in NB. So, please let me know if you can shed some light on it. Thanks

Last edited:

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
@intl_stu Hello, I am currently in NB and working in an IT company. I am planning to apply for AIGP but I am a little bit confused. Have you got any updates on your application? As you mentioned that the update will not be made until the end of August. So, I am thinking of waiting till next May and then apply for CEC. As currently, I am planning to apply for the endorsement in August, but even after getting the endorsement looks like files are not moving further. I do not want to get stuck here in NB. So, please let me know if you can shed some light on it. Thanks
Hi

Most of the paper applications are not processed beginning end of Jan 2020. Only those who received AORs are seeing some progress. There are no updates on my application since its been received. A lot of people are giving a lot of theories that the staff is not there, certain occupations are prioritized etc. but at ground level none of us know what's happening.

I would suggest you to gain one year experience if you are already working in Canada and then apply under CEC. My other friends who were single applicants and applied in Feb 2020 under CEC got their PR in 4 months. Its definitely less frustrating because everything is online unlike AIPP, Express Entry has 6 months processing time commitment and moreover even if its delayed for biometrics your other stages will be cleared by then. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Scotians19
Jul 18, 2020
Hi

Most of the paper applications are not processed beginning end of Jan 2020. Only those who received AORs are seeing some progress. There are no updates on my application since its been received. A lot of people are giving a lot of theories that the staff is not there, certain occupations are prioritized etc. but at ground level none of us know what's happening.

I would suggest you to gain one year experience if you are already working in Canada and then apply under CEC. My other friends who were single applicants and applied in Feb 2020 under CEC got their PR in 4 months. Its definitely less frustrating because everything is online unlike AIPP, Express Entry has 6 months processing time commitment and moreover even if its delayed for biometrics your other stages will be cleared by then. I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot, man. I have surely deviated from my AIGP plan. Are you working in an IT company?

DipaReza

Jul 22, 2018
Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I am creating this thread for the benefit of all the graduate students in Atlantic Provinces who are planning to apply or have already applied and received Permanent Residency through Atlantic International Graduate Program(AIGP). The two primary reasons are to help and support each other as much as possible and the second reason is that I couldn't find a dedicated thread for AIGP.

Please share your timelines and answer queries from your experiences to help your fellow graduates across the Atlantic provinces.

For timelines, you can use the following format:
1. Endorsement Application Date:
2. Endorsement Approval Date:
3. PR Application Date:
4. AOR Date:
5. Medical Request Date:
6. Medical Approval Date:
7. Pre-Arrival/COPR:
8. Interview Request:

Please feel free to add if I have missed anything above.

Let's help each other.

P.S.: I am just another grad student like you, in the process of applying for my PR.
Hi! I didn't understand this line in the AIGP requirement -> "have lived in an Atlantic province for at least 16 months in the 2 years before getting your degree, diploma or credential " Does it mean that I have to have lived there for 16 out of the 24 months (course duration) or prior to starting the course? Any help will be highly appreciated. Totally new at this and trying to find my way about. :)

yxyx

Feb 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am about to let my employer to submit endorsement application for AIGP and read many posts about long processing time for Pilot Program. I was wondering does anyone know the processing time for endorsement?

I will gain one year experience in Feb 2021, should I just give up AIPP and apply under Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry at that time? Experience EE will add 600 pts for me as it is Provincial Nominee Porgram. Or should I apply endorsement now and withdraw it if there is no update on Feb 2021?

Thanks for your help in advance.