+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATHE or OTHM Qualification

Ninja76

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to do a level 4 extended diploma from either ATHE or OTHM UK.

I would like to know if either is accepted by WES for points. Also what is equivalency i would get if i have a level 4 extended diploma from WES.

I already have a bachelors and i am targeting the two or more criteria set out by IRCC

Feed backs are highly appreciated.

Reactions: TryHard619

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey man, I spoke to you before. Msg me so I can guide you and help you with what you need.
I've been in your shoes. good luck

Arun prasath

Feb 6, 2020
Bro extended diploma in ATHE level and OTHM level 4 both are same ryt ? In terms of recognition

Coz both 1200 study hours, 120 credits and equivalent to 1st year degree.

Mahamsaqib

Jul 13, 2020
Hi can you please guide me on the following
I have done a 4 years bachelors and now I am interested in applying for express entry, someone has suggested me to opt for OTHM diploma in strategic management NQF level 7 to meet my points, I would like to know the acceptability of this diploma by WES

Thank you

Mahamsaqib

Jul 13, 2020
Hey man, I spoke to you before. Msg me so I can guide you and help you with what you need.
I've been in your shoes. good luck

I have done a 4 years bachelors and now I am interested in applying for express entry, someone has suggested me to opt for OTHM diploma in strategic management NQF level 7 to meet my points, I would like to know the acceptability of this diploma by WES

Thank you

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
all OTHM diplomas are acceptable as long as they are 120+ Credits. 120 credits are considered one year, 240 is two years, etc. anything less will be equivalent to one semester which will not fetch you point if you are aiming for Two degrees or more.

aytide

Jul 15, 2020
all OTHM diplomas are acceptable as long as they are 120+ Credits. 120 credits are considered one year, 240 is two years, etc. anything less will be equivalent to one semester which will not fetch you point if you are aiming for Two degrees or more.
Thanks for helping us on this as a number of us are at this cross junction.

Please if the 6 months diploma gets evaluated by WES as 1 year diploma, how do we fill the 1 year requirement on Express Entry Profile. I learned the program must be minimum of 1 year for it to be awarded points by IRCC.

@abqalhamairi Please assist further.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for helping us on this as a number of us are at this cross junction.

Please if the 6 months diploma gets evaluated by WES as 1 year diploma, how do we fill the 1 year requirement on Express Entry Profile. I learned the program must be minimum of 1 year for it to be awarded points by IRCC.

@abqalhamairi Please assist further.
120 credits are usually one year or 9 month. an academic year is usually 9 months in total. as far as I know, this should be acceptable by IRCC.

RJ12345

Aug 9, 2020

Thank you
Hi did you get a reply on this? Is the level 7 diploma accepted by WES. I am also planning to take this route but quite confused atm.

Jawwad25

Aug 14, 2020
Hi, I am also starting my level 7 from OTHM for Canadian immigration my question is if only highest qualification is assessed or previous qualification will also need. Also I wanted to know how many points I will get if i can get level-7

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I am also starting my level 7 from OTHM for Canadian immigration my question is if only highest qualification is assessed or previous qualification will also need. Also I wanted to know how many points I will get if i can get level-7
Only level 7 alone will not fetch you points for 2 or more certificates. You need a 3 yr diploma or bachelor's degree along with it. So to answer your question, yes you need to transcript for all your previous post secondary qualifications!!

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
I have Associate Degree as per ECA by WES, recently completed Level 7 Extended Diploma (120 hours) and CMA exam from Institute of Management Accountants (USA).

Can anyone share experience if I apply for revaluation after adding Level 7 + CMA, would I get any extra points? Or Level 7 alone? Thanks.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have Associate Degree as per ECA by WES, recently completed Level 7 Extended Diploma (120 hours) and CMA exam from Institute of Management Accountants (USA).

Can anyone share experience if I apply for revaluation after adding Level 7 + CMA, would I get any extra points? Or Level 7 alone? Thanks.
120 hours or 120UK credits?
CMA is a professional level exam, not an academic qualifications considered by WES.

If your Level 7 in 120 UK credits then you need to get that evaluated.

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
120 hours or 120UK credits?
If your Level 7 in 120 UK credits then you need to get that evaluated.
Thanks Mona.

It's 120 credit hours in UK with a pathway towards MBA Top-Up. I will apply for evaluation for diploma while pursuing MBA.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks Mona.

It's 120 credit hours in UK with a pathway towards MBA Top-Up. I will apply for evaluation for diploma while pursuing MBA.
"As a general rule, one UK credit equates to 10 hours of work; a 10-credit course unit therefore requires 100 hours of study on average " So it can not be 120 UK credit hours, I think your diploma might be 120 UK credits.

You should get it evaluated from WES while you completed your MBA top up degree of 60 UK credits.