+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP) - Timelines and Queries

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hey everyone, I have a pending provincial endorsement application and I just get a job in my field. I initially joined the current company because I just wanna get my PR first but my new job is just too good to let go.
My question, what will be faith if I end up getting my endorsement approved after leaving my employer. I am not able to withdraw my application because the app withdrawal button is now removed. Any heads up or advise on this will be appreciated. Regards

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hey everyone, I have a pending provincial endorsement application and I just get a job in my field. I initially joined the current company because I just wanna get my PR first but my new job is just too good to let go.
My question, what will be faith if I end up getting my endorsement approved after leaving my employer. I am not able to withdraw my application because the app withdrawal button is now removed. Any heads up or advise on this will be appreciated. Regards
In my opinion, if you change jobs, you will not be able to apply with the current organization's "confirmation of endorsement" letter because when you will submit your PR application, you have to submit original Offer of Employment from your employer (IMM5650 form) who has endorsed you.

So if you change jobs, your prospective employer will have to re-submit your endorsement application again provided they are designated employer under AIPP.

Since, it is an employer driven immigration program, I am not sure about the reporting between the employer and provincial immigration offices about the endorsed employees in good standing but reading through the future steps of the AIPP PR application processing, the confirmation of endorsement is validated against the provincial endorsement register which is apparently shared between provincial immigration office and cic. So if you are not found in that list, your application may get returned or rejected.

Considering, you have enough time with your PGWP, the current response time and processing times of AIPP, your new job offer which is too good to be let go then you should consider other immigration programs like Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry and Canadian Experience Class.

I hope this helps.

P.S.: I am not an expert, solely my opinion.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hello All, Anybody heard anything further on their applications, any AORs, ADRs, Approvals???? Please share your experience.

westlake

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello All, Anybody heard anything further on their applications, any AORs, ADRs, Approvals???? Please share your experience.
HI, Did you received your AOR, I mailed 28th Jan, they received 30th Jan, nothing yet, still waiting...... how are about your?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
HI, Did you received your AOR, I mailed 28th Jan, they received 30th Jan, nothing yet, still waiting...... how are about your?
I submitted a web form and received a response that processing time will potentially take time due to limited operations at the moment. The usual processing time kicks in the day they receive the application and if the application is complete then 90 days to receive an AOR.

westlake

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I submitted a web form and received a response that processing time will potentially take time due to limited operations at the moment. The usual processing time kicks in the day they receive the application and if the application is complete then 90 days to receive an AOR.
Thank you for your reply! Keep in touch!

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Anyone still waiting for their nomination endorsement? My province is NL. It has been three months now since my employer submitted mine.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Anyone still waiting for their nomination endorsement? My province is NL. It has been three months now since my employer submitted mine.
Your employer should follow up with the provincial immigration office directly or if you have the AOR then you can also call or email them to follow up. Although I know that most of the government offices are working with limited operations, delays are expected in processing applications.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Your employer should follow up with the provincial immigration office directly or if you have the AOR then you can also call or email them to follow up. Although I know that most of the government offices are working with limited operations, delays are expected in processing applications.
Thanks. I have since contacted my assigned officer and received an update from him/her.

Reactions: intl_stu

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
Hi, I am new here, may I know if I will be qualified to submit PR application after my 2 years studies + an one year/permanent job offer from any AIPP designated employers? Or, I can submit application after the one year contract? With the AIPP Graduate Program (AIGP), do we need to gain highest score like EE or other PNP programs in order to be chosen? Thanks for your help!

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, I am new here, may I know if I will be qualified to submit PR application after my 2 years studies + an one year/permanent job offer from any AIPP designated employers? Or, I can submit application after the one year contract? With the AIPP Graduate Program (AIGP), do we need to gain highest score like EE or other PNP programs in order to be chosen? Thanks for your help!
Hi,

I would recommend you to start with the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5497-atlantic-immigration-pilot-program-atlantic-international-graduate-program.html

Thanks

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks intl_tu
yes, I did check this website, it looks like I am eligible if I finished my 2 years post-secondary education in Atlantic provinces + get an one year permanent job offer from designate employers; however, it didn't mentioned if I need to finished the one year work before I can submit AND it didn't say how they choose applicant. Does it mean everyone eligible will get a chance to get PR and no need to gain high score like Express Entry or PNP's EOI score system? Please help, thanks.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks intl_tu
yes, I did check this website, it looks like I am eligible if I finished my 2 years post-secondary education in Atlantic provinces + get an one year permanent job offer from designate employers; however, it didn't mentioned if I need to finished the one year work before I can submit AND it didn't say how they choose applicant. Does it mean everyone eligible will get a chance to get PR and no need to gain high score like Express Entry or PNP's EOI score system? Please help, thanks.
AIPP is independent of EE and is not based on CRS score, it is employer driven immigration program. There are three streams under AIPP and AIGP is one of them. After you complete your education in any one of the Atlantic provinces namely, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Islands and also secure a job with a designated employer (list is available on individual province immigration website) in one of these provinces, then your employer will submit your endorsement application to the provincial immigration office (this application processing could take from 3 weeks to 6 months or more). After you receive your confirmation of endorsement, you will be further instructed to submit your completed immigration paper application along with endorsement to IRCC. For AIGP, work experience is not mandatory but you will require General IELTS score equivalent to level 4 in the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). After your application is received by CIC, it may take 6 months to a year or more to process your application. If you look at the eligibility comparison table, there are two other streams and you can check the eligibility criteria to apply but endorsement from an employer is common for all three streams.

Reactions: gta88

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
AIPP is independent of EE and is not based on CRS score, it is employer driven immigration program. There are three streams under AIPP and AIGP is one of them. After you complete your education in any one of the Atlantic provinces namely, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Islands and also secure a job with a designated employer (list is available on individual province immigration website) in one of these provinces, then your employer will submit your endorsement application to the provincial immigration office (this application processing could take from 3 weeks to 6 months or more). After you receive your confirmation of endorsement, you will be further instructed to submit your completed immigration paper application along with endorsement to IRCC. For AIGP, work experience is not mandatory but you will require General IELTS score equivalent to level 4 in the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). After your application is received by CIC, it may take 6 months to a year or more to process your application. If you look at the eligibility comparison table, there are two other streams and you can check the eligibility criteria to apply but endorsement from an employer is common for all three streams.

Thanks very much @intl_tu You are very helpful and informative, are you an AIPP applicant? Hope I can be an applicant one day but first I need to get into a college or uni first, I still have a long way to go, thanks again!

Reactions: intl_stu