+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum claims

Nov 9, 2018
Hello is refugee with a refugee status from another country allowed to seek asylum in canada? Am no longer safe in the country that i am a refugee too

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You aren’t a refugee if you have refugee status in a safe third country. Your claim would be rejected.
You could, however, look at immigration to Canada if you are eligible.

Reactions: Christelle isimbi

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your first post indicates you have refugee status.

Hello is refugee with a refugee status from another country allowed to seek asylum in canada?
What country are you from and what country are you currently in? Do you have a passport? An invitation from your friend is irrelevant. You will need either a TRV or an eTA to get to Canada. Both will require you to disclose your status in the country you currently reside in. If you can obtain a travel document, you can claim at the airport. Whether it is accepted or not will depend on compelling. Evidence of your claim against both countries and your status as a refugee claimant or a refugee in your current country. Be aware, if your claim is rejected, they return you to your country of origin.

Nov 9, 2018
Your first post indicates you have refugee status.

What country are you from and what country are you currently in? Do you have a passport? An invitation from your friend is irrelevant. You will need either a TRV or an eTA to get to Canada. Both will require you to disclose your status in the country you currently reside in. If you can obtain a travel document, you can claim at the airport. Whether it is accepted or not will depend on compelling. Evidence of your claim against both countries and your status as a refugee claimant or a refugee in your current country. Be aware, if your claim is rejected, they return you to your country of origin.
Yes i have a passport and asylum seeker paper from uganda my origin country is Burundi why can they take me back when am not allowed to go back due to my safety?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Can anyone with an asylum seeker paper claim asylum at the airport of canada
Anyone can apply but whether you are accepted or not is a completely different matter.
However, your biggest concern is even getting to Canada, as it is unlikely that you will be able to obtain a Visitor Visa.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
“If” your claim was rejected, that means they don’t feel you are a genuine refugee and the would send you back to your country of origin. That’s just how it works.
As explained, you can claim at the airport when you arrive. Whether your claim as a refugee is accepted, it’s impossible to say.
Your biggest issue will be obtaining a TRV to travel to Canada. As you are already a refugee claimant and residing outside of your country of origin, it is unlikely IRCC will issue you a TRV to travel to Canada.