+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP) - Timelines and Queries

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Thanks very much @intl_tu You are very helpful and informative, are you an AIPP applicant? Hope I can be an applicant one day but first I need to get into a college or uni first, I still have a long way to go, thanks again!
AIPP has been extended once and is currently valid till December 2021... not sure you will be able to make it or not in case it is discontinued..

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Applied in NL.

1. Endorsement Application Date: Jan 13th
2. Endorsement Approval Date: May 4th
3. PR Application Date:
4. AOR Date:
5. Medical Request Date:
6. Medical Approval Date:
7. Pre-Arrival/COPR:
8. Interview Request:

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
I submitted a web form and received a response that processing time will potentially take time due to limited operations at the moment. The usual processing time kicks in the day they receive the application and if the application is complete then 90 days to receive an AOR.
For your PR application, did you include two photos for each member of your family such as parents and siblings? I am single, never married and have no common law partner or children.. I am not sure if photos of parents and siblings are necessary

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
AIPP has been extended once and is currently valid till December 2021... not sure you will be able to make it or not in case it is discontinued..
Yes, that's one concern but I don't have many choices :( btw, do you know if AIPP discontinue until I finish my study, are there any other program for international graduate in Atlantic provinces? Like Manitoba has specific pnp program for international graduate to apply?

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Yes, that's one concern but I don't have many choices :( btw, do you know if AIPP discontinue until I finish my study, are there any other program for international graduate in Atlantic provinces? Like Manitoba has specific pnp program for international graduate to apply?
NL PNP International graduate category

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
For your PR application, did you include two photos for each member of your family such as parents and siblings? I am single, never married and have no common law partner or children.. I am not sure if photos of parents and siblings are necessary
If they are included as applicants in your application then yes, their photos are required to be sent with the application otherwise no.

Chirayu189

Jun 13, 2018
That's too bad that PEI doesn't have one for international graduate, thank you!
Hii there viennay, for this Atlantic International Graduate Program it is written that intntl graduates have to complete 2 year study program. so what if I complete 1+1 study progm in one of the atlantic provinces. In that case am I eligible to apply under Atlantic Intntl Graduate Progm? If u can plzz enlighten me on this query!?

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
Hii there viennay, for this Atlantic International Graduate Program it is written that intntl graduates have to complete 2 year study program. so what if I complete 1+1 study progm in one of the atlantic provinces. In that case am I eligible to apply under Atlantic Intntl Graduate Progm? If u can plzz enlighten me on this query!?
Hi Chirayu189, I am not familiar with the program too, so, I can't answer. Let's wait and see if any other expert or experienced applicant would help!

Drile2020

Mar 25, 2020
Applied in PEI.

1. Endorsement Application Date: 27 Nov 2019
2. Endorsement Approval Date: 17 Dec 2019
3. PR Application Date: 24 Dec 2019
4. AOR Date: 4 Mar 2020
5. Medical Request Date: 4 Mar 2020
6. Medical Approval Date: 5 Mar 2020
7. Pre-Arrival/COPR: -
8. Interview Request: -

Reactions: intl_stu

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi Chirayu,

Usually, an undergrad and graduate level degrees vary in length, 4 and 2 years respectively. The requirement says at least 2 years which is based on the official length of a program issued by the university. I didn't completely get you when you said 1+1, if you meant 2 diplomas of 1 year each then this is a unique situation, I would suggest to reach out to one of the provincial immigration offices and they will respond to you with a legit response. All the best!

Reactions: Chirayu189

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks very much @intl_tu You are very helpful and informative, are you an AIPP applicant? Hope I can be an applicant one day but first I need to get into a college or uni first, I still have a long way to go, thanks again!
You might also want to read about Nova Scotia Express Entry program, it a new program, it works like PNP+Express Entry but is exclusively for those who have completed 1 year of work experience in Nova Scotia. But please read the fine prints of the eligibility of any program you want to consider, it's changing quite frequently these days.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Do I need to obtain police clearance from my home country again, to apply for inland International graduate stream?

I have got my police clearance from home country before 2 years. Is it required to renew again?

And is it required to show proof of funds for this stream while having a valid job offer?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Do I need to obtain police clearance from my home country again, to apply for inland International graduate stream?

I have got my police clearance from home country before 2 years. Is it required to renew again?

And is it required to show proof of funds for this stream while having a valid job offer?
Police Clearance Certificates are usually valid for 6 months so you will have to get one for your home country. For AIGP, showing funds is not mandatory if you are already living and working in Canada but there's no harm in showing if you have, check below for the amount by family size: http://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/proof-funds.html

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi Chirayu,

Usually, an undergrad and graduate level degrees vary in length, 4 and 2 years respectively. The requirement says at least 2 years which is based on the official length of a program issued by the university. I didn't completely get you when you said 1+1, if you meant 2 diplomas of 1 year each then this is a unique situation, I would suggest to reach out to one of the provincial immigration offices and they will respond to you with a legit response. All the best!
While looking for something, I found that they have added a note in the Accelerated Studies section which says that 2 years education should be from one single institute.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/eligibility-international-graduates.html

Reactions: Sen88