+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum

Rjenn

Jan 12, 2019
Hello community!
I'm a 22 year old Syrian refugee working and studying in Germany, I've been here for 3 years, my refugee status is a bit complicated, I have not been recognized as a refugee per se but i have all the ssme rights, my status is called "secondary protection"
You might be wondering why I'm interested in applying for asylum to Canada if I'm already studying and working here, well i want to live in a country where i can fully understand people and fit in better and i have friends in Canada who told me i would and encouraged me to take action if it's possible

So i guess what I'm asking is, is it possible for me to actually get accepted in Canada or no because i already am in a safe country

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Personally, I doubt it. While Secondary protection isn’t quite the same as refugee status, it does offer a path to same status as a refugee in Germany, less family reunification. So you would likely be seen as a refugee of convienience and your claim denied. Add to that the difficulty in obtaining a visa (essentially zero chance) and I see no possibility for a refugee claim to be made.
All that said, there is no reason why you couldn’t apply for immigration to Canada through Express Entry or Provincial Nomination Programs. If you think Canada is a better choice for you, those are significantly better options imo.

Reactions: Bryanna and Rjenn

Rjenn

Jan 12, 2019
Thank you for your reply, so do you think it's possible for me to get accepted for immigration to Canada?
Because i also heard it's not easy

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Without knowing any of your details, as long as you qualify, it should be possible to immigrate. Your status in Germany won’t be a barrier.

Last edited: