+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At the Airport - Covid App, Quarantine Plan

Canadiandreaming

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

I am landing in Canada soon and would like to know about any guidance in relation to quarantine plan so I can make it out of the airport and on to my destination.

Quarantine Plan -

- transport from airport. Use of face mask and hand sanitiser. Social distancing. Take skytrain and bus. Or use taxi.

- 14 days at Airbnb, agreement in place for delivery of food.

- medical attention. Can i just say that i have cash in the bank and can call the hospital if I'm sick? Or will they need to see insurance policy?

Is there anything missing? Do I just put this into the app or do I have to a show a plan on paper?

Many thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am landing in Canada soon and would like to know about any guidance in relation to quarantine plan so I can make it out of the airport and on to my destination.

Quarantine Plan -

- transport from airport. Use of face mask and hand sanitiser. Social distancing. Take skytrain and bus. Or use taxi.

- medical attention. Can i just say that i have cash in the bank and can call the hospital if I'm sick? Or will they need to see insurance policy?

Is there anything missing? Do I just put this into the app or do I have to a show a plan on paper?

Many thanks
You can’t use any public transportation so no sky train or bus. Not heard of anyone needing to prove medical insurance except people with a supervisa. You shouldn’t call a hospital if you are sick. You will be given the public health number to contact if you have covid. Call 911 if it is an emergency. You’ll need someway to reach you but sounds fine.

Reactions: Canadiandreaming

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be given the public health number to contact if you have covid. Call 911 if it is an emergency. You’ll need someway to reach you but sounds fine.
Unless OP already has covid, how would he know he has covid? Would he undergo covid examination upon arrival and wait for the result before he can proceed to leave the airport?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Unless OP already has covid, how would he know he has covid? Would he undergo covid examination upon arrival and wait for the result before he can proceed to leave the airport?
Canada is not testing anyone at the airport for COVID 19.

THe hotline is for people who think they have COVID symptoms. No one know for sure until they got tested.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is not testing anyone at the airport for COVID 19.

THe hotline is for people who think they have COVID symptoms. No one know for sure until they got tested.
Agreed. Canuck78 is wrong about that concept.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not wrong about this. If you mention that you are taking public transportation home you will be told you can’t. A person is going into quarantine. Taking a bus, train, subway is hard to trace for contact tracing and can exposes hundreds to thousands of people both travelling with you and after you’ve touched surfaces. This is common sense.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Not wrong about this. If you mention that you are taking public transportation home you will be told you can’t. A person is going into quarantine. Taking a bus, train, subway is hard to trace for contact tracing and can exposes hundreds to thousands of people both travelling with you and after you’ve touched surfaces. This is common sense.
I agree with Canuck78. My husband was TOLD at the airport NOT to take public transit. I was suprised that I can't find it on the website.

Reactions: canuck78

pk123456

Jun 27, 2020
I agree with Canuck78. My husband was TOLD at the airport NOT to take public transit. I was suprised that I can't find it on the website.
Is hiring Taxi allowed? If you are new to the country and do not know anyone how one is expected to travel from Airport?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is hiring Taxi allowed? If you are new to the country and do not know anyone how one is expected to travel from Airport?
Yes it is allowed. Many have set up a partition. You must sit on the opposite side of the driver and in the back seat. The driver will keep the windows open to provide air flow.

Reactions: YVR123

R A J 1369

Apr 8, 2014
Hi,

Quarantine Plan -

Many thanks
Hi.. Sorry for the dumb question. What is this agreement for the delivery of food? Are there any services that deliver food to your quarantine location? And can we make an agreement with them before landing?

Thanks a lot.

Raj

Reactions: Momun

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi.. Sorry for the dumb question. What is this agreement for the delivery of food? Are there any services that deliver food to your quarantine location? And can we make an agreement with them before landing?

Thanks a lot.

Raj
You have to figure that out with your family/friends/grocery delivery service/food delviery apps. There are also some volutneer in some cities willing to help.

But there is no "agreement for the delviery of food" by the government.

Reactions: R A J 1369

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto

Thanks a lot.

Raj
Just use services like skipthedishes ubereats or even individual restaurants, they will deliver it right at your door step. Most will let you schedule delivery as early as next week

Reactions: R A J 1369

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not wrong about this.
But were wrong about this: You will be given the public health number to contact if you have covid.

Should be this: No one know for sure until they got tested. The number is given for those who think they have covid.

Last edited: