+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATHE or OTHM Qualification

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
Academic transcripts mean your degree or diploma (but does not include professional certificates like CA or CMA). WES process is smooth, once you have all the documents you can go to their website and follow instructions there (there are many videos on YouTube as well). If you're in Pakistan, just go to HEC office and ask them about "WES process"; they will hold your hand and walk you step by step (most of the process is online anyways).
do you think they will evaluate this OTHM level 7 diploma in occupational health and safety management as it is a professional diploma of 120 credits.

also please tell me will they ask level 6 diploma or any documents to support this level 7 diploma evaluation ??

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
I have already responded you that they ONLY need the last degree without the need to send all documents from kindergarten.

EDIT: OTHM L7 diploma is not a professional certificate; they will evaluate it BUT better combine with a degree if you want a meaningful ECA.

Baaghee

Jan 2, 2022
@MeThree Has anyone told you that you're a genius? This is an excellent way to get 30 points, a pathway to immigration.

I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

1. Does it really take 4-7 months to complete a Level 7 Strategic Management Diploma from OTHM? I researched a bit and it seems that it's an assignment based program.

2. What is the fee for the entire program?

3. Does WES evaluate it as a 1 year PG diploma so one could choose two or more equivalency in EE even if you complete it in under 6 months?

4. What is the enrollment process like? Open enrollment? Meaning I could start right away?

5. Are there other options like OTHM but better?

Thanks in advance, I tried researching their website but didn't find the fee structure listed.

Much appreciated.

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Has anyone told you that you're a genius?
No, they make fun of me instead :)

1. Does it really take 4-7 months to complete a Level 7 Strategic Management Diploma from OTHM?
As a full-time student, maybe possible under 7 months but criteria is tough. Course work is assessed twice, once by the authorized center internally then by the awarding authority externally. e.g. ATHE or OTHM. Level 7 Extended course is 7 assignments + 30 modules and I'd say not for the faint hearted and not a copy-paste happy go lucky stuff. Furthermore, I know people stuck in the course 2 years straight. Speaking about myself, I managed to complete it in 10 months from ATHE with my full-time job (10 months mean I worked towards the course like a lunatic as I am already late in deciding to pursue immigration).

I researched a bit and it seems that it's an assignment based program.
Yes, it's distance learning unless you join a school who require/provide coaching which is usually optional.

2. What is the fee for the entire program?
Varies by school and the facilities they provide you to complete the course, e.g. tutor support or not, etc.

3. Does WES evaluate it as a 1 year PG diploma so one could choose two or more equivalency in EE even if you complete it in under 6 months?
Completion of duration doesn't matter. WES and Australians evaluate L7 PGD equivalent to their PGD whether you complete it in 6 months or 5 years. However, their evaluation is in the capacity of 'diploma' not a degree hence getting PGD evaluated alone won't serve any purpose IMO (Google difference between diploma and degree).

4. What is the enrollment process like? Open enrollment? Meaning I could start right away?
Yes, start anytime you want and finish anytime you can/want (my school had a max period of 3 years to complete before all work is considered as 'lapse or null'). I had good experience with them and can happily refer you (PM me if you wish to).

5. Are there other options like OTHM but better?
Explore ATHE, eventually are both authorized institutions. Just ensure the course you enroll is recognized via OfQual webiste in their "regulated qualifications" section.

Thanks in advance
, Welcome. I am happy to guide and don't mind answering but can't do hand holding so GIYBF (Google it if you don't know).

PS: Ignore my typos, I am not proof reading my response. Thanks

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Small update. Received my MBA degree (attained via PGD route) and WES evaluation thereon. They awarded full masters per Canadian system so it's a great feeling of achievement. Now time for another attempt to raise EOI for FSWW and PNP in early 40s; chances are grim but let's see!

Jatt23

Nov 30, 2021
Hi all,

Small update about my WES evaluation that my ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma was evaluated as one year postgraduate diploma in ECA. Verbatim outcome:

"Diploma (two years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"

Diploma details:
1,200 study hours (worth 120 credit hours) in strategic management. I will be happy to guide interest people, PM me.

Edit:
Now I am stuck in creating EE profile, no choice that closely relates to ECA outcome
https://ibb.co/GF2gd01
Can you guide. Did u submitted only level 7 diploma or also previous course As well ?

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
You only send highest award achieved. This is mentioned clearly on WES website. Also, if you have read my responses here (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/athe-or-othm-qualification.676670/post-9886531), I don't see a point in getting PGD evaluated alone. Better top-up to full masters then proceed. A diploma is not the same as a degree.
hi brother

what if we add 3 years degree with this evaluated PGD from wes to get two or more certificate points?

plz assist

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Hi, please read point # 3 of my post here: (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/athe-or-othm-qualification.676670/post-9886531),
hi brother

what if we add 3 years degree with this evaluated PGD from wes to get two or more certificate points?

plz assist
Hi, with 3 years bachelors degree I can think you will be able to claim:

"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

tydeninioluwa

Oct 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to do a level 4 Nox Vidmate VLC extended diploma from either ATHE or OTHM UK.

I would like to know if either is accepted by WES for points. Also what is equivalency i would get if i have a level 4 extended diploma from WES.

I already have a bachelors and i am targeting the two or more criteria set out by IRCC

Feed backs are highly appreciated.
I have done a 4 years bachelors and now I am interested in applying for express entry, someone has suggested me to opt for OTHM diploma in strategic management NQF level 7 to meet my points, I would like to know the acceptability of this diploma by WES

Last edited:

aboishak86

Aug 22, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am seeking your support and advice on this complex topic. I did WES equivalency of my 5 years Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering (equivalent of 4 years), currently I am enrolled in ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management (120 credit) and wondering if that will add points to my profile or not? What would be the result of equivalency?

Moharasa

Mar 6, 2023
I have completed my PGD diploma in strategy Marketing .Do I need IELTS for MBA Top up? Can I apply top up MBA in Canada university?

nsiah6

Mar 19, 2023
Small update. Received my MBA degree (attained via PGD route) and WES evaluation thereon. They awarded full masters per Canadian system so it's a great feeling of achievement. Now time for another attempt to raise EOI for FSWW and PNP in early 40s; chances are grim but let's see!
Hi there, I am now considering starting the OTHM or ATHE level 6 extended diploma with an institution here in Ghana. I need more clarity as you already have the experience. From enquiry, is it true the level 6 diploma is equivalent to a first degree even though I am doing it straight out of high school with more work experience (7 years experience), or do I need a four year degree to back it up if I want to purse a masters in Canada after the 1year level 6 extended diploma program?

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Hi @nsiah6,

Things may have changed a bit. In my times, there was no extended Level 6 (L6) diploma, and we had two variants of L7 diplomas being extended 120 hours and the other one probably 60 or 90 (can't remember). You can check the progression routes at ATHE website by university to see if you will be eligible for MBA Top-Up (eventually, it depends on partnering university):

https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/

Hope this helps.